The Estée Lauder Companies
Information from The Estée Lauder Companies:

The Estée Lauder Companies Employee Reviews

South Africa31 reviews
5,0
Fast paced productive work place. You’ll never be bored.
Extensive training, the education team is hands on to answer every question.

It’s not only just make up though, the admin and paperwork can be a bit overwhelming.
Pros
Excellent benefits
Cons
Long hours.
5,0
I would go back and work for Estée Lauder the is no fragrance company that pays well than Estée Lauder and you early grow in the company as long as you show hard work and dedication I love the company
5,0
Enjoyed working for the company, friend manager and area managers. Look well after their staff. In commission structure and allocation of product. The free bees were always great
5,0
Love the Company. Love the people. Love the brand. I enjoy the fact that it feels like “home”, everyone is like family. It’s an honor to work for one of the most prestige companies out there.
4,0
I have learned a lot from Estee Lauder, it is where I found my love for make up.
It is accormodates people from different race, culture and age, it teaches the true meaning of beauty and it has helped me challenge my potential. I am truly greatful.
5,0
I learned a lot in make up tactics and delivering best customer service. Management is very supportive and kind. Not achieving your monthly target would be the most challenging phase considering the effort the company gives to make it easy. I enjoyed the most when I had to travel and work out for eventing.
Pros
Free gifts and lunch when in trainings
Cons
Sunday's and holiday working hours
5,0
An amazing company. Pushes you to be dedicated and achieve target. Get what you give and allocation of product given quaretely. However, the reps does not necesserily make you feel comfortable and many unkept promises.
Pros
commission and amazing products
Cons
long hours and unappreciatiated
5,0
I found the staff friendly and welcoming when I first joined. There was an understanding regarding work/life balance and the culture is one of family and loyalty. I enjoyed my time at Estee Lauder and hope to be employed by them again.
1,0
I'm qualified make-up artist based in Pretoria gauteng,with experience about beauty I offer make-up for any occasions like photoshoot, music video,bridal, baby shower and matric dance
Pros
Free lunches
3,0
I enjoyed my time at Estee Lauder because of the people and the Committees I was part of; such as Inclusion & Diversity, Breast Cancer Awareness and Employment Equity.
The former Managing Director trusted me in my job, she believed in me.

Senior Management let do not micro manage.
Pros
Flexible working hours
Cons
lack of respect by other employees
2,0
Excellent training is provided, wonderful perks also. All the brands under their umbrella seem to have a long career with the company as they are well looked after.
Pros
Fair time is given off for family and leave days
Cons
Retail hours
4,0
- typical work day - TOP doors in JHB ( Sandton, Melrose , Rosebank ) MAC COSMETICS
Drive transactions and sales of the entire team to achieve the store sales targets.

Monitor individual performance of each retail Artist and coach them for better performance.

Train the team on customer service, sales techniques and artistry to improve performance.

Monitor commercial KPIs: in store traffic, conversion rate, # of transactions per hour, UPT, AST and productivity.

- BRAND CULTURE - ALL RACES , ALL SEXES , ALL GENDERS

- Work/ life balance is not easy to balance ( 100% committed to my job)

- enjoyed the training attended in : Canada , Lisbon, Uganda
Pros
training samples, MAC products, International travel
5,0
Estee Lauder Company taught me a lot how to handle a business. How to relate with my customers and being a team player. To be on a challenge with your numbers. How to make your customers happy always and come back to what they know and what they love it's called loyalty to them.
Pros
To have events
Cons
To be consulting and recruiting new and old customers
4,0
It's important to be target driven and passion for sales .Be prepared to work retail hours and be able to work under pressure.Great benefits of trainings and the perks of using the products
Pros
Commission and allocation, quarterly trainings
Cons
Working contract
5,0
Amazing company to work for. They look after their employees; develop them and allow them freedom. Deadline and target driven. Work as a team and assist all employees. Flexi hours. Opportunities to grow and learn.
Pros
Flexi hours, performance bonus
Cons
Long hours, distance (traffic)
4,0
Estee Lauder is a decent family of people. I travelled a lot for my work which involved face to face interaction with employees at counters in EL stores countrywide. I had the longest consecutive contract period for the specific position than any of the other Paracon employees mainly because I completed a large roll-out of new systems.
Pros
Yearly Free Cosmetics
Cons
Extra travelling with my own vehicle
4,0
A typical day at work consists of attending daily updates and being informed on important information dealing with the store. Reporting to our counters and looking at daily figures to know how we are standing for the month as well as looking at daily targets.

The most enjoyable part of my job is my customers. When I have a bad day I just focus on my customer giving the best customer service and making them feel like royalty.
Pros
Product allocation
Cons
Retail hours
5,0
The most enjoyable part is when we under pressure, that's when you see how we stand together to get the work done. We are a closed knit team and always meet the target and dead line
Pros
Transport
2,0
Sell and promote products.
Nothing much, just promoting

No growth

Depends on the retail store they place you

No growth and good remuneration

Selling if you passionate
Pros
Free gifts
4,0
I've worked with them for over 5 years and they are a really fun company to work for, very sales driven,which is why they are number one, however not much growth opportunities.
Pros
Inspiring
Cons
No growth
4,0
I thoroughly enjoyed working at La Mer Tygervalley, The product training was superb and the management team was extremely helpful to part time employees.
Pros
Product Gifts
Cons
Retail hours