The Estée Lauder Companies

The Estée Lauder Companies Employee Reviews for Account Manager

I love working for the brand. They look after you, have good hourly rate, good allocation and friendly staff. The management are very supportive and the ongoing training is excellent. You really do feel valued and they reward you if you over perform. Anyone wanting a long retail beauty career should work for Estee Lauder.
Overall I enjoyed working for the Estee Lauder Group. I across many brands within the Group including Skincare, Cosmetics, and fragrance. They were all very different experiences but overall quite pleasant and enjoyable. I would work with Estee Lauder again and recommend friends too.
I have been fortunate for work for both Estee Lauder and Clinique, Corporately I like the organisation. Allocation is great across the brands. Uniform is supplied you look professional at all times.
I would not recommend working with the Estée Lauder brand due to the fact that area management using techniques have people she dislikes to exit the business I witnessed this with one of my colleagues as a manager she was horrible to the person and had them in tears and to that she then left the business. Also if you think it’s going to be fun don't believe them they have no family friendly policies in place I used to work well over the excess of 60 hours and never got payed correctly ever
Pros
Cons
Long hours poor management
Working for Estée Lauder provides you with knowledge and a high performing level of customer care whilst on counter. It also helps you understand Individual customer needs alongside a high level of training to ensure you achieve targets. Estée Lauder is an exciting company you can progress in.
Pros
Discounted products
I loved going for trainings, and meet everyone. Good feeling to be a part of a great team. I loved busy time and serving regular customers. We had so much fun. Working with competitors it is not easy, but I have learned how I can make the most of this experience. I loved to do small events, using creativity to let people know about a new product. I loved christmas time. There were issues with deliveries and that's made some hard moment. However there are always materials to work with. People are very helpful and even when there are a lot of pressure on us, we were keep up positivity.
Pros
nice gifts, and samples, staff shop
Cons
long hours standing
Consistently give an exceptional internal/external customer service Set the bar for myself and the team by continuously achieving and/or exceeding personal and monthly sales targets Meeting weekly/monthly deadlines by reporting all pertinent information to my Area Manager and HR Coaching and developing team members to ensure their future success with the company Delegating effectively to achieve the common goal of a smooth running location Communicate effectively within-store management sales and education executive team and the buying office dealing with stock issues to guarantee appropriate stock levels of business Event prep and execution booking and follow up
My experience with The Estee Lauder Companies and their roles is very poor. I've worked within two brands within the company, and it doesn't appear that the company puts enough forethought into the budgets pertaining running a successful business on top of the educational demands that the corporation puts on their sales managers and associates. I believe there needs to be restructuring done from the top to truly create change on a sales-level.
Excellent company to work for, excellent training in makeup skincare and fragrance, got taught how to manage a counter, do daily, weekly and monthly sales sheets, keep counter clean and merchandising
Get sent to lots of training so you feel fully confident in all products, good management. Push for progression and push for a higher Salary as they won’t pay very well at the start.
Pros
Discount/ benefits
Cons
Salary
Organise daily sales targets, promotional activity , stock control , displays , staff tasks and rot as , account paperwork . workplace culture was amazing I loved the environment . The hardest part was late nights . The most enjoyable part was the brand and being an ambassador for them.
Pros
Being an ambassador for an amazing company
Cons
late nights
I have had a fantastic time working with Estée Lauder, it's a brilliant company to start your beauty career with. I have had so much fun working for such a high end premium brand, however I do feel a little more support can be given for development.
I really enjoyed working for Estee Lauder. They give great training and the products you get free/at discount is fantastic. I would defiantly consider working for them in the future now that I have gained strong management skills.
I had a short time with Estee Lauder but loved every minute of it. I knew this was a temporary position to stand in for someone and do wish they had a vacancy available. Working with the area manager who is wonderful and taught me so much in a short space of time, through to running a brand new counter was really great.
Pros
discounts
I learned more working for Lauder than I did in college. I started as an artist in 2005 (with no experience) and they taught me everything I know about marketing, fashion, luxury and people. I met all my best friends working at MAC.
My working day consists of working out targets for the counter and staff. Building relationships with the customers is key so i spent 90% of my day talking to customers, giving consultations and creating loyalty to the brand. I have gained many skills ftom my time in the role of beauty advisor and counter manager and one thing is building relationships with customers, managerment and staff is key. Everyone should be working for the same cause and should all want to hit targets. I work in a small team where problems can arise but this is mananged by talking to one another and working stragetically with each other. I find that the hours can be unsociable and some times targets are high and at quiet periods of the year these are tricky to meet. I love working with people and making customers feel special. My aim is to make evey woman look and feel her most beautiful and i acheive that, then i have had a good day at work.
Pros
Training
Cons
unsociable hours
Enjoyed my time at Estee Lauder Day to day account management , Enjoyed the drive and very much a self motivated job
Pros
Looked after staff with incentives and bonuses
Cons
None really just management were a bit awkward at times
Good company to work for have gained a lot of experience of being a manager and what the role entailed.
Pros
staff product sales discounted
Cons
Staffing issues
The most enjoyable part of my job is working closely with my regular customers, at Estee Lauder we pride ourselves in making our customers look and feel more beautiful and with our great products and my makeup expertise I completed this successfully each day at work. I have also learned to manage people and a small team I have trained them in every aspect of the job but most importantly giving first class customer service. I love to work at part of a team I would plan events on counter and create activity with my consultant and set goals to achieve targets I get lots of satisfaction by planning and completing targets. I am highly motivated and pro active but the hardest part of my job was when the store would be particularly quiet and there would be a low foot fall of customers I had to get out there and make the most of that negative situation and be pro active. A typical day for me at work would be to plan my goals and achieve whatever target I had set myself and my team, have appointments booked and sit my customers down always approaching new customers and building my client profile.
Pros
commission
Cons
long hours and working every weekend.
A typical day at work involved preparing the counter & team for business making sure the counter and all the products on display were clean and the shelves were fully stocked to achieve the maximun of sales, making sure the team were up to date with their product knowledge to ensure we / they were all promoting brand awareness of estee lauder and any new product launches.The most enjoyable part of my job was dealing with customers and knowing I made a difference to their day by changing their perception of what they expected from a beauty advisor, leaving perhaps with 1 / 2 products and just enough information to want to return to the counter on another day remembering my name.The hardest part of my job was dealing with staff who were not passionate, seen the customer as an inconvience to there tea break / lunch time, and gave customer service at cash and wrap level. what I learned most was it's important to be a friendly and approachable manager but not to be there friend.
Pros
50% discount on all products sold in the lauder group of companies
Cons
long hours, 3 out of 4 weekends, bank holidays including boxing day
My time working for the lauder company was amazing, the skills I learned has moved me closer to my overall goal.
Pros
management, skills, money
Cons
nothing really