Truworths

Truworths Culture reviews

South Africa484 reviews

Clear

Cross trained sales consultant

Nice work environment, store manager are very strict as they need to guard against stock loss. If you want to grow, you need to drive your own development, the stores generally have a lot of politics between employees however you just need to turn a blind eye and you will be perfectly fine.

Pros

Over-time was good

Stable, happy culture

Stable, happy culture. When we worked, we were serious, but excited about our goals. We had lots of launches from the garment industry and the marketing launches of Truworths which was fun!

Fun and educational place to work at.

My experience at Truworths was expectional, it was fun enjoyable working environment where I learned about self decipline, punctuality and working as a team. If I were to be called back to work there again I would gladly go back.

Great place to work at

There is a culture we follow, team work, policies and procedures we follow, training for each and every 1 involved, they believe in building people 's career within the organization

Pros

Dress code discounr

innovative, fun and exciting

Handling a difficult customerThe most enjoyable part is that I loved working with people, being part of the team, helping and interacting with internal and external customers

Pros

Medical Aid

Productive workplace

Truworths is a very competitive company, you must always be prepare to work flexible hours. I help with customer service in store and having technical skills as a visual machandiser he's as well.

Productive but very tiring workplace.

Truworths is a very busy place to work in depending on the area, the staff members are very nice but when it comes to paying entree level candidates or visual merchandisers they are exploited.

Fun Workplace

I enjoyed my time as an employee at the company, my colleagues were friendly and supportive during my time, I also enjoyed the companies reporting and management style.

cool and relaxed place

coolest place, staff and management work together to achieved sales and in helping customers, the goal always focused on customers need as they are the pillar o the business

working with sales

it is a day by day work and i have learned a lot , things like house keeping, banking, machandise and stock take. and the management is good and the workplace culture is very good and hardest part about the job is when you are given less hours to work for the whole week and the most ejoyable part is when you are writing couses set for promotions.

It was fair

It’s good place to understand different people with different needs. Learning about different ways of dealing with people and learning about making service delivery your first priority.

Customer is always right

Customer is always right. This sounds stupid and unfair, but if you wanna succeed in retail you better start believing in this say. Keep a smile in your face at all time, try greeting all customers. Never argue with a customer regardless of who right or wrong, because customer is always right. Read magazines and regularly visit other competitive stores to keep yourself updated with latest fashion and trends

It was a great place to work and I would recommend it to everyone, I had a great time and great years at Truworths

Truworths was by far the best work experience I had ever experienced and if I were o be given a chance I would return there in heartbeat.. the management is cool, the building is cool, the vi e is cool yet productive and every one is your family. I would recommend this place to everyone. Great place to work for.

I didn't like the environment at all.

System were a bit outdated. It was difficult for me to adapt to the culture and outdated systems. weekends and late night stock-takes were very tiring.

Very busy month end

Truworths is a very busy store you must be able to handle the pressure and have heart of working with people be able to work as a team and always be energetic when coming to work.

Fun and Nice environment

Good incentives for accounts, weekly and monthly targets. Very friendly and supportive team, Training's and staff meetings for everyone. Compliment cards for staff members from customers

Pros

Good incentives

Cons

Pressure on accoounts

Very good company to work on

I am good at what I do especially when it comes to my job,I have much respect for people I welling to learn as is part of growth. I like to work both individual and team work. I'm very polite and open minded.

Corporate is as corporate does

If you want to be a worker bee who is not allowed to be an individual then this is the place for you. The business clock watches your every move. The culture is poor as people gossip and talk behind your back and if you not gossiping then you are a target.

Pros

In a building

Cons

Don't trust staff, old school corporate, verkramp.

Workplace and Management

Truworths' work place is by far the best as the people who works there are very helpful and very much kind. They teach you different skills and experience. The management is helping towards in bettering you as an individual

Dynamic innovative and fun place to work

Every single day was a challenge Very detailed and specific goals and budgets to achieve with rewards when these are met. Not necessarily financial rewards but recognition Excellent training and support always provided

counter productive

Displaying items Serving customers Dealing with any queries or complaints Advising customers on their purchases Ordering, managing and taking out stock Helping with promotions

Pros

work culture

Cons

everything else

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Truworths. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Truworths