TransUnion

TransUnion Employee Reviews in Johannesburg, Gauteng

I had a great manager at Transunion, that always fought for his team, it has been a pleasure to work with him, as he always had his staff best interest at heart.
Pros
Free lunch from Manager
I enjoyed myself at TransUnion, management was professional, employees will interact well with each other and if you are new they will make you feel at home.
Pros
Participating in music
Cons
If you do not meet your target every month you will get a warning
Extremely fast paced work environment, where the only constant is change, typical of the IT and information sector. I oversee the finance department of more than 20 dynamic individuals who are all account professionals, where we thrive to improve consistently and push for the boundaries of conventional finance teams. The hardest part of my job is fighting against system constraints. The most enjoyable part has been implementing automated work streams.
Pros
Amount of opportunities.
Cons
Long hours and training an entire new team.
Verifying Cheque payments just to deal with all queries and make sure everything runs smoothly and ensure the work is done correctly the hardest part was dealing with difficult clients the most enjoyable part was talking to different people or characters each day
Pros
no pros
Cons
difficult clients- cold calling is terrible
Official response from TransUnion
6 November 2018
Thank you for sharing your review – TransUnion values your feedback.
I'd Begin my Shift in The Mornings which alternate on weekly basis.Once at my Workstation I would the Log on to my System & Dial-er(Avaya) then await any Incoming Calls in Queue(Inbound).If there weren't Any Incoming Calls I Would the Utalise my time by Checking My Calender & Notepad for Arranged Call Backs set to Finalise Peding Sales arrangements(Ooutbound) Working at The Credit Bureau was an Educational & Informative Experiance as I Learnt How To identify & Deal with Consumer Problems,Enquiries timely and sufficiently. Learnt How to Keep Control Of The Call Especially When Dealing With Irate Consumers. Management could be Improved more especially on the Communication side of things between Agents-Team Leaders. Worlplace Culture-Rated-5/10 Hardest part Of The Job was The High Call Volumes & Having to Stick to The Average Handling Time of 5min,which was never easy as no Inbound Call From Consumers were Never The Same as Some Calls were Disputes,General Queries,Service Call & Sales Calls. The Most Enjoyable Part Of The Job was being able to Resolve & Assist a Consumer with whatever issue they had and turing that into a Sales Call as well as Winning Incentives that were Put Out and moking Commission.
Pros
Incentives & Comm
Cons
Rotating Weekly Shifts
Merchants Trans Union is a good company to work for. The management is friendly and very supportive. The office energy and atmosphere is great and inspires staff to perform to the greatest of their ability.
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
Great environment dealing with EXCO members provide a broader view of the key operational and business drivers, with focus been placed on training it afford one to better contribute to the bottom line. Working with sales personnel required building automated reporting that simplified complex revenue reporting, I developed and innovated key process. I enjoyed the opportunity my role gave me of engaging with different stakeholders within the business, that strengthened my skill of working within a team. The job has a lot of dependences which used to get to me but I overcame it by having my own deadlines and communicating them with my key stakeholders. My co-workers are very dedicated team players willing to assist whenever help is needed and that’s one thing that propelled my adaption to the role and hitting the ground running, I am very analytical and process driven hence the team effort is critical for the success of the business.
The working environment is exceptional and job work and life balance it is very well. The ceo is the good as he does provide entertainment for us every month end. We deal with credit reports and to assist consumers on how they need to build their credit score. We are a very strong team with the other colleagues as there are different departments. I have learnt on how to conduct my accounts on a monthly basis and I have leant to interact with different people speaking different languages.
Pros
free lunch on occasions
Cons
we working 8 hours max
always busy and kept motivated. I've learned to work as part of the team. Management encourages energy and healthy competition. Co workers are reliable and take ownership of their work.
Taking my tea to the desk and start on my queue for the day . Updating according to the dispute , working with a strong tight team and reached our targets for each and everyday with he help of our management . We had long queues that required us to be there in weekends and we has a lot of social hours in between .
Pros
social hour/team building / spa
Cons
Long queues means long hours and weekends
It is very nice working for transunion, there are many opportunities and im able to learn new things every day, and we are also given time to explore on different things.
Pros
once in a month there is a social party
Cons
working on saturdays once a month
I have learned a lot from this job. In terms of adherence and working under pressure. My professionalism in the workplace has really improved since I have joined this great organisation. The organisation takes care of its employees.
Pros
They take of their employees, we get free jackets for winter, cups and we have monthly socials
Cons
Worl pressure
Typical day at work will be like when I am not informed about certain things that I should have known about And if I knew I did not do something that I should have done long time I get very disturbed I learned to adjust to change very quickly I learned to be self discipline to be self driven to think on my feet
Pros
free muffins
Cons
stressfull
In my 10 years at TransUnion I have worked my way up from the IT service desk into the role of Director of product development, looking after the entire product suite of the Auto division (R90M business division). I have been instrumental in the development of a converged product strategy that consolidated across 3 distinctly different product sets (Valuations, Verifications, and Management Applications). From an academic standpoint, I have recently completed my MBA at the Gordon Institute of Business Science (GIBS). I am extremely effective and accountable in high performing results driven roles. I have overcome complex business challenges and have made high stakes decisions utilizing data driven analysis and experience backed judgment. I have a strong work ethic that is backed by irreproachable integrity. I have a tendency to thrive in dynamic and fluid environments while remaining pragmatic and focused. I have a consistent record of delivering extraordinary results in growth and operational performance through challenging business cycles. I have a deep knowledge of information based decision solutions that range from the conceptualization phase, through to the business case, followed by go to market planning and implementation phases. I am driven through a need to create value through innovation which can be seen through the various product strategies and turnarounds that I have implemented. In 2012 I grew revenues of the TradeXchange platform by 400% and in 2014 grew revenues of 1Check by 3000%. I have a strong orientation towards solution sales, product development - more...
It was productive and fun workplace with lots of pressure as we were time oriented. I have learn a lot in terms of customer service and went to many training programs regarding the new credit act and just a lot regarding the credit bureaus at large. Management interacted with the staff and constant feedback about your weaknesses and strong points and area of concerns. Colleagues helpful and easy to talk to. The hardest part of the job is when you struggle to get hold of relevant person who can assist with what is needed to compile a report. And lastly i enjoyed when there are incentive program to pat in the back those who are doing their job properly.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
It was a fun place to work for. The style of management was fantastic
Pros
Excellent service = incetives
Cons
Working long hours
- Call assessment and coaching on a daily bases. Also provide training to new recruits and tenure staff. - I learnt to be assertive, analytical and observant. - Worked well with management. - The hardest part of the job is experience system problems with sets back on work schedule and creates pressure. - The most enjoyable part of the job is getting good results and quality standards improving.
Pros
Team building
Cons
System failures
i really enjoy my job as in Transunion you learn new things on a daily basis. i love working with people as they will make your enjoy your day at work.with managment is about working smart making sure clients are happy and do your job to the best of your ability.If transunion can send me to a new province as i need a fresh start i will work for them.
At work, i experience lot of pressure and its target driven. also quality is very important. i have learned how to deal with pressure that how to communicate with client's efficiently. i enjoy with working with my co-workers because we always share information and we have a mutual goal which is to produce the best quality. i enjoy interacting with clients and making sure that the client's expectations are always met.
Transunion is one of the biggest companies world wide because it deals with sensitive data.It houses all the credit information of consumers and supplies it to governments;retailers and all companies that gives crdits to individuals. I have learnt a lot from my colleagues and the management .The hardest part of the job was when attorneys requires that we clear their clients profile immediately because we have procedures to follow before clearing their names off the system .The most enjoyable part is when you give them the positive feedback .
Pros
lunches, tea break and ;team buildings
Cons
long hours, sometimes we had to work overtime during weekends