Truworths

Truworths Job Security & Advancement reviews

South Africa484 reviews

Clear
3.3Job Security & Advancement

Great beginner phase employment. Branches differ

My experience at truworths was amazing I got to work with people from different backgrounds and of different age groups. I learnt a lot about myself because that is where I discovered my attention for detail since it was my first job. I also gained experience from patient co-workers who were willing to teach me about my work everyday but unfortunately that was not consistent and there was a lot of shifting in positions and mostly management and there was really a lack of follow-ups on employee's progression. Towards the end of my work career there was a lot of inconvenience, deadlines not met, work kept growing for the same people all the time. Overall my experience at truworths was unforgettable because I met and assisted and advised people everyday on fashion, which I loved.

Pros

They understood me

Cons

Time management skills

Stable, happy culture

Stable, happy culture. When we worked, we were serious, but excited about our goals. We had lots of launches from the garment industry and the marketing launches of Truworths which was fun!

Productive and learning

It is nice to work for this company, you learn alot which helps you to become an expert of any job description. But if you're not permanent like me the money is too low.

Pros

Free tea

Cons

Short hours

Fun and educational place to work at.

My experience at Truworths was expectional, it was fun enjoyable working environment where I learned about self decipline, punctuality and working as a team. If I were to be called back to work there again I would gladly go back.

Great place to work at

There is a culture we follow, team work, policies and procedures we follow, training for each and every 1 involved, they believe in building people 's career within the organization

Pros

Dress code discounr

Cons

It was fun working there

You will have many opportunity to learn more about retail industry ,because we do lot of trainings every week, and do merchandise based principles on store openings thats were we got experience

Pros

1 hour lunch

Cons

8 working hours

Productive workplace

Working at Truworths made me learn alot because I started the as a Flexi timer. I had to do modules in order for me to go up, up until i was an Assistant manager.As an assistant I got to schedule shifts, made sure the store is ran smoothly when the manager is not around. Thank You

Pros

Medical aid

Cons

Bonus

It was quite a busy work place but fun at the same time

I loved working for the company, that's where my love for makeup grew stronger, they had cosmetic counters being a flexi helped alot because I was un different departments, which allowed me to learn quite a lot of things

Excellent training

They take too long to make their casual permanent,while they have too much experience. But all in all I gain so much experience working for the company.

Pros

Xmas party

Cons

Golden goose & public holiday overtime

Great company to work for

They are the most upmarket and professional retailer I ever came across.They constantly train their staff and they never do retrenchment.Great company to work for.

Pros

Constant training provided

Cons

Can be tiring at times

Very productive and competent

Best company to gain experience in, you learn everyday they also provide learning materials for personal development purposes.More importantly Truworths is big brand that allows its employees to grow within the business and open to more opportunities.

Pros

Be flexible

Cons

Non

productive

Its a good organization.U learn a lot.u learn how to deal with difficult customers,the complaints,quiries.U learn how to handle them.U learn to give good Customer service.

Pros

long lunch

Cons

A very productive and good environment

The truworths company is very good company i would recommend any one to apply for a truworths position. The most amazing experience iv ever had it been a great journey with them as a team.

Sale assistant position

I would say to work in a work place is to gain access to the internet and phone and to learn more about the position and would say that lot of people would learn more from the work place and even the team as well and gain access at all the time

Pros

Na

Cons

Na

motivating & productive

It was productive & exciting to work for Truworths.Very innovative & motivating.Learning a lot everyday & very challenging at times but encouraging me

Pros

incentives every 6 months

Cons

reasonable working hours

Great

I learned a lot from the job from being professional to understanding people it is very good for starting plus you can climb the leader in the company if you want

Productive but stressful

The only way to be safe at Truworths is when you are a permanent, and it can even take a year or a year and a half for you to be offered a permanent position

Pros

Incentivea

Cons

Sometimes there are no enough hours and it is no work no pay

Flexi timers

In our area (burgersfort) flexi timers are not treated the same. There's lot of favourism when it comes to who must work enough hours. If the management has personal issues with you, you can work 15 hours per week. Perm posts also has eyes.

Good place to work in"

Started as flexi timer getting paid weekly n full time then store merchandiser for a small period of time then ended up being a window dresser" it's a very good campany there's growth"

Working in retail is way more complicated than it seems

Working for Truworths has taught me a lot of things such as how a business operates and what is needed to be done to get maximum profits. Working in a small store helps me learn a lot more about customer service and how I can make their experience more appealing. It has helped me accumulate new skills that I can use in other working environments.

Productive workplace

Truworths is a very competitive company, you must always be prepare to work flexible hours. I help with customer service in store and having technical skills as a visual machandiser he's as well.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Truworths. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Truworths