Transnet
4,1 out of 5 stars.

Transnet Employee Reviews

Found 1 156 reviews matching the search
Turner machinist.Worked on lathe and milling machine able to work on the tolarence of 0.01. learned how to cut and shape the peace and good finishing. I respect my colleagues and my supervisor, follow the instructions and I'm very kind and patient.
Always at work in time, make sure you wear how they want don't be moody at work take other people seriously and love your work you will enjoy the rest of your life
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Health care
Was good and perfect. Meeting and exciding the demand. Working with team. They equipped me well within the industry. And the project were all successfully using the industrial engineering techniques.
Transnet has a stronghold in team work and great work ethic among transnet employees. The company provides opportunities and programs that leverage employees skills.
Transnet is a great company to work for. There is more security for the future. They give you opportunity to study further and there is growth for the future.
Pros
Study further opportunities
Cons
Shift work
It is a nice place to work atManagement are very cooperative with their employees Good interpersonal relationships Safe work placeWorkshops and short courses unavailable for employees
Pros
Absolutely when targeted production riched
Cons
Not at all
Don't be late at job. Be patient from others and be kind. Respect each other. Wear a formal uniform, every time. Make sure you won't be absent report.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
7hours
The culture of high performance and delivering on projects that benefited the organisation made it fun to be in that environment. Transnet is a huge organisation and you get to work on new and exciting projects all the time
It really depends on each department. It's a great culture; my issue was the poor management who did not promote growth and did not give equal opportunities. It's a great company with great benefits. They need to focus on the leadership department.
Pros
13th cheque, gain sharing
Cons
No flexible hours
It was fulfilling to accomplish the work done at Transnet and would recommend anyone for the place at Transnet There is work job balance to get working at Transnet
Work-life balanceWork-life balance at Transnet is dependent upon your line managementPay & benefitsMy pay and benefits at Transnet are poorJob security and advancementIn terms of job security at Transnet, I think people are going to learn some difficult lessons at TransnetManagementIn general, managers at Transnet are of poor qualityCultureCollaboration with my colleagues at Transnet is quite goodOverallMy experience working at Transnet was an eye opener
Transnet is one of South Africa leading companies to work for , salaries are very competitive , lots of benefits and secure. They put their employees first.
Pros
13 checks, Medica aid and more
Cons
Working long hours shifts
Good working environment with safety always concidered the most important part of your job. Workers or employees suggestions always taken into consideration and put into fruition if they are relevant to company policies and mission and vision statements.
Pros
Good salary and job security and advancement
Cons
Fixed term contracts
Shutdown is a fast paced kind of work where you work for long hours. I learned everything happens to the time frame and must be done correctly. We work in teams to be more productive. The hardest part is outcast and incast. The most enjoyable part for me is the plasser machines which makes me anxious the way the operate them.
Pros
Free uniform and lunches
Cons
Training is something lacking, it's available but not orginized timeiously and some people appointed as managers raise an eyebrow. Managers are appointed then have to be trained in that position??????Discipline is also a factor that needs looking into, to many loop hole's and employees get away with murder.
Pros
Can't think of any at this stage
Cons
Bad discipline hearings, inexperienced chair people.
I work for coaches as a electrician on the motor coaches I work at Transnet koedoespoort.I'm in Cape town and would like to work for the business again.
Pros
On your birtday free lunch
Cons
No long hours and till 12 last friday of the month
They are a very good company that pays its employees very well. I worked with professional people that took me in like I'm family and taught me very important engineering skills
Pros
Bonus
Cons
I have learnt a lot within engineering and manufacturing,as I have done motor winding,motor wiring(electrically), coil manufacturing,testing,assembling,I also learnt a little bit of welding,maintanance,etc.I was well trained and taught how to be quick and I was sent to olifantsfontein trade test centre for my artisan test.
Pros
We bought food for ourselves.
Cons
Long hours yes and it's called overtime, we got extra pay for that.
Nice everyday challenges. Everyone is competitive. Healthy work environment. Healthy working culture. Safety is the key. Charismatic leaders. Great people as well
Excellent working environment Slim chances of FTC’s to be observe permanent. Celebrate employees Transnet can maybe pay for employees/ department year end functions
Typical day you have to run around and are treated like a slave.You cant learn much there for they allways need you on the job,Only certain people gets training and you need to be in there good books.Culture is good it just needs more work for all colours.Hardest part off job is you can do your best , they allways untankfull, and just say you get payed to do it.Most enjoyable part of job is , nowing you set a plant machine and equipment correct and see the production running.Nowing you can work without the guidance of a supervisor.And doing fault finding on machine systems and fix it super good.
Pros
Braai end of year and very good quality tools and equipment
Cons
Stressfull hours and if you in a overhaul in maintenance work is not epreciated.
  1. Employee Reviews