The Foschini Group

The Foschini Group Employee Reviews

South Africa712 reviews
4,0
Great opportunities, room for growth. I enjoyed being part of a team. Flexible working hours that suits your lifestyle. Great incentives and team bonuses if you reached your target.
5,0
I have learned a lot. for example I've learned to woek as a team /group. Meeting new people was also an amazing experience. And i ver had the hardest time.
Pros
Buy our own
Cons
Minimum hours
5,0
I am one the A class student from Foschini Group, everything I know about retail and its functions I was taught at the company, my seven years there was full of growth and I gave my all and happy that I was part of it too.

The Foschini Group shaped me and helped me to employee and growth other people to. I did not expect my journey to be cut short in a unfashionable way, but I still cheer and love the creator of my career and would go back any day and time.
Pros
Turnover incentives
Cons
Nightshift prep for new accounts drive
5,0
As my first job, I would say I enjoy it because monthly targets are easily reached and you get an incentive which makes you want to work harder. You also get to build great relationships with people and meet new people.
Pros
Incentive.
Cons
Long hours.
4,0
Its a good working environment but management staff will be on your case for being 1 min late. Very micro managing on all your times and its only for agents.
Pros
Work time in for time off
Cons
Micro managing with brake times
3,0
Learned a lot on the job. Positive working space. On site training and reviews given on a monthly basis. Target driven and very pressurized environment
Pros
Permanent position
Cons
Environment is target driven
4,0
Workplace culture was very inviting and friendly and lively . Everybody got along well and working in teams created a sense of comfort amongst us all to help one another when one struggled.
Hardest part of the job was dealing with angry customers but you also learn how to deal with that .
Pros
Learning new skills
5,0
I am an understanding and creative person when coming to a customers. With my experience of customer service, my customers keep coming back and tell me about my service and the treatment that i give to them ..it made them keep coming for more..
4,0
The job has it's ups and downs but overall it was a great experience even though I wouldn't go back. They transferred me to a far branch and I basically worked for my travelling fair.

I worked 9 hours a day as a 108 fashion Fixer, sometimes longer cause we were only 4 employees and we had to work 2 by 2 so that the other 2 can take their off days.
Pros
The discounts, employees.
Cons
Manager, work hours.
3,0
A typical day at work is really fun be cause you get to work with people who are fun and meet customers that are really interesting. I have learned that you need to trust the people you work with because we are a team and there is no "I in team". The management is really awesome they get to listen to our problems and they help find a solution. Workplace culture is literally awesome. The hardest part of the job is if you don't reach you requirements it's stressful. What I love about the job is the people you get to meet on a daily.
Pros
Lifestyle is awesome
Cons
The overview
No 2 days are the same.
In day to day duties; don't plan too far ahead. That the first 15 mins with mngr is crucial.

Mngt still needs to understand that 15 mins I set out in mngrs diary is 'not negotiable'; it's essential and determines our productivity / events / challenges for the day - a lot of planning and sorting out takes place in those 15min.

The culture differs from company to company within the group - one needs to "read" the culture and adapt if not used to it; but without let going of your value system.

Hardest part - convincing mngr that my job is part of his team every day not as and when he wants it to be. I need to be kept in the loop with catch up meetings, included in company strategy session (to hear what the new direction is; only to participate when asked to). It's crucial in my supporting my mngr and his management team - it's not a nice to have; it's a no negotiable to enable me to support my mngr and have him concentrate on the strategic side of his portfolio. Having mngrs realise the 'untapped resource' they have in their PA's - is quite a battle. Also having a voice that can speak obo the PA especially when it comes to fringe benefits; as we too need fringe benefits - TFG can tap in to companies i.e. Old Mutual or Sanlam; to see how all staff are treated worthy of fringe benefits. Although the job of a secretary / pa / exec assistant does not directly impact the top line; it most certainly does influence the top line indirectly via the support the mngr gets from his pa / secretary / exec asst.

Most enjoyable part - the challenges
 - more...
Pros
staff discount, relaxed working environment, great personality and understanding of manager
Cons
no fringe benefits, secretarial salaries are linked to grade of manager - not fair at all
5,0
It was a real learning curve from the beginning to the end, always more product knowledge for all staff members including myself. Starting a day off with staff meetings, communication of staff targets as well as daily duties and staff wellness. The work place culture was one of openness and honesty, reaching targets and finding new business opportunities was sometimes really stressful, but making sales and interacting with customers, solving customer needs was really satisfactory.
Pros
Meeting different types of people
Cons
Long hours and working on Sundays
3,0
Well the structure of the company set up js really well but the problem is the personnel elected to be superiors. When it comes to growth they're selective most coloured people are considered first for growth
Pros
It's a JSE listed company
Cons
Lack of management
5,0
Working at retail has never been easy...you only need to be passionate about your work and do all the tasks ..you also need to be target driven and be the people's person and that way you'll enjoy your work
Pros
Work your heart out
Cons
Do not be lazy
5,0
I will work at forschini bcz u will grow nd be a mananger but if u work hard bcz they gives u second chance nd I wil like to work there bcz its a good environment there
5,0
Working at Foschini was great, i gained a lot of experience in customer service,team work,grooming of other staff members,how to interact with customers as well as staff members.
3,0
The memory that stands out in my mind is the pressure put on one to get new accounts n rewards. You would receive warnings for not having the above. Your focus as a consultant was n could not be 100% to yr job with regards to turnover. No room for growth. On the other hand they do groom one in the area of been an excellent consultant with regards to customer service .
4,0
I enjoyed my time at the Foschini group and thanks to the company, I learned a lot of things to help build a career within the corporate world. I am confident that I am an asset to any company.
2,0
working at markham was heart -warming, was enjoying interacting with people on a daily basis even though is was bit challenging because some costumers were bit difficult
3,0
Enthusiasm for my work, learned to be independent, to adopt and be a leader, fit in slowly and change the staff mind set to positive and team player.
4,0
Tfg is a great place to work for and I am very happy to be part of the company. Very friendly staff and management. Different departments that you can apply post for.