The Estée Lauder Companies
The Estée Lauder Companies Employee Review

4,0
16 May 2012
Everyday is different since I am on a traveling team. We usually go in teams around Illinois to different events such as; fashion shows, mall events, and trend shows. I will have clientele and new customers sit in my chair to get a consultation for the entire 8 hour day. During a consultation I try to sell the products I am applying to my client while maintaining a positive conversation and relaxing experience for each person. If an event was slow, I would use my marketing skills to attract new clients to Estee Lauder. If I were to get a new client, they would sit down in my chair and the consulting process would begin. The team includes 15 women, who are all wonderful. The management is great too since we all have similar personalities, and can have fun while we are working. The best part of the job is that the hours are flexible, and establishing relationships with multiple people in the industry, and outside of the industry. The hardest part, which is not a big deal, is traveling to the farthest places from where I live in Illinois.
23 July 2020
MAKE-UP ARTIST (Current Employee) - East London, Eastern Cape
Fast paced productive work place. You’ll never be bored.Extensive training, the education team is hands on to answer every question.It’s not only just make up though, the admin and paperwork can be a bit overwhelming.
Pros
Excellent benefits
Cons
Long hours.
9 December 2019
Make up Artist (Current Employee) - Cape Town, Western Cape
Love the Company. Love the people. Love the brand. I enjoy the fact that it feels like “home”, everyone is like family. It’s an honor to work for one of the most prestige companies out there.
24 April 2019
MAKE UP ARTIST (SMASHBOX) (Current Employee) - East Rand mall, Boksburg
I learned a lot in make up tactics and delivering best customer service. Management is very supportive and kind. Not achieving your monthly target would be the most challenging phase considering the effort the company gives to make it easy. I enjoyed the most when I had to travel and work out for eventing.
Pros
Free gifts and lunch when in trainings
Cons
Sunday's and holiday working hours
  1. A job that requires novice make-up skills. A fun team to work with with multiple working enviornments