The Reliable Automatic Sprinkler Co., Inc.
3,3 out of 5 stars.

The Reliable Automatic Sprinkler Co., Inc. Employee Reviews

3,5Work-Life Balance

Easy work, clean environment

Good job to work at. Unorganized at times but overall not bad. Nit picky sometimes and management has favorites but it’s like any other place.

Pros

Light work load

Excellent company to work for

An excellent family-operated company. Good people to work with, consistent work load. Excellent benefit and wage package. Family ownership is very hands-on.

An amazing company to work for, great management and work culture!

I wasn't sure what to expect when I started working for Reliable. I had experience in Fire Protection and Sales, but I never really worked for a company like this one. Management truly cares and likes to see us all succeed. My coworkers are awesome and we have great report. I don't feel a sense of 'UGH I HAVE TO GO TO WORK' in the morning like I have in the past for other employers. Reliable has awesome opportunities for its employees. I would recommend anyone to come work here.

Pros

Thanksgiving Turkey and Christmas Ham for everyone in the company, several paid holidays including your birthday, PTO and holiday pay available, good insurance, awesome work/life balance, great management team

Cons

Only Con is that I didn't start here sooner!

Great Company

Enjoy working at Reliable. Everyone is friendly and helpful. Very family oriented and leadership cares about employees. Great coworkers and great management.

Work here if you want your soul sucked from your body

Like most jobs it seemed okay to begin with, then management changed and everything became an absolute garbage fire. Favoritism runs rampant and a lot of the coworkers are hateful individuals who are always ready to try and get you into trouble for the smallest reasons.

Good work

Good work. Easygoing. Low pay. They are absolutely insane about covid and you could be out of work for some time if you get a fever lr a family member does.

Pros

3 breaks

Cons

Management is not so organized.

Feels like your freedom is gone. Like vanish

Feels like your freedom has been terminated. They take your phone away and your keys. I was like,WHAT? I thought they only do this when you visit a prison. Hence, freedom terminated.

Pros

One hour lunch

Cons

Feels like your freedom has been terminated

Incompetent leadership

If you enjoy coworkers who put more effort into being lazy than working, this is where you want to be. Management will throw you under the bus immediately to save themselves. The utter lack of communication and teamwork is laughable, you'll get to carry the slack of lazy employees while management makes excuses for them. Hilariously incompetent "leadership" if you can even call it that.

Pros

Weekly pay, decent schedule

Cons

lack of competent leadership and communication.

Bad management

No help from management and no room for growth. This company would be great without the family favoritism in management, overall the management team are not qualified, bad judgment calls.

Pros

Great shift

Cons

Poor management

The company is run like a team, everyone has a position and works together.

A large 100 year old family owned company that shows they care about team members. Management keeps you motivated without being overbearing. Many locations with room to grow.

Pros

Generous holiday/vacation pay.

Cons

No company shirts/uniforms

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at The Reliable Automatic Sprinkler Co., Inc.?

A very chill job

Something different each day, not really that demanding. You learn a lot about the sprinkler industry and how each product works. Good for an entry level position coming straight out of college.

Pros

Breaks, benefits, Vacation time

Productive Great hours Family atmosphere

Family environment. Safety is very important to protect employees from harm. Great hours. Pay is good. Pay for all holidays. Two weeks vacation after 90 days.

Pros

Good atmosphere

100 year conservative manufacturer of fire protection - can be a great place

An American company that cares about employees and customers in an industry that historically protects its own. Many of the corporate and office positions have perks. This company is conservative with overall financial stability. There is room for improvement in the area of soft skills for most of the people managers. It's family-owned, and at its worst, there is a family dynamic of jealous siblings. The medium-sized private company that designs, manufactures, and sells fire protection equipment is a business that employees are proud of. A corporate employee can understand and impact the entire operation.

Pros

interesting products, training in some areas, overall supportive people, kind, beautiful facility for some, respect of people, better than average benefits

Cons

old school thinking, slow moving, self sabotaging perfectionism, pockets of micro managing, gender gaps

The kindest and smartest people I've had the pleasure to work with.

Stimulating environment with forward-thinking ownership that is not afraid to invest back into the company. Colleagues and managers are smart and insightful, and never does a day pass where I not only teach, but also learn. Workplace politics are minimal, and the organization understands and communicates its goals and values well. Physically, both office and production environments are clean, well-lit, comfortable and SAFE. And best of all - our products save lives and protect property the world over.

Pros

Stimulating work environment with pleasant co-workers.

Cons

Never enough hours in the day to do all I want!

Growing Company

Reliable is a rapidly growing company, and with that growth I have seen opportunities to advance for those that work hard and perform. Family owned with a family atmosphere that permeates throughout the organization!

Pros

Opportunities for growth

Cons

Work demanding but reasonably challenging

If offered a position at this company...Run.

I wouldn't force my mortal enemy to work here. If you absolutely cannot secure employment for any other company,and this includes Mcdonalds,then consider Reliable. Inept management. Favoritism. 6-7 days a week for a paupers wage. Backstabbing. I could go on but what's the point.

Pros

Absolutely none.

Cons

Having to work there.

Nepotism runs rampant discipline in rules and safety is inconsistent. Overtime when available is offered only to some. Work environment issues ignored

You will never get a cost of living raise best you can hope for is on average .25 per hr. Layoffs just happened older employee's were forced to except it and in same cell a newly hired was exempt because her husband was the cell technician. One person fired for being 30 seconds late when others are always late and it's overlooked by management. Manager overlooking Drunk employee.

Pros

Give a butterball turkey at Thanksgiving and ham at Christmas

Cons

Most can't afford company family insurance no vision or flex spending. No bonus.

The supervisor

Management was terrible everything we did was for first we were always the ones in the wrong boss never comes out of his office and when he does it’s when a big mistake happens or he is getting food

Pros

Pay

Cons

Hours

Great Place to work for.

Great place to work for! For the most part they treat you like family. I would never bad mouth the company because they’ve been of great help to me and my family!

Good benefits

Management bad,supervisor bad. Once they get it in for you,you are toast. They have great employees here. I will never recommend anyone to work there.

Pros

Great benefits

Cons

A lot of turnovers

Decent Job

The actual Job was fine and normal with decent pay, management wasn't adequate. Family own organization that has all family at the top so no real advancing.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Reliable Automatic Sprinkler Co., Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3,5 out of 5 stars for Work/Life Balance
3,3 out of 5 stars for Salary/Benefits
3,2 out of 5 stars for Job Security/Advancement
2,9 out of 5 stars for Management
3,0 out of 5 stars for Culture
  • The Reliable Automatic Sprinkler Co., Inc.
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?