Topco Media

Topco Media Employee Reviews

South Africa11 reviews

2,9Work-Life Balance

Feels like family

I have been at Topco Media for almost 12 years and i can say that they take care of their staff , motivate staff where ever they can , Topco is the company to work as you will not receive the pleasant work environment else where as you do at Topco Media .

Pros

free lunches, staff gatherings to celebrate success, good hours

Cons

not really any i can think of

Fast paced, energetic, fun, environment.

I really enjoyed my time at Topco Media. I like that they train and support their staff. The culture of team work is enjoyable and respect that there is an 'open door policy'. Topco Media was very agile and innovative. They are very passionate about their people.

Pros

Working hours, team work, great family culture

Competitive Working Environment with Platform to Grow

Competitive working environment, where you are given the room to grow - and grow quickly! Trust in your ability as an employee is given by management, with the expectation to perform your role. Working at Topco can decrease your learning journey from 5yrs to 2yrs if you approach your work with the right attitude.

Happy engaged and fun creatives

I made some great friends, learnt a lot and i thrived in the creative space. The sales floor had a lot of energy and everyone was always training & improving themselves. The brands are well put together in terms of themes and concept.

Pros

good team environment, a place that loves creativity & innovation

Hi energy, great learning environment, lots of fun

Every day is different and you are always learning something new. The management is always open to new ideas but has a strong successful history and I learned a lot about working with top companies. The events I worked on were very intense to work on but it was a great feeling to see the final product after working so hard with the team.

Pros

Nice offices and environment, great incentives

Cons

Is a very deadline driven environment, you have to be able to work under pressure

Terrible work environment

Management is a joke. The office has no aircon and is between 35 and 45 degrees in the office any given day with no freash air. Feels like you are going to suffocate. I had to buy a desk fan, and it dit not help much at all. The company is extremely unorganized. I truly don't know how they are still surviving. Was the worst place I have ever worked and hated every minute of it. They have a extremely high staff turnaround.... That should tell you something. Terrible company to work for.

Cons

Worst company to work for

We received pathetic training and were instructed to sell products that were not yet finished. The director unfairly dismisses people or puts them in an independent contract where you don’t earn a basic salary when one does not perform instead of implementing proper training strategies.

Pros

Fun environment to work in

Cons

Bad Management

Never apply to 2 work for this company ever, they've gone from bad to worst

Terrable place to 2 work at!! Bad work ethics, bad management, staff keep to themselves. No sense of urgency at all. Project managers act like they own the company.

Stressful and unstable

When going for the interview i was given a completely different job description than ehat im actually doing now. You are not in a stable job. They will fire you if you do no not make target without proper training given

Pros

Hour lunch

Cons

Unstable job

Managers are very helpful, i was in a formidable sales team.

Exciting place to work for just felt for a different challenge,where I can grow more. Topco Media have instilled in me a professional way in doing sales.We did a lot of inhouse sales training.The company look after us in meeting our targets and help us in doing so.

Pros

Very good incentives

Cons

No bonuses

A day in the life of Topco's administator

My typical day at the office includes marking the attendance register, reminding all executive management of meetings for the day, attending to sales staff CRM requests and managing a switchboard of approx 70 - 100 extensions. I have learned how to deal with various people and multitask as well as becoming a master at Sales force. We have a structured management. The hardest part about my job is taking a lunch break. I enjoy working at Topco Media as we are a corporate family.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Topco Media. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2,9 out of 5 stars for Work/Life Balance