Transnet

Transnet Employee Reviews

South Africa1 138 reviews
Found 1 138 reviews matching the search
5,0
They are a very good company that pays its employees very well. I worked with professional people that took me in like I'm family and taught me very important engineering skills
Pros
Bonus
5,0
Nice everyday challenges. Everyone is competitive. Healthy work environment. Healthy working culture. Safety is the key. Charismatic leaders. Great people as well
Excellent working environment
Slim chances of FTC’s to be observe permanent.

Celebrate employees

Transnet can maybe pay for employees/ department year end functions
1,0
Typical day you have to run around and are treated like a slave.
You cant learn much there for they allways need you on the job,

Only certain people gets training and you need to be in there good books.

Culture is good it just needs more work for all colours.

Hardest part off job is you can do your best , they allways untankfull, and just say you get payed to do it.

Most enjoyable part of job is , nowing you set a plant machine and equipment correct and see the production running.Nowing you can work without the guidance of a supervisor.

And doing fault finding on machine systems and fix it super good.
Pros
Braai end of year and very good quality tools and equipment
Cons
Stressfull hours and if you in a overhaul in maintenance work is not epreciated.
4,0
A typical day comprises of a brief meeting with my project team about day tasks and admin management of department.
Meeting with Senior Engineers and Program manager about project finances, cashflows, and progress tracking, technical issues with engineers.

Writing technical specs and solutions for various projects.

Drafting Technical Demand Requests for upcoming projects.

Meetings with Supply chain department to track procurement progress.

Field surveys and on site supervision and problem solving.

The workplace culture is that of team work and camaraderie.

I mostly enjoy developing solutions for customers.
Pros
Independent working
Cons
Long hours and tight deadlines
5,0
I have learned that this company takes a good care of people and they prefer a person to come to work wearing uniform everyday.

I also learned that their questions during interview are not as difficult as you can Imagine before the interview
3,0
Transnet is a very good company to work for.
I learned a lot about safety and responsibility during my training as a train driver.

I would recommend Transnet to anyone seeking employment.
Pros
Job security, room for growth and improvement.
Cons
Not always treated fairly by certain individuals
2,0
Typical state owned company. Badly managed. Resources hard to come by. No disipline. Basically run by unions. Assets not properly maintained. Frustrating if you wish to take pride in your job.
Pros
As a seaman I get to go home to my family everyday
Cons
Due to BEE policy I know there is no chance of advancing up the ranks
3,0
I had a good and challenging experience at transnet learning new things in addition onto my experience, particularly on E-learning and Curriculum development.
Pros
Allowance to learn and being creative and innovative
Cons
long hours of work
5,0
Working for Transnet was a prevelage for me wasn't easy at 1st I had to learn but I adapt quickly and I was able to cope and work independently I had the best team we work as one I had the best management who's willing to help and assist giving me advice,I was happy throughout my contract till the last day of my contract.
5,0
One of the greatest Soe's to work for with living salaries that they pay. They groom workers and have a lot of courses to better their workers in their jobs.
Pros
Everything about the company is good.
Cons
Do your job to the best of your ability and everything will be good
5,0
Worked under a production business and meet customers demand n maintained quality .safety for employees was not compromised .very strict on time keeping
Pros
Incentive bonises
Cons
Overtime
3,0
They are not paid according to the pay rate they are expected to be paid, there is not much capacity employees and machinery to assist with all the work
5,0
I have learned a lot .how to responsible.it was a job worth applying for.the managers really look out ,listen to employees.there is no discrimination.
Pros
Healthy environment to work at
Cons
Safety cautious
5,0
Good Benefits, money will never be enough but I love my organisation. Can't trade Transnet with any organisation. Transnet is a best employee. I will like to grow (promoted) in other operational divisions
Pros
Best company
Cons
Change of leadesrship
5,0
I was part of the Young Professionals in Training at Transnet Freight Rail and my tasks there were centred around essential reporting and marketing talents. This helped me develop communication skills and fostered a reputation as a key contributor through critical thinking and leadership skills.
Pros
Everyday came with its challangea so you learn everyday
Cons
It was a contract that couldn't be renewed because of the instability of the company
4,0
very complicated, it gets very hectic sometimes so work and family balance is very important. The work is very rewarding and getting to interact with a lot different people everyday.
3,0
the need for technical expertise is there. the are gaps in the primary operation where the presence of technical personnel can improve efficiency and productivity.

there is aging workforce, old generation under-qualified personnel in senior position.

job creation is priority , not profitability.
Pros
job security
Cons
outsourcing available skills and duties
4,0
This is a good employer considering that your job is always secure, it is a requirement to stay focused and always respond to the job needs timeously. Team work is very prevalent. Meetings and conferencing is part of their communication strategy. There are very decisive work approaches taken in there day to day communications.
Pros
Team building initiatives
Cons
daily safety briefings for office staff.
3,0
Management was not always taking opinions from the employees. There was no team work from the subordinates. The resources was poor at the work place. No team work from the other departments.
5,0
According to my opinion if Transnet can continue to create jobs because it helps slot,so continue what you are doing at end our country Will on top because of the company.