TransUnion

TransUnion Employee Reviews

South Africa35 reviews
4,0
Great company, you will need to bring your a-game. It is a high paced workplace and provides ample learning oppertunities. The promotion process is a tat on the slow side.
3,0
The campaign was awesome..management was has on.
The process on the campaign wasnt working and the client was very demanding when it was for info based on performance as all the info was provided on the Monday for the previous weeks performance.
5,0
I enjoyed myself at TransUnion, management was professional, employees will interact well with each other and if you are new they will make you feel at home.
Pros
Participating in music
Cons
If you do not meet your target every month you will get a warning
5,0
Extremely fast paced work environment, where the only constant is change, typical of the IT and information sector. I oversee the finance department of more than 20 dynamic individuals who are all account professionals, where we thrive to improve consistently and push for the boundaries of conventional finance teams. The hardest part of my job is fighting against system constraints. The most enjoyable part has been implementing automated work streams.
Pros
Amount of opportunities.
Cons
Long hours and training an entire new team.
3,0
I had a great manager at Transunion, that always fought for his team, it has been a pleasure to work with him, as he always had his staff best interest at heart.
Pros
Free lunch from Manager
5,0
The work environment at TransUnion is awesome. The culture, the people. One of my reason for leaving was that I needed growth and had to seek new adventures. My main reason for leaving was that they were not being transparent with the retrenchments so it was not a good feeling of not knowing where you stand.
Pros
Salary benefits, lunch, social hours, fun people
Cons
No transparency, favoritism
2,0
Verifying Cheque payments

just to deal with all queries and make sure everything runs smoothly and ensure the work is done correctly

the hardest part was dealing with difficult clients

the most enjoyable part was talking to different people or characters each day
Pros
no pros
Cons
difficult clients- cold calling is terrible
Official response from TransUnion
6 November 2018
Thank you for sharing your review – TransUnion values your feedback.
4,0
Career progression is important to not only staff but management too.

Work life balance is offered

Great remuneration packages

Good working culture
Official response from TransUnion
31 August 2018
Thank you for sharing your positive outlook during your time at TU!
3,0
I'd Begin my Shift in The Mornings which alternate on weekly basis.Once at my Workstation I would the Log on to my System & Dial-er(Avaya) then await any Incoming Calls in Queue(Inbound).If there weren't Any Incoming Calls I Would the Utalise my time by Checking My Calender & Notepad for Arranged Call Backs set to Finalise Peding Sales arrangements(Ooutbound)

Working at The Credit Bureau was an Educational & Informative Experiance as I Learnt How To identify & Deal with Consumer Problems,Enquiries timely and sufficiently.

Learnt How to Keep Control Of The Call Especially When Dealing With Irate Consumers.

Management could be Improved more especially on the Communication side of things between Agents-Team Leaders.

Worlplace Culture-Rated-5/10

Hardest part Of The Job was The High Call Volumes & Having to Stick to The Average Handling Time of 5min,which was never easy as no Inbound Call From Consumers were Never The Same as Some Calls were Disputes,General Queries,Service Call & Sales Calls.

The Most Enjoyable Part Of The Job was being able to Resolve & Assist a Consumer with whatever issue they had and turing that into a Sales Call as well as Winning Incentives that were Put Out and moking Commission.
Pros
Incentives & Comm
Cons
Rotating Weekly Shifts
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at TransUnion?
5,0
Merchants Trans Union is a good company to work for. The management is friendly and very supportive. The office energy and atmosphere is great and inspires staff to perform to the greatest of their ability.
Pros
Friendly environment
4,0
Transunion is a very nice to be a home away from home. I learned a lot from different people as you interact both with internal and external stakeholders. Life is good at Transunion.
Pros
Free Friday Drinks
Cons
long Hrs but worth it
4,0
Screening all calls, diary management, taking down of minutes, typing minutes, compiling monthly reports, for CEO, compiling power point presentations, arranging team buildings, setting up for meetings, booking all travel arrangements (accommodation and air tickets), I loved the people, this was home for me, Iloved interacting with various people all over the world and the challenge and the demands it came with was most enjoyable. I loved planning meetings, taking minutes.
Pros
Incentives, days off
5,0
Resolving client queries, fixing bugs, writing new programs.
Advanced Natural programming, team work, testing.

Management is supportive, communicating company strategy.

I'm a team member, work cordially with other team members. Sharing knowledge, synergy.

Resolving client queries. Introducing new products on the system
3,0
Great environment dealing with EXCO members provide a broader view of the key operational and business drivers, with focus been placed on training it afford one to better contribute to the bottom line. Working with sales personnel required building automated reporting that simplified complex revenue reporting, I developed and innovated key process.

I enjoyed the opportunity my role gave me of engaging with different stakeholders within the business, that strengthened my skill of working within a team. The job has a lot of dependences which used to get to me but I overcame it by having my own deadlines and communicating them with my key stakeholders.

My co-workers are very dedicated team players willing to assist whenever help is needed and that’s one thing that propelled my adaption to the role and hitting the ground running, I am very analytical and process driven hence the team effort is critical for the success of the business.
4,0
The working environment is exceptional and job work and life balance it is very well. The ceo is the good as he does provide entertainment for us every month end. We deal with credit reports and to assist consumers on how they need to build their credit score. We are a very strong team with the other colleagues as there are different departments. I have learnt on how to conduct my accounts on a monthly basis and I have leant to interact with different people speaking different languages.
Pros
free lunch on occasions
Cons
we working 8 hours max
2,0
Busy with emails, payments, and approving invoices. Learned a new system, PeopleSoft. great co-workers. Communication delay from management. support limited.
Pros
canteen
Cons
long turnaround when staff leave
4,0
always busy and kept motivated. I've learned to work as part of the team. Management encourages energy and healthy competition. Co workers are reliable and take ownership of their work.
4,0
Great company which offers staff opportunity for personal growth and development. Business going through change which is well managed by leaders. Fun, exciting, the business provides for space to innovate and to deliver enhanced value propositions to their market. Solutions orientated with a strong dose of accountability, it certainly is a business which contributes to the greater economic environment by managing and mitigating risk.
Pros
Open leadership, structure, protocol, compliance, canteen
Cons
Speed of decision making
4,0
Get to work in the Morning...
It has Friendly Employees that are willing to help with anything. Nice working environment.

You can grow within the company.

It has Nice benefits.

Package is Good.

it feels like Home except at work.

Management is great and professional.
Pros
Canteen which Sells Great Food, Coffee Bar. we Social Hour once a Month which has Free drinks and Food
Cons
Long Hours... Work Under Pressure all the Time.
4,0
Taking my tea to the desk and start on my queue for the day . Updating according to the dispute , working with a strong tight team and reached our targets for each and everyday with he help of our management . We had long queues that required us to be there in weekends and we has a lot of social hours in between .
Pros
social hour/team building / spa
Cons
Long queues means long hours and weekends
5,0
It is very nice working for transunion, there are many opportunities and im able to learn new things every day, and we are also given time to explore on different things.
Pros
once in a month there is a social party
Cons
working on saturdays once a month