The Star Academy

The Star Academy Employee Reviews

An amazing learning experience with phenomenal children

This was an amazing learning experience for me. I grew as an individual and the children are phenomenal. The majority of the other instructors are friendly and helpful and there is a sense of community between them. However the level of dysfunction from management, their closed-minded attitudes and disrespect for the employees whom choose not to submit to their verbal threats and intimidation, is frightful. Also found them slightly money hungry, promising treatments for children that would have benefitted more from an alternative therapy but unethically promising beneficial treatments outside of their scope of practice instead of being upfront with the parents.

Pros

One of the most fun and rewarding jobs you can find

Cons

Unethical and Unfair management

Horrendous HR, unfulfilled promises and overall negative experience

This company is run by people who are inexperienced and lack the fundamental knowledge and capability necessary. A lot of time is spent ‘after hours’, which would be okay if you felt rewarded financially and otherwise. The work environment is cliquey and toxic and you really(!!!!!) need to be dedicated to helping these kids if you want this job to feel even slightly rewarding.

Be very careful cult like working condition

I learned a lot from them but no HR,no management and as soon as you earn more money they give your hours to someone that has just started because there on a lower hourly rate than you.

Amazing experience and training

The children are amazing and are the best part of the job. Rewarding job but very stressful with a tough company culture (very clichy). You only advance when you are favored by management. The training was of very high quality great place to gain experience.

Pros

High quality training, amazing children, rewarding work

Cons

Poor salary, lots of unpaid travelling costs

A Rewarding Experience with Systemic and Organizational Challenges

The work experience is second to none in terms of working in the applied behavioral sciences field and provides an opportunity to learn the field of Autism treatment from highly skilled professionals. A young, vibrant workforce ensures a dynamic work environment, although the management element is severely lacking. No HR presence, no KPA's or clearly defined growth and advancement paths. Correspondence with clients occurs at all hours of the day and much time is required to maintain administrative duties outside of actual work hours.

Pros

Unique Field of Work

Cons

No clearly defined HR policies

This is an organisation which provides support and change for children with Autism for the better.

A typical day at work is fast paced with a lot of input and expectation with one on one consultations with clients. While working here I have learned to adjust to the expectations of the company as well as the clients needs. Management are supportive and ongoing training is offered. The most difficult part of the job is adjusting to the needs of clients which may be difficult provide at all times. The most enjoyable part of the job are the people I interact with,such as my Colleagues, and the satisfaction of positive feedback one gets from clients.

Pros

I have been able to do this job part time while doing my degrees

Cons

There is little room for progress.

Amazing

its a amazing! This has changed the lives of so many people. Every child has their own program and every staff member tries to help the kids so much. Well done say academy!

Horrible company culture

The company has a very cultish culture, you have to constantly navigate your way around workplace politics. It may be difficult to get booked for sessions if you don't fit in, this affects your salary.

Pros

Working with inspiring children

Cons

Company culture

Junior ABA Therapist

Working one-on-one with children applying the principles of ABA. You learn something new everyday and the staff you work with is absolutely amazing. We became a family, not just a group of people working together

Star Academy's aim is to see children thrive and learn, I love working with the children and seeing them grow mentally and physically.

Fun place to work, gaining lots of experience, meeting new people, learning something new each day

a typical day consists of having fun and hanging out with awesome children while providing ABA therapy. I have learned to overcome my fears, see life differently and appreciate others differences. I have awesome co-workers who are always bubbly, easy to approach and always there to help. the hardest part of been a therapist is not getting through, feeling like you not doing enough. Th e enjoyable part is the people i work with.

Pros

Growing as a person and the different people you meet each day

Cons

No set salary

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Star Academy. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• The Star Academy
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?