Transman
Transman Employee Review

A day in the life of the Executive PA to the CEO

4,0
15 June 2013
A typical day at work sees me arriving at work approximately 30 to 45 minutes before I am required to be there. I like to arrive early so I can get a "head start" on the day and spend this time attending to the e-mails I would have received from the CEO. I will attend to these e-mails and the various duties and tasks she has requested me to deal with - these can range from organising meetings, distributing agendas and minutes to ordering her groceries for her personal residence online, organising payments to be made on her behalf by communicating these to her personal banker. If the CEO is coming into the office, once she arrives I assist her by setting up her laptop and dealing with anything she may bring into the office for me to attend to - distribution of work to my fellow colleagues, organising for her personal clothing items to be delivered to the dry-cleaner, etc. I will set up her laptop and ensure that she is settled and happy. A typical day may include me having to issue instructions to the staff who I supervise - the company receptionist, the CEO's driver, the Mail Room Assistant, the office assistant, the CEO's personal housekeepers and the housekeeper for the company's guest house. Furthermore, I deal with numerous telephone calls and the Executives wanting to see the CEO for various work related matters. If we have an EXCO meeting, I attend this meeting with the CEO and the Executives and I take the minutes of these meetings (I will organise everything relating to this meeting from booking the auditorium for the meeting, organising the layout of the room - more...
Pros
Flexibility, understanding CEO, diversity of the position, interesting research work
Cons
Conflict management, communication barrier, dissatisfied temporary employees of the company, language barrier
5,0
3 August 2020
Assistant (Former Employee) - Port Elizabeth, Eastern Cape
At the time I was young but allowed to work on and off here for six years. It was great learning experience and I felt extremely grateful for the opportunity.
5,0
21 April 2020
Site Supervisor (Current Employee) - Durban, KwaZulu-Natal
Working for Transman was a Blessing to me because I was given a chance to grow within the business and I was exposed to a lot of things. I started back in 2013 and Currently I am one of the Site Supervisor. What I have learned is that they value all their hard working employees and their management is always there to assist if you finding difficulties along the way.
3,0
18 February 2020
Driving code 14 (Current Employee) - Cape Town, Western Cape
The company was fine, hours the only problem was their rate, it was very low and I couldn't afford my family otherwise working with them was fine and I was comfortable.