The Learning Experience
2,9 out of 5 stars.

The Learning Experience Employee Reviews

2,9Work-Life Balance

Great place but not a career

Worked at The Learning Experience for over a year and was not offered a raise at any point. No ability to grow through the company. The facility itself was well maintained though and kept thoughroly cleaned.

Pros

Nice size classrooms

Cons

Pay increases

Great

It was a good experience . Great people. Great environment, a good place for your own kids to go if you need the daycare. The experience with the kids is something you’ll never forget.

Management is not good

The turnover rate is bad, they will hire anyone just to have a body in the room. The owner pretends to care but does not! It’s not a good place to work outside of the kids. It’s always something shady going on.

Love the kids but management was wack

Loved the kids, management’s communication was trash. I worked there in 2020 and they failed to communicate with me/ give me the things I needed. Felt very unseen while working here

What is the best part of working at the company?Unfortunately there is no advantage working for TLE. They offer the bare minimum so nothing that benefits your growthWhat is the most stressful part about working at the company?The corporate team the regional and the area directors . No transparency, no respect to the employees What is the work environment and culture like at the company?The culture is build all around drama. No support and no appreciation. No team events no rem building, meetings are just to do task and no collaborations are welcomed What is a typical day like for you at the company?Stressful and long. No plan no prediction.

A good starting job; but low pay and no advances.

The rooms are small, in my opinion, for the number of children and staff. The staff have to do all the cleaning in the room, which is difficult. Pay is low and I did not receive a raise after being there over a year. There is a large turnover of staff and management. Staff are good people and helpful. Moral feels low, given the stated conditions.

Pros

Friendly staff.

Cons

Ni benefits or advances. Low pay and moral.

It was okay

The company itself sucked... But I really enjoyed the kids and coworkers. I just don't like how much corporate was involved in such little things. Felt like people were breathing down my neck

Far from fun

Hopefully by now the management & employees have gotten better. Had redundant tasks to do with no actual leadership behind my actions. Will walk all over you if you allow it. Pay wasn’t so bad but with the staff it just wasn’t worth it.

Amazing Workplace - Amazing Company - Amazing Families

I have been absolutely overjoyed to be a part of The Learning Experience Jenison team. In the short time I've been here, my work and contributions have been acknowledged and well received. The support I receive from my regional manager and franchise owner is more than I could ever ask for as a Director. The opportunity to showcase all I've learned while continuing to grow has been invaluable. Happy really does happen here!

Even if you are desperate for work don’t

Human mentality and well being are not worth the job. The high pressure , no bathroom breaks and rudeness of this position isn’t worth the money they offer. The kids make it so hard to leave but please for the well being of yourself don’t work this job

Pros

Cons

No breaks, lack of respect, no time off

They care about their teachers as individuals...

Working at TLE Gurnee has been amazing, I feel as though our leaders care about us and do everything they can to help us on a personal and professional level.

Pros

free lunches, bonuses, great pay and PTO benefits

Avoid at all costs…

Unstable work environment, staff is so overwhelmed and overworked that they are extremely rude and judgmental. The management there is unprofessional and disrespectful, they undervalue their staff. The pay is good and the children are lovely to work with but everything else makes it quite miserable.

Pros

Sometimes free food

Cons

Will skip out on your much needed breaks

Tense but a good place to work

Tense at times, alittle drama, but all in all a good place so far to work and it seems like there might be room to grow if you stay here long enough.

Amazing

I have never had a job where I’ve actually enjoyed going, until here. I worked here from End of 2020 to beginning of 2021. My own son went there and was in the 3s class. I loved the staff and management. Everyone was so kind and helpful. Definitely felt like I was a part of a team. I loved those kids like my own, and definitely cried leaving them. Amazing people. Amazing company. Constantly learning. I loved it.

Pros

Amazing management

Cons

Childcare is tiring

Low pay unorganized

Very short staff and unorganized. They only care about their parents being happy and they can't keep their staff. Sometimes there's so understaff we didnt get our full hour breaks.. Managment only care about enrollment and getting parents to pay the expensive tuition. Theres no overtime opportunities or insurance. Nor do they properly train their staff. They expect their more experience employees to train them.Everyday you come into work you never know what's going to happen. But regardless of what happened they want you to be accountable for everything even for the stuff that they're accountable for.

Pros

Great if you love kids

Cons

Pay, management

Great company to work for

Start learning experience in Jenison is a great place to work. It is a great work environment and awesome directors/ bosses. I would definitely recommend coming to work for the TLE in Jenison

Official response from The Learning Experience

22 November 2022
Wow, we cannot thank you enough for sharing those kind words about your team members and TLE families here with us. We stand for Happy Happens Here and are thrilled that you found this to be the case. Thank you for being part of our TLE Jenison family!

What is the best part of working at the company?Most of the students and teachers.What is the most stressful part about working at the company?No lunch breaks!!! Always short staff. Management doesn't manage. If you are sick they refuse to let you go home and get angry if you call out. Even if you have a Dr's Note. They don't inform staff of exposure to covid cases. Requests for use of vacation or personal time earned is always denied. Students are not properly screened before registration. Over all staff is not supported when a conflict arises.What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Very very stressful.What is a typical day like for you at the company?Too much to say...

Fun job!

Great place to work! Friendly staff and great kids! No weekends, and lots of down time. Hardest part of the day is difficult children. Recommend for a stepping stone in a resume!

Happy Place to Work!

TLE really believes in employee well being in all aspects. They have mastered the blueprint of healthy work life balance. From interviewing to onboarding there is support along the way. There are team members, no matter the department, to assist when you need help. Management is understanding and keeps an open door policy to make you feel comfortable to speak with; everyone in management is approachable and respectful. They are considerate with pay as it compares to cost of living.

An Experience

The Learning Experience may be a excellent company, but the individuals they have running their centers are not. Terribly inconsistent management and unforgiving environment for children.

Bastante bueno el ambiente el personal de Dirección es muy considerado con sus empleados.

Siempre tenemos buenos adiestramientos y reuniones , actividades depende la edad que de los niños es el stress que puedas tener. La realidad que es una de las mejores academias que he trabajado.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Learning Experience. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2,9 out of 5 stars for Work/Life Balance