The Estée Lauder Companies

The Estée Lauder Companies Employee Reviews in Chicago, IL

Love the people I work with and love the diversity of the brand. Team efforts in opening new store and working through new initiatives. Would recommend anyone to work for MAC Cosmetics.
I had such an amazing time working under Estee, loving the culture, the challenge, the new trends, it was constantly ever evolving especially with social media and youtubers alike. Great Group of women and men who want you to succeed!
Hours were cut back with little to no notice from 35h to 5 or 10. No job security and hard company to advance with. Working as a sales specialist requires alot of traveling store to store.
Working for this company and going to assigned department stores as freelance makeup artist is exciting, can be challenging also. Show, tell and assure is my method in introduction. Recruiting, with foundation and our #1 serum is the key of the day. Everyone, wants beautiful skin and clients see my skin they feel it can be done.
Pros
wearing product to show and tell
Cons
can find yourself working to extreme
My experience with The Estee Lauder Companies and their roles is very poor. I've worked within two brands within the company, and it doesn't appear that the company puts enough forethought into the budgets pertaining running a successful business on top of the educational demands that the corporation puts on their sales managers and associates. I believe there needs to be restructuring done from the top to truly create change on a sales-level.
I worked as a freelance makeup artist and they only cared if I sold. You could of never done makeup before and they will hire you because at the end of the day they just want you to sell.
Pros
Cons
poor pay, don't value employees, only care about sales numbers
I was with this company for 12 years. The people at the top work very hard but are rewarded. It's a fun atmosphere but you really have to bring your best every day, there is no phoning it in!
Pros
A brand with integrity that is easy to stand behind.
Cons
Tough to show up every day with the amount of energy & excitement required in a genuine way.
infuse some special client care or an appreciation for sales: Special training Customer loyalty Promotions and marketing Product sale
The Estee Lauder Companies have the highest respect in their industry for a reason. It is a company that was started by a woman with a vision and that vision was passed on throughout the culture of the companies. They put a high value on the education and development of their employees at all levels that is focused on developing and leveraging the strengths of their employees to improve results.
Pro Fast paced environment Base + commission Great training Great products Con * You have at least 4 bosses to report to, all have different agendas/ goal * Management/ Executives text you whenever they want * Management/ Executives have zero respect for your day off * They hired people who are inexperienced with sales as sales managers, makes it hard to communicate
Everyday is different since I am on a traveling team. We usually go in teams around Illinois to different events such as; fashion shows, mall events, and trend shows. I will have clientele and new customers sit in my chair to get a consultation for the entire 8 hour day. During a consultation I try to sell the products I am applying to my client while maintaining a positive conversation and relaxing experience for each person. If an event was slow, I would use my marketing skills to attract new clients to Estee Lauder. If I were to get a new client, they would sit down in my chair and the consulting process would begin. The team includes 15 women, who are all wonderful. The management is great too since we all have similar personalities, and can have fun while we are working. The best part of the job is that the hours are flexible, and establishing relationships with multiple people in the industry, and outside of the industry. The hardest part, which is not a big deal, is traveling to the farthest places from where I live in Illinois.