Transnet
4,1 out of 5 stars.

Transnet Employee Reviews in Richards Bay, KwaZulu-Natal

Transnet has a stronghold in team work and great work ethic among transnet employees. The company provides opportunities and programs that leverage employees skills.
Training is something lacking, it's available but not orginized timeiously and some people appointed as managers raise an eyebrow. Managers are appointed then have to be trained in that position??????Discipline is also a factor that needs looking into, to many loop hole's and employees get away with murder.
Pros
Can't think of any at this stage
Cons
Bad discipline hearings, inexperienced chair people.
I have been struggling since I was born but i have hope that i can be the part of employees of transnet because I love work and I am a hard worker
Pros
Something that is gud
Cons
Anything
Working for this company was quiet interesting and part of the learning curve at the same time because you face new challenges everyday. The company gives employees an opportunity to grow
Pros
The company prioritise safety and the well being of the employees.
Cons
The employees pay no passion on their duties
More challenging and nice place to work in. This is the transportation sector but with more of Automation, Mechanical and electrical involvement due that were were servicing cranes, conveyor belts and weighing scales.
I believe that my expertise and qualifications in Electrical Fitting made a valuable asset to the organisation and my credentials as a suitable candidate
Am in the finance department and gosh the worst department you can be in. and the worse place is to be micro managed . You are always times on your every move and there is no room for growth because you are reminded every 5mins that you are support. A lot of focus is on the engineering side as for the rest, they could not be bothered by anything.
typical day at work, to conduct daily maintenance on the cranes, tipplers, stackers, reclaimers, conveyor belts to do plant upgrading project and attend all breakdowns.
Pros
Study benefits
Cons
Terrible manangment
Best company ever I real miss that environment.I always remember the supports of Transnet management towards interns ,TPT is a place to grow your career.
Pros
free launch
I responsible for guiding a team of people responsible for a particular part of the operations (HR). This role predominantly focuses on ensuring the work is completed in alignment with company standards and targets and ensures we partner and align with the business's strategies as HR business partners. I give day-to-day guidance to my team and am involved in training, coaching, attracting and retaining talent,disciplining and hiring/firing activities in the business.
Pros
Involvement in cascading the business strategy to the employees
Cons
No work life balance
Working 08.00 to 16.30, however work extended hours due to work demands. Typical day includes : meetings, customer visits and engagements, emails, attending to customer issues, analyzing performance, planning and executing. I've learnt to: get things done; understand diversity; engage; teamwork; exceeding performance; issue resolution; understanding and managing organizational politics; emotional intelligence, just to name a few. The company has a tall management structure throughout the organization. The environment has enabled one to encompass situational and inclusive leadership. Challenges typical include: budgetary constraints to execute mammoth task; red tape (stringent and tedious processes); ecomonic and political factors affecting company performance; staff constraints etc.. The most rewarding aspects include: opportunities for academic advancements; exceeding performance targets; positive customer experience; customer satisfaction; volume & revenue growth; reward & recognition; positive stakeholder feedback, travelling and meeting people, continuous learning of the customers business.
Pros
Subsidiesed meals and transport; gym and clinic facilities onsite, annual bonus, 13th cheque; Employee wellness programmes
Cons
Long hours, unflexible working conditions, under staffed
Summary of meteriality and boundary to Approach maintain and review policy development through the Company. the work place must be safe for workers and workers must do their work affectivelly, show co-operation with each other. in order to make progress in the Company and increase Company's Products.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
Transnet is one of the biggest company in South Africa. For me to get an opportunity to work for such an incredible company is something I will always treasure. I learned how to work as team while you are under pressure to complete a given task
The problem i had experienced was that there was no proper equipment for the tasks at hand and no equipment were bought in order to do our tasks.The corruption and theft was too much for me,as i am a very honest individual.I believe i am part of the group that wants to build up a company in order to leave a legacy for the next generation
Pros
They do give training, but on a very low standard
Cons
bad management, corruption and theft
This is a very nice company to work for. I have learned everything about train movements and systems used to move them. The management takes safety of workers seriously. Respecting one another as workers is encouraged in this company, irrespective of ones age and position. The hardest part of signalling is to make sure of everything you do as its one of the most critical jobs you will find and that you have to work in all weather conditions as train movements depend on it. Signalling is enjoyable because you always learn as signalling changes from time to time.
Pros
Flexible weekly hours
Cons
Working over holidays.
I am currently working as Electrical and Instrumentation engineer. my main roles is to execute the maintenance and ensure proper planning. projects upgrade, planning, implementation and execution.
Management of CAPEX Programme. There a lot to be learned and the scope is very wide. Challenging environment. Workplace culture is very diverse. Work-life balance is a challenge.
It is a good place to work but it is a government entity decision making is a bit slower and technology takes time to be implemented but as I said its OK.
Pros
Free food and transport
Cons
Low medical company contributions & very dusty environment.
My daily work include daily Job planning. Attending of meetings which include progress meetings and site meetings. Inductions of new employees and contractors. Site Visits on routine basis. Approval of Safety Files. Developing of Specifications
Pros
Travelling
Cons
No overtime
There is resistance to change and business affected by level of corruptions and miss-management of funds. Level of trust is very low and most of the staff are not semi-skilled labour or no qualification at all.
more challenges and free to learn as much as you can to machine, for work balance, safety of the company is the number one priority for all working employees
Pros
bonus
Cons
long hours but simple job
  1. Richards Bay, KwaZulu-Natal