Transnet
4,1 out of 5 stars.

Transnet Employee Reviews in Cape Town, Western Cape

They are a very good company that pays its employees very well. I worked with professional people that took me in like I'm family and taught me very important engineering skills
Pros
Bonus
Cons
Working for Transnet was a prevelage for me wasn't easy at 1st I had to learn but I adapt quickly and I was able to cope and work independently I had the best team we work as one I had the best management who's willing to help and assist giving me advice,I was happy throughout my contract till the last day of my contract.
In-house training at Transnet is on another level. It is awesome workplace to work for. Transnet offered me bursary to further more my studies. Transnet offers a job security and future developments.
The most enjoyable part of the job is when u can go and work at other workshops around the company, were you learn some new things. And it is also enjoyable when working in a team.
Productive and fun environment Learned new techniques of problem solving Time management is critical to ensure the targets are met Workplace culture is Safety comes first Having to wait for requisitions to be released while customer needs the order I enjoy working with different people
The workplace is collaborative. There is an opportunity for growth. The salary is market-related and one can negotiate. There is a strong working job culture that caters for all different individuals.
Culture here isn't great Not enough support from Managers One works in they own island environment style Lack of Communication Expected to go over and above with no rewards
fun workplace, I have learned to deal with different attitudes, with supportive managers, good teamwork between colleagues, when the serious accident happened at work the situation become unpleasant, to prevent claims and achieve the target.
Expose to a many SHEQ related issues in a busy cargo handling industry. The workplace culture are pleasant and you get rewarded for hard work. The nicest thing on the job was all the training that was on offer.
It is the best to see how they toke oil from the water Transnet is the best company to work for and the heights paid rate there is no slavery be in the work every day and perform in your daily tasks
When working at Transnet, i never really felt comfortable. The people at Transnet is very helpful and caring. However myself as a perso would not work there.
Pros
Nice people to work with
Cons
Not really for younger people
the time spent here was informative. I gained experience and exposre to a business in the facilities industry. Being responsible for the 800 million rand plant and tenancy was a great task
They are so panctual and professional. Learnt how to work with diverse employees. The management liaise better with employees. The culture is so trransparent. Hardest part of the job is the strict time management and being well informed before meetings. Most fun part of the job is seeing every colleague with a smile always willing help
I am happy with the work environment.This company offers great benefits.Training and learning is very extensive. The long hours and after hours responsibility is the only drawback.
Cons
Very long hours
I will always love and respect my organization, they made me who I am today. I learned a lot, studied and grew as a person. The opportunities are endless. Transnet is indeed one of the Top Employer in the country.
Pros
Oppotunites for growth are endless
Cons
Transnet is awarding one opportunity to grow and develop academically (such as Internal and External Training, Workshops, high prestigious meetings) and one face different challenges as the processes are not the same every day.
Pros
High Quality Trainings
Cons
Stipend earnings
I am willing to get job and i am available as soon as you need me.You can contact me anytime via emai,sms,call. I am a reliable person who is taking work very serious as it is the main thing that helps my life and my family. I enjoy driving a lot, so i will be glad if i can find the job of my dream.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Where i got the love for working on engines. Not only doing engines but doing everything that makes a locomotive work and fixing it all. The breakdowns gave new look into fixing or inventing solutions
Transnet is a Dream Job to have in this day and age because of life expectancy and expenses just to survive the cost of living. For me personally...To get imployed at Transnet will be a pleasure and a great Blessing. I know and believe I can make a good impact in the forward going of Transnet.
Pros
Incentive bonuses, Job end finished
Cons
18 days of work that means 3 shifts
8-4 i was a company secretary so minutes and booking meetings was a typical for me excellent management and helpful vibrant and unique culture overbooking was the hardest part coming to work enjoyable
Pros
lunches free and pick ups by station
Cons
travelling
Transnet it's a good company they give me a decent job but they never make me be the part of them as iwish. Eve since I was under agents until I become gsk family.
  1. Cape Town, Western Cape