Tourvest Destination Management

Tourvest Destination Management Employee Reviews

One of the best Tourism companies to work for. Management sure do spot hard workers, and there is a reward at the end. ;) You are not shackled to one position, should you wish to move into another department and a position becomes available you are more than welcome to apply. Job culture is superb, friendly staff and management. Should this 2020 pandemic not be the reason why I got retrenched I would've stayed at the company for many years.
My work experience at Tourvest was wonderful until Covid-19 came along. There is room to grow at this company. Put in the work and reap the rewards. Many colleagues from various cultural backgrounds; open-plan office; lots of training; quality leadership.
Pros
Opportunity to travel (dependent on position); mostly flexible working hours; great environment
Cons
Slight increase of micromanagement
Diverse clients and projects. Fast paced and never boring. Cool culture with some flexibility. Managers are young and flexible. Top management can be a bit rigid and old fashioned.
Dealing with customers is no problem at all. Lovely staff members and friendly environment to be working on except for some rude and arrogant supervisors
Pros
Great company to be working for
Cons
Flexi timers excluded in most activities like team building and training.
• Won a ‘Top 40 Women in MICE 2018’ award as a top 40 finalist chosen from hundreds of nominations, based on in-depth understanding of the nature and challenges of the evolving Meetings, Incentives, Conferences and Exhibitions industry • Led, motivated, managed and supported a cohesive, high-performing IME team in working collaboratively to achieve key business objectives within very challenging timeframes while providing clients with the very highest standards in service delivery • Contributed significantly to boosting Tourvest Destination Management’s success in the IME market through expanding the team from 8 to 15 people and growing the division by 40% • Conceptualised, planned, managed and successfully delivered multiple diverse conferences and events ranging from a CEO Think Tank for 10 guests to an event in Mauritius with 500 participants • Maximised individual and team potential through identifying, acknowledging and developing team member strengths, enhancing skills, boosting confidence, providing ongoing mentoring and support, and consistently leading by example • Established, developed and maintained positive, collaborative relationships with clients, working closely with them to ensure full understanding of their requirements and to provide them with the best available product at the best possible price
I learned a lot at tourvest Sometimes stressful. Enjoyed the environemt. The people the culture and the fun we had while i was there. There were a few hiccups here abd there but something that wouldnt be sorted.
Good company to grow experience as a person and learn a lot interact with lots of cultures and embrassing diversity interacting with different cultures workings with the best and hard working individuals.
I really enjoyed working there. I have learned so much and worked with wonderful people. The management is exelent. I would absolutely recommend this company to anyone who would want to be part of a tourism family.
Management in this place is very bad. They don't grow you skills and don't provide time to learn. They want you to work 7 days a work and all night. They don't have any knowledge of how to grow and support people.
Pros
nothing
Cons
You work all day and night.
Checking emails for new quotes, actioned and reply back to the agent, i learned about desk management, Good company, i enjoyed my time there, very good vibe,
Pros
Dressing up for occassions
Cons
Putting extra hours sometimes
At work we always has something to look out to with loads of adventures. I learned a lot in my years working for TDM BASE, they have grown me a lot. Management has a open door policy and they are all fun people to work with I have a personal and professional relationship with the team i had and i enjoyed working with them all. Sometimes the clients get demanding and TDM never says no to a client, working your fingers to the bone but enjoying it never made sense until i worked at TDM. Working with the team and having people lift your spirit when you have a bad day and makes your day better.
Pros
Close relationship with everyone
Cons
N/a
the work has a bit of presure due to turn around times for confirmation and different makerts, however it gives me great joy when i see my clients satified and happy. I have learnt to hanlde presure and problem solving without cinflict It is very nice to work with rrlatable people as it make a job easier and fun
Pros
coplimantary accommodation
Cons
turn around times for confirmation
tourvest as a world based travelling agency treated employees with respect and intergrityt and made good contacts with management and on and off work relationship.
Pros
do dinner
Cons
8 hours work
Exciting Company in an ever changing business environment