Transnet

Transnet Employee Reviews

South Africa1 132 reviews
Found 1 132 reviews matching the search
5,0
Working for Transnet was a prevelage for me wasn't easy at 1st I had to learn but I adapt quickly and I was able to cope and work independently I had the best team we work as one I had the best management who's willing to help and assist giving me advice,I was happy throughout my contract till the last day of my contract.
2,0
Typical state owned company. Badly managed. Resources hard to come by. No disipline. Basically run by unions. Assets not properly maintained. Frustrating if you wish to take pride in your job.
Pros
As a seaman I get to go home to my family everyday
Cons
Due to BEE policy I know there is no chance of advancing up the ranks
3,0
I had a good and challenging experience at transnet learning new things in addition onto my experience, particularly on E-learning and Curriculum development.
Pros
Allowance to learn and being creative and innovative
Cons
long hours of work
5,0
One of the greatest Soe's to work for with living salaries that they pay. They groom workers and have a lot of courses to better their workers in their jobs.
Pros
Everything about the company is good.
Cons
Do your job to the best of your ability and everything will be good
5,0
Worked under a production business and meet customers demand n maintained quality .safety for employees was not compromised .very strict on time keeping
Pros
Incentive bonises
Cons
Overtime
3,0
They are not paid according to the pay rate they are expected to be paid, there is not much capacity employees and machinery to assist with all the work
5,0
I have learned a lot .how to responsible.it was a job worth applying for.the managers really look out ,listen to employees.there is no discrimination.
Pros
Healthy environment to work at
Cons
Safety cautious
5,0
Good Benefits, money will never be enough but I love my organisation. Can't trade Transnet with any organisation. Transnet is a best employee. I will like to grow (promoted) in other operational divisions
Pros
Best company
Cons
Change of leadesrship
5,0
I was part of the Young Professionals in Training at Transnet Freight Rail and my tasks there were centred around essential reporting and marketing talents. This helped me develop communication skills and fostered a reputation as a key contributor through critical thinking and leadership skills.
Pros
Everyday came with its challangea so you learn everyday
Cons
It was a contract that couldn't be renewed because of the instability of the company
4,0
very complicated, it gets very hectic sometimes so work and family balance is very important. The work is very rewarding and getting to interact with a lot different people everyday.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Transnet?
3,0
the need for technical expertise is there. the are gaps in the primary operation where the presence of technical personnel can improve efficiency and productivity.

there is aging workforce, old generation under-qualified personnel in senior position.

job creation is priority , not profitability.
Pros
job security
Cons
outsourcing available skills and duties
4,0
This is a good employer considering that your job is always secure, it is a requirement to stay focused and always respond to the job needs timeously. Team work is very prevalent. Meetings and conferencing is part of their communication strategy. There are very decisive work approaches taken in there day to day communications.
Pros
Team building initiatives
Cons
daily safety briefings for office staff.
3,0
Management was not always taking opinions from the employees. There was no team work from the subordinates. The resources was poor at the work place. No team work from the other departments.
5,0
According to my opinion if Transnet can continue to create jobs because it helps slot,so continue what you are doing at end our country Will on top because of the company.
3,0
It a big company but that has not modified it processes with time, and has very good training which is reflective with how quick most faults or problems are sorted when materials are provided.
3,0
I have been struggling since I was born but i have hope that i can be the part of employees of transnet because I love work and I am a hard worker
Pros
Something that is gud
Cons
Anything
- High-professional and skilled level

- Excellent organogram structure

- Provides employment for many

- Provides great benefits
5,0
I love and enjoy working for the organization. Above all, when benchmarking, we are above almost all SOE salary wise. Transnet develops its employees. I started on the ground before I got this far.
4,0
Everything was fine besides the money issue because it was never enough to cover my needs e.g transport,toiletries and food. The other problem was the on job training issue there were not enough companies to go for an own job training
5,0
I learned working with team worker and working with different people. I learned about safety wearing Protective gears. I also learned different places.
Pros
free uniform
4,0
What i liked working at Transnet is the fact that you go early morning to work and You also Goes off Duty early.

The hardest part of the job is working wirh a team thats not serious about their job.