Truworths

Truworths Employee Reviews

South Africa495 reviews

3,3Work-Life Balance

Fun workplace

Long hours but relaxed environment. Opportunities to grow in environment. Environment depends on management at site. Bonuses are available. Great for entry level

Exciting work environment. Great service delivery. Excellent service

It is a very professional place to work at. You look very neat and tidy and aim to deliver excellent customer service. It is a very awesome place to work at. Your clients is super awesome to work with if u do a job well done. Innovation. Speedy delivery on all customer request. Being apart of truworths there's alot of opportunities and alot of room to grow in the company.

Pros

Tea break and lunch

Cons

Extra hours

Challenging but fun and creativity allowed

It has alot of working opportunities, you given a chance to learn different tasks given each and everyday and once you show which tasks you are good at you will be placed in that workstation or department for a period until you choose to change

Exciting and competitive environment to work at

I would encourage those who love retail and fashion to join Truworths Company..it is an exciting fast driven environment and it's very competitive. .passion is all that u need to have

Ideal for matriculants

very professional and stable. As long as you work effectively and efficiently the company will always stay true to it's contractual obligations and loyalty might lead in growth within the company.

Very busy place of work, prepare to be on your feet all day

Long working hours, you’re on your feet for at least 8 hours. Management wasn’t the best. The pay wasn’t good too. Customers are customers , some days are better than others. They put you through the correct process of training.

Stressful and demanding however it depends who is your area manager.

The company doesn't take flex-timers seriously like they would with the permanent staff, and flexis are the ones who work they butt off. And they make you feel that you are not a perm. The company doesn't mind to pay a person R500,how will one survive from that and they expect you to come to work with that money. they will tell you that the are no hours or the company its not making money but they contract we signed its the opposite of whats happening in that company.

Pros

Incentives

Cons

Less hours

Productive and fun place

Improves your communication skills, problem solving and dealing with different kinds of people on a daily bases. Its a fun environment to work in and working with different people helps one to grow and be more alert about life in general.

Pros

Free lunches

Productive and fun

The company was good, but the salary was bad at the time.Loved the canteen as u could buy lunch on your access card. The job was good and the people was awesome

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

Little salary

Productive and fun workplace

It's okay to work there, you have to work hard to earn extra. Work 6 days to earn good money if you're a flexi. When you're permanent, you get every other weekend off.

Pros

Great team building experience

Cons

Great staff and interaction with customers

I worked in a store as a casual/flexi. As a flexi you do shift work and can range from different times depending on the schedule. The work itself was not much of a challenge but everyday something new could be learnt. The main downside was that you hardly get weekends of as a flexi unless asked for or in cases of emergency.Leave days were good, lunches were good, team building was proper and Christmas gifting as well. Alexander forbes retirement scheme was also included as a flexi and other few added benefits. Permanent employees have better hours and benefits.Overall wasn't a bad experience, however the way in which management co-ordinated and delegated tasks and functions could have been better.

Pros

Christmas gifting by the company

Cons

Long hours, Working almost every weekend.

I like to joking

I love my work i love people like you say sorry if did something wrong tell working make plan if something wrong tell management about that wrong hard work

Pros

1hours

Cons

1 hours

Productive and peaceful

It was a nice company with productive and team workers.Workers are enthusiastic and they have a good customer service and they are very passionate.

Pros

Free lunches

Stable, happy culture

Stable, happy culture. When we worked, we were serious, but excited about our goals. We had lots of launches from the garment industry and the marketing launches of Truworths which was fun!

Productive high level of professionalism and fun to work there

Productive, high level of professionalism, you grow as an individual and become a better person, it's fun to work there, I don't regret that I ever work at Truworths, yes there will always be issues in any company, such as meeting people where you don't see eye to eye but at the end of the day you focus on what brought you there, and focus on growing yourself

Pros

No free lunches

Cons

Flexible hours

Exciting and fun

No balance between work and lifestyle. Team and management are so amazing. Lastly you have to stay on your toes to reach expectations! Very exciting..

Cold and stiff

Was a terrible environment to work in . The manager was awful , rude and pretentious . The store also refuses to put up cameras and sensors and blames staff for what gets stolen because of their poor preparation and will make employees sign written warnings for their short falls.

Cons

It is a good feeling working at truworths you just need to be alert, active/enthusiasm, committed and willing to learn and work as a team. I learned a lot from truworths especially when it comes to customer service it's very important though I feel the company should be more considerate for flexy workers salary and when giving permanent post. People work 10 years without being promoted it is frustrating

Pros

Free lunches and incentives

Cons

Being flexy worker for a long time

Challenging, grooming and fun work place

I've learned how to work with people and understanding the retail department. To work under pressure by multi tasking while the store its busy. To earn incentives by opening accounts for customers. Learning more about on how to place shoes on it's deaprtment. I enjoyed doing stock taking and even to team work so that our work doesn't delay. Learning to help customers when looking for outfits. At cash desk, I've learned how to sell,payment of a customer's account,exchange, returns,damages,placing an order and updating customers information on the system. I've learned how to do dropping off money. Keeping my employment number to myself. Tp always be humble and vigilant.

Pros

Incentives

Cons

Medium and short hours

Stressful environment with no support from management.

Instead of management supporting you, they tend to bring you down. Opportunities for growth are at a minimum. When you're consistent and work hard, you still don't feel noticed. The moment you want to leave, they open up their eyes.

Pros

Clients were the best part of the job.

Cons

Long hours. No work/life balance.

Productive and learning

It is nice to work for this company, you learn alot which helps you to become an expert of any job description. But if you're not permanent like me the money is too low.

Pros

Free tea

Cons

Short hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Truworths. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3,3 out of 5 stars for Work/Life Balance