Transnet
4,1 out of 5 stars.

Transnet Employee Reviews in Durban, KwaZulu-Natal

Turner machinist.Worked on lathe and milling machine able to work on the tolarence of 0.01. learned how to cut and shape the peace and good finishing. I respect my colleagues and my supervisor, follow the instructions and I'm very kind and patient.
Was good and perfect. Meeting and exciding the demand. Working with team. They equipped me well within the industry. And the project were all successfully using the industrial engineering techniques.
Transnet is a great company to work for. There is more security for the future. They give you opportunity to study further and there is growth for the future.
Pros
Study further opportunities
Cons
Shift work
A typical day comprises of a brief meeting with my project team about day tasks and admin management of department. Meeting with Senior Engineers and Program manager about project finances, cashflows, and progress tracking, technical issues with engineers. Writing technical specs and solutions for various projects. Drafting Technical Demand Requests for upcoming projects. Meetings with Supply chain department to track procurement progress. Field surveys and on site supervision and problem solving. The workplace culture is that of team work and camaraderie. I mostly enjoy developing solutions for customers.
Pros
Independent working
Cons
Long hours and tight deadlines
Good Benefits, money will never be enough but I love my organisation. Can't trade Transnet with any organisation. Transnet is a best employee. I will like to grow (promoted) in other operational divisions
Pros
Best company
Cons
Change of leadesrship
This is a good employer considering that your job is always secure, it is a requirement to stay focused and always respond to the job needs timeously. Team work is very prevalent. Meetings and conferencing is part of their communication strategy. There are very decisive work approaches taken in there day to day communications.
Pros
Team building initiatives
Cons
daily safety briefings for office staff.
- High-professional and skilled level - Excellent training provided - Diversityof cultures and peope - Officials act with Integrity - Interesting industry - Always more to learn - Brilliant team of individuals - Excellent collaboration of departments - Excellent organogram structure - Provides employment for many - Provides great benefits
Learnt a lot at Transnet, had a great manager who was supportive and encouraged my development and growth. I was not micro managed yet found myself efficient and productive. I went all out proving myself and it was worth it.
Pros
Great package
Cons
Pressurized environment
Engineering team was well knit together and supported each when going gets tough. Very professional environment little or no time of playing around . Occasionally on Fridays will have a braai during lunch usually month-ends. Management on the other side not very approachable when it comes to coming with new ideas. The culture is very strict almost military style. The hardest part of the job was dealing with very bureaucratic procurement process and most enjoyable is working on dredger layups at the dry-dock away from the office. I learned that team work can make department great.
Pros
Gym equipment on site
Cons
Strict management
I had the opportunity to complete my apprenticeship with this company and learned almost all the skills needed to work in the engineering industry. The workplace culture was what discouraged me from gaining full employment and I made the leap into the private sector.
Transnet is a very big company and all of its operations is about safety, once you have a safety mindset it becomes easy working there, it is an environment runned by strict rules and a very high standard of safety your own safety and the safety of those around you, punctuality: time is the factor at Transnet from the time you report for duty making sure trains are running on times and occupatins are starting and finishing at the allocated time
My job is challenging, and exciting but the environment itself is a big deterrent in achieving my work goals and objective. There is clear set objectives set every financial year and a performance management system is in place to measure performance.
Working at Transnet help me to understand my field and the job properly as I was a learner pursuing a national diploma in electrical engineering. I gained more productive experience in each an every work I was giving to do.
Transnet teaches their employees how important their clients are ,punctuality,maintanance and always keep records also to worksafe as there are working with dangerous product that can cause fire,spillages so it very important to work under standard operations procedures
I had a very good time at Transnet the way they treat their employees. Timekeeping is most important thing they need from employee and the taught us a lit about safety at work
Working Monday to Friday Good time we started 7am to 4 If you finished early you can go You don't work Holidays if do so that's overtime Bonus every 6 months If no one injured your team have a braai It was fun
productive and welcoming environment , but mostly career growth. They also have good working ethics .its a good platform to start up your career and grow to it.
Working at Transnet has been a great experience and it should have happened even earlier The work colleagues always willing to assist one another. There's so much that can be done also to improve.
Offered opportunities for career advancement and management is very supportive and encourages proffessional growth. Available mentorship by experienced proffesionals.
Pros
Bursaries for further studies.
Cons
Fast paced environment to run CAPEX projects and deliver within time and budget.
excellent company to work for with great opportunities for growth, received SAP training and in house training great opportunity enjoyed a family orientated lifestyle in this company
Best working environment, they are willing to train you so to uplift your self and meet company target, they are employees are willing to share the knowledge
  1. Durban, KwaZulu-Natal