The Estée Lauder Companies

The Estée Lauder Companies Employee Reviews for Make-up Artist in Chicago, IL

Working for this company and going to assigned department stores as freelance makeup artist is exciting, can be challenging also. Show, tell and assure is my method in introduction. Recruiting, with foundation and our #1 serum is the key of the day. Everyone, wants beautiful skin and clients see my skin they feel it can be done.
Pros
wearing product to show and tell
Cons
can find yourself working to extreme
Everyday is different since I am on a traveling team. We usually go in teams around Illinois to different events such as; fashion shows, mall events, and trend shows. I will have clientele and new customers sit in my chair to get a consultation for the entire 8 hour day. During a consultation I try to sell the products I am applying to my client while maintaining a positive conversation and relaxing experience for each person. If an event was slow, I would use my marketing skills to attract new clients to Estee Lauder. If I were to get a new client, they would sit down in my chair and the consulting process would begin. The team includes 15 women, who are all wonderful. The management is great too since we all have similar personalities, and can have fun while we are working. The best part of the job is that the hours are flexible, and establishing relationships with multiple people in the industry, and outside of the industry. The hardest part, which is not a big deal, is traveling to the farthest places from where I live in Illinois.