The Really Great Teacher Company

The Really Great Teacher Company Employee Reviews

South Africa13 reviews

2,9Work-Life Balance

Exploits their employees

They offer a laughably low rate because they know their employees are desperate for any work. They will deduct 3 days worth of pay if you are even 1min late to check-in. With intense work hours, and no breaks in between, this can happen very easily. You will also receive deductions to your pay check even for events completely out of your control. You get all the negative of being a "freelance employee" (no paid vacation, sick days, outside support for poor management, etc.), but none of the benefits. There are much MUCH better options out there.

Pros

Pre-designed lessons

Cons

Extremely poor pay, no paid leave, almost no breaks in-between classes, exploitative policies.

Not too many worse places than this one

I would never recommend this company to anyone. We worked for very low wages, almost a third of what is earned everywhere else. They guarantee hours, but most days you start at 10am but finish 6pm. That does not include prep. Even though tech can go wrong, you will be given a fine. If it is an Internet issue, ISP sends email about service issues, you are expected to hot spot your phone. Basically, you will be working to pay that data bill on your phone. No communication amount management, 1 person sends one email and another contradicts it with different information.

A great place to work for but not worth it on the long run.

As a teacher you will have a set schedule and guaranteed hours. The management team is extremely helpful and consistent. The Wall Street English syllabus is great and so are the students. The students are hardworking and diligent.Besides this, the company doesn't pay well nor do they increase your pay, ever. In fact there seems to be a trend of decreasing the salary each year. However there are opportunities to grow within the company.

Supportive and Exciting work environment

Stimulating work day with ongoing learning. Supportive co-workers and guidance from senior management. Every initiative is aimed at development of teachers and improving experience for teachers.

Pros

Private

Cons

Private

Sick degrading culture

I would not recommend this employer. Punitive work culture. Blame. What they say and what they do do not align. They distribute warnings like candy at a kids birthday party.

Pros

Great coffee, easy parking

Cons

Absent directors. Punitive work environment.

Fun and they really care about you.

The longer you work the company the more you will love it. The atmosphere is lovely. As long as you do what you need to do as a teacher, there is no problems.

Cons

They pay can easily change because they pay in Dollars.

Productive and fun

I really enjoyed the working environment of this company. The support they gave was excellent. I really enjoyed the kids and also having a group of other teachers I can bounce ideas from.

Not so great treatment of staff

The management does not care about their staff. The training is completely inadequate. It seems that the Team Leaders are unable to answer the simplest proceedural questions and constantly passed the buck.

Official response from The Really Great Teacher Company

25 August 2020
Thanks for sharing your thoughts about your time at TRGTC. I'm sorry you didn't have a great experience. We are constantly looking to adapt in our ever-changing industry, and to strengthen our management processes. We are working hard to improve, and I would be personally grateful to hear further feedback. Please feel free to contact me directly, and thanks again for taking the time to leave this review. Christopher MillerGlobal Service Director

it is just okay

I had a very terrible experience working for this company. I love my job very much but the working environment was just not fair at all. I lost my belongings and nothing was done about that

Pros

Time to go to work

Cons

Terrible management

Punitive and underpaying

Shifts No full weekends off Punitive and authoritarian management style Great teachers; friendly,helpful and warm. Student-pleasing expectation trumps teaching excellence

Awesome

Very chilled, very modern way kf working. Very friendly staff and although they are strict they are very fair. The pay is awesome, and you can make even more by taking more shifts

Pros

Free coffee, chilled, high pay

Cons

Good-ish company

A good company overall. Easy to enjoy the work. If you’re passionate about ESL teaching, it’s a great place to be. The hours can be quite exhausting as they’re odd working times, and not distributed quite evenly throughout the day in terms of when breaks are allowed according to class times. Management lacks sympathy with employees. Structure in place feels suffocating

A Really Great Company to work for!

TRGTC has some cool values, one of which is ''Always Better". This value runs through the lifeblood of the company in everything they do. Really happy to work here and add value by doing something I love! I work with prospective applicants from the US, Canada, New Zealand, South Africa and Australia and love engaging with them.

Pros

Great pause area, diverse team members from various disciplines

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Really Great Teacher Company. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2,9 out of 5 stars for Work/Life Balance
2,4 out of 5 stars for Salary/Benefits
2,3 out of 5 stars for Job Security/Advancement
2,8 out of 5 stars for Management
3,2 out of 5 stars for Culture

The Really Great Teacher Company Reviews by Location

• The Really Great Teacher Company
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?