The Foschini Group

The Foschini Group Employee Reviews

South Africa747 reviews

*Having strong team work with staff.*Attending workshop also helps you gain more knowledge.*Being Store manager you learn new skills and experience.

Cons

Very stressful. Be ready to have depression

You will not enjoy anything about working here. The salary is VERY little for the amount of work done and you will be stressed with targets each and every day. Please stay away if you can

Bad leaders create a toxic culture

The best thing was the interview, it was great positive and made me relax. However from training things went wrong. Lack of appreciation got to me.Not that one expects them to praise a fish for flying bit the team leader is rude and condescending. One in particular treats people like they are mindless sheep and she is the herder.

Pros

Free lunches during super shift, party packs on special days

Cons

Long hours, TLs that treat you as if you are on the factory floor or some sheep that cant think

It's exciting and fair

I think Foschini need a security to check slips at the door ,it sound cheap but it will benefit the company also,that will also help with stock loss,pay more if the staff is not enough,advertise the company more especially in social media,have a person who work specially in shoe department during festive season and black fridayi worked as a casual but that's how i saw the gap

Pros

Free lunches when. Busy

Cons

Hire more people

Good Environment

Busy but very healthy environment, long hours and you sometimes work holidays but i enjoyed my time there. my former boss was okay and the staff were friendly

Pros

staff discount

Stressful

-The government states you are entitiled to an hour-long lunch. If busy, Truworths will call you back from your lunch even if you've only been eating for 5 minutes. You will not be compensated for your stolen 50 minutes.-Overtime not compensated either.-Cashiers consistently blamed for missing money even though there is theft external to the company.-Employee concerns not attended to.-You can break your back doing work tasks that are not under your designation (e.g. manager tasks) to try and learn and they will not want you to advance in the company.-Higher-up positions often reserved for friends.

Productive and fun to work there

I always get a chance to express myself and talents as a Beauty Advisor, the company always acts with integrity when it comes to the employees and customers

Pros

Overtime paid

Cons

Money deducted from my salary when I am late

Cooperative, productive, inspiring and great experience

Working there had been a great challenging experience. Targets are reachable giving thanks to the welcoming working environment. Business strategy is easily adaptable

Pros

Few hours especially when givendaily target and free coffee

Fun filled environment

Great management, Great environment, a lot of benefits from clothing to other store specials. never a dull moment on the floor. This is one of the greatest companies to work for. There are choices when it comes to departments.

Pros

lots of gifts and time off

Cons

target driven

Fun and i have learned a lot

I have learn so much by working at foschinin cosmetic department. The team players was really amazing and the growth in what you do is up to you if you want to grow and become a manager or roaming consultant for that matter..

Pros

No free lunches

Cons

Normal hour

Fun, learning experience, productive and Friendly competition

You learn a lot about the customer service, you can easily move up to the managerial position by working hard of course. Time management ie very important.

Pros

Giveaways, flexible hours

Cons

Busy workplace

Fun but unfair treatment for towards store managers.

Fun environment but management was never supportive towards us store managers too much pressure at all times even during days off and annual leaves.I almost lost my life over working myself only for my work to go un noticed.

Pros

Incentives

Cons

Long hours for ungrateful Ams and Dms

Fast pace work place, fun and always driven

There is room for growth they also don't always let people grow the benefits is good and they always have spot prizes, giveaways and nice goodies to win for the staff. They also take you on a Christmas lunch staff lunches the list goes on an on. They always motivate you and if you struggling they have alot of training available and workshops

Pros

Free lunches, gifts and the hours are great

Cons

Growth in the company is only for certain people and everyone don't get a fair chance

Productive and fun workplace.

A fast paced environment which moulds you into being the best version of yourself. Teaches you how to work under pressure and make your target in fun ways.

Pros

Great incentives

Cons

Customer service is the main aim of Foscini

Excellent company to work with and wish to return to group again they are and will be the best employees to work for in my mind and greatful to have been apart of them.

Pros

Experience

Cons

Time management

Its fun to work for the company & the staff is very welcoming

The are food voucher's when you make sales, they make you feel special on yo birthday.The end year functions gift bonus bt their salary is for students.

Pros

Free lunch on special occations when you make big sale make

Worst place to work for

I was an employee with the group and started in their customer service department 15 years ago and left after 3 years. Can you believe it...im back with them and the salary is exactly the same as back then. Management sucks and always screaming at you. Placr for growth is nowhere to be found in the department. There is always problems with your salary and you have to fight for it. When you approach management about it they are so never mind.

Pros

Staff discount

Cons

Long hours, management, short lunches, no incentives

Very stressful

Once you are multi-skilled they will use it as an advantage but your salary will stay the same there's no growth at all because it's who you know. You cannot take part in any activities in what they have if you work in the customer service call center so you basically a machine. Their working ours are from 8:30 till 21:00 rotational shifts which means if you have a family... They won't see much of you because it includes weekends so it's from Monday to Sunday. Saturday and Sunday is not overtime and no night shift allowance If you want to succeed in the company rather seek in other departments than call center

Pros

Cons

Long hours, they do not acknowledge their employees, salary not up to standards and management have no empathy for employees

It's the most enjoyable place to work at .

1.My day at work were sometimes hard because I was dealing with customers who had been experiencing some bad days but then I would manage and keep calm with myself.2.I have learned that a customer is always right and whatever bad day he or she is experiencing always smile.3.My manager has always been good to me even on the baddest days .4. The hardest part of the job was closing late sometimes and doing over times .5.Most enjoyable part of the job was getting extra time for lunch.

Pros

Free Lunches sometimes from the boss

Cons

17 hours

Fun work though there's too much nepotism and unfairness

Everything is fine just the management is a problem they don't want other people to grow within the campany and you will be a casual for more than three years and train new staff members who earn more than you and find out its their relatives.

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

No growth

Nice working for the company

I think need more teamworkExperience are greatLess stressWages payable are low, cant feed family One can grow in company if interested of studying further or become more productive in the company. Overall the management are ok. What I can say come is big and there many opportunities to grow in the company.

Pros

Lunch Breaks

Cons

Normal hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Foschini Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• The Foschini Group
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?