The Emirates Group

The Emirates Group Employee Reviews

South Africa8 reviews
5,0
Depending on where you work, and what department, this is a great company to work for. It does however take a lot from you, you have to always be on your feet and know what you do, then you will be fine. If you are not the one willing to be first in last out in the office, maybe consider another company to excel in. You can be the person who settles and get comfortable and will be at the same position forever, but if you do your part, you will excel quickly.
5,0
Customer service industry is extremely challenging, however being in the industry for so many years it becomes a way of life to just serve and give off world class service
4,0
a busy airline,the management was good as it was a leading airline in the company so pressure had to managed.
i learned a lot at my time being there i know how to handle pressure and give an excellent service to customers
Pros
team building
3,0
Working at this company takes alot of skill and concentration to fulfil the job. It takes dedication due to some of the flights not coming in on time. Need to always be prepared for a delay. It is a nice environment to work in.
Pros
Free lunch at the lounge.
Cons
Weekend shifts
4,0
Walk in and log in for taking calls and making bookings, correcting bookings, booking accommodation, requesting for visa's. Accommodating customers.
Gained more knowledge of the products that needs to be sold to customers.

Management was good, very liable and very constructive and understanding.

Worked together as a team

Hardest job part was dealing face to face with very angry customers where bookings were cancelled. Ensured customer was well treated and problem resolved.

Playing your role as a reservations agent, giving help and lending a helping hand to the work colleagues.
Pros
Team builings
Cons
No growth structure
4,0
A typical day at work is assisting different people from different cultures and understanding their needs.. i have learnt alot of leadership qualities whilst on the job. Managemnet and co-workers are like a family to me, and gave me great support. I dont t hink that there is any part of the job thats hard or difficult, you need to have a can do attitude.
Pros
Travel benefits
3,0
As a customer service agent, I am based at ticket desk department. I assist direct passengers and tavel agents with travel queries and issuing tickets.

Everyday i learn new things about the product, the system and different people i deal with.

We share knowledge and we work as a team.

The hardest part of my job is dealing with irate passengers or travel agents.

When I get rewarded for my hard working
5,0
All the administrating work- I have lent to work under pressure and try to manage the time frame that is been given by the captain or departure control, my co-workers was very good and kind of assisting, the friends that keep on asking to get the help from me, I never experience any hardest part of my Job as i was enjoying with the rest of the team and the most enjoyable part of my job was when the flight become delayed due to over loaded or full with passengers.
Pros
free lunch once we reach the target
Cons
become long hours when the flight is delayed.