The Foschini Group

The Foschini Group Employee Reviews

South Africa776 reviews

3,4Work-Life Balance

Fun

Great place to work at ,salary is great but you need to push hard and your work does not get seen .struggle to grow ,only way to grow is to leave .overtime is always given a day before your shift not in 48 hours before the time

Pros

Salary

Cons

It was a blast working there.

It was really nice working for TFG. Got a lot of experience there in the time I've worked for them. Keep up the good work wish I could have still been working there but due to circumstances and family related issues I had to let go, but I still wish to work there

Fun work place and productive

Always potential to grow with the different departments in the stores and company.Long hours but teaches time keeping , customer service excellence, interpersonal skills & sales skills.

Pros

Company staff discounts

Cashier

Working at Foschini group I learned a lot about customer service.How to handle customers difficulty customer,I learned how to handle staff and to be on a management team. I also learned baking and filling up..

Long hours and unfair management

One will work more hours than initially scheduled and sometimes not even get paid for them. I was once told by the manager that I didn’t have any leave days after working for 9 months and I only took 1 day off because I was writing an exam. The management has serious unfairness problems and there’s favouritism in the work place. Wouldn’t recommend retail unless you ready to let go of your social life too

Cons

Long hours, no social life and unfair management

Fun

Good working here, management is supportive and learning opportunities are good .I did a lot courses with them .The only challenge is staffing as a leader you nor offered enough manpower

Also known as a cosmetic scientist and makeup chemist, a cosmetic chemist develops formulas to create makeup and toiletry products. Chemists work in laboratories, where the product creation takes place, and factories, where they supervise the manufacturing process. They also travel to meet with their clients.

Pros

Good work schedules

Cons

Salary never matched up

High quality products and affordable prices

Great work place. Excellent customer experience. Development or growth opportunities. Best merchandise, great security system, and improving system makes life easier for the employees and customers.

Pros

Bonuses and free lunches

Stress in workplace

UnhappyTensionFavouritismOnly accommodating to certain staffUnfair treatmentNever good enough for managerAlso use the word excuse when staff's effort was not enough

Tfg is an amazing brand to work for ..I felt so proud of working for tfg .. "TFG family" however, it's the leaders that make most of the employees leave the company and that's the sad part.

Pros

Growth

Cons

Not feeling appreciated

Productive ,fun environment working, challenges, existing

TFG best company I ever worked for with growth, passion dedicated , challenges good,fun and experienced, learned alot.managerment are understanding focused I did also stock control as my new challenges that I didn't know TFG are the best companies to work for thank you. ❤️

Good company to work for

It is a good company to work for even though it is fast-paced but they are very understanding, especially my line manager. Onboarding was thoroughly done.

Productive workplace

It's a wonderful company to work for. Fast past and fun sales environment. There is always opportunities for growth as an employee in the company. Management is very helpful and will help you with training opportunities for you to reach your full potential.

Pros

Amazing insensitive's

Cons

Schedule can change at anytime.

Good quality

It was a great experience to work at this company u gain more experience u learn more about fashion,an styles. U meant different people's, an culture.

Pros

No free lunch

Cons

Normally hours

Excellent training excellent and brand knowledge

I've been overwhelmed productive active especially at total sport we like active making money easy customers easy to approach so also happy to be on my space you feel at home.

Nah.....zero stars from me

Zero stars from me shame. I don't recommend, well if you don't care about your mental health then you can apply to work for this company other than that, stay away. The management is whack if you ask me, those one's will let you work the whole month and don't pay you your salary.

Favoritism over everything.

It's great in the begging, there are some amazing mangers whom you can learn a lot from and then, there's those who are lazy bosses. I wouldn't recommend anyone who can't stand up for themselves to apply here.

Pros

Bucket hours

Cons

Long hours, no weekends off, can't make plans cause schedules change every second day, short staff, average incentives for hard work.

foschini was always fun workplace to dress up when there is special occusions excample : valentines day.Productive was foschini top quality

clock in on system in the morning going to tearoom to give targets and how previous day went. I learned alot at foschini how to communicate to customers to drive sales and how to trust your co workers. The hardest part for me in foschini was you get backstabbers and honest co workers who will always support you.The workplace enviroment is always good cause become a family at the end of the day.I really liked working at Foschini and would really have it back again if i get that oppertunity.

Pros

always got free lunches when we reached target and rewards cards and opening of new accounts.

Cons

we did not have such long hours to work

Depends on whom you work with

Overworked underpaid .Poor management .No value of workers and team .This company is noted for dismissing long-term employees to bring in New employees noted over 10 year experience of employment .

Pros

Alternate Sundays off sometimes if not altered

Cons

Company does not value staff

Fun family

Fun working environnement, the people are good management is abit of a problem, hardly get time for yourself, long working hours even on holidays, good place to build your skills.

Productive and fast paced work place

I can't say working at the company is all bad as I have been able to advance decently within my time employed there, top management will always prioritize the well being of its employees so job security is pretty good

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Foschini Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3,4 out of 5 stars for Work/Life Balance