Tutor Doctor

Tutor Doctor Employee Reviews

Good for flexible hours

The team is very dynamic. I wanted a flexible schedule, working from home. I get more exposure to clients through their site. Online tutoring is absolutely a plus for me, because I can do what I love with flexible hours.

Pros

Bigger client base

Cons

Income fluctuates

Great company

Very supportive work culture.Great students to work with and help achieve higher grades. Was always lovely to have new students and to be able to use new approaches to teaching the same curriculum.

Amazing company to work for.

I have been working for Tutor Doctor Ottawa since May 2021. I can see myself working with them long term. The owner is kind, caring and professional. I feel supported as tutor and can always talk to him if I have questions, ideas or concerns. The hours are great because I can pick my own availability to tutor. The overall values and mandate focus of student growth and success. Tutor Doctor Ottawa wants to help students and families improve their way of learning. This is a beautiful company with a beautiful team.

Pros

Unique student-tutor matching process, $20-25/hour, Independant contractor so your pay isn't taxed, Pick your own hours

Everything Great

Nothing Bad here at tutor doctor. great company with great mission and purpose. amazing support and developmental programs. Overall, best tutoring company out there

Good, if you're looking for a little extra $

The Tutor Doctor franchise owner where I work is very hands on and great to work for. She truly wants you and the students you tutor to be satisfied with tutoring services. I've had nice students during my time at Tutor Doctor, and I enjoy the autonomy. That said, I am not compensated for prepping lesson materials (which isn't always necessary - depends on the subject/student), for driving to and from the tutoring site (the student's home, a library, or a restaurant), and for summarizing my tutoring sessions in the Tutor Doctor online system (which doesn't take too long, but essentially I'm providing free labor when I do this). I am also paid as an Independent Contractor/1099 Employee. Therefore, taking into account all of the aforementioned issues, I am not making much above minimum wage, if that. This doesn't sit well with me since I have a college degree and I am a certified teacher.

Pros

Great franchise owner where I work, nice students

Cons

Pay

A well organised service

A thorough interview and selection process. A stress free tutoring experience, highly efficient and well organised systems and structure, which makes tutoring an absolute pleasure. Very supportive organisation and plenty of opportunities. I definitely recommend working for Tutor Doctor.

Pros

Remote teaching

Great

Tutor Doctor has been a lifesaver for me. The owner is fantastic and does a great job of pairing me up with my students. The owner is easy to work for and I LOVE working for Tutor Doctor!

Pros

set my own schedule

Cons

money

Good company

Nice to work for. Responsive to my needs with nice families to work for. They put me with a 6th grade girl and I basically helped her complete her homework with an English emphasis.

Pros

Flexible hours

Cons

Could pay more

Flexible, Easy, and Fun. Depends on franchise owner

Your job will very much depend on your franchise owner and students. Personally, I like our franchise owner. So far, I’ve only been placed with 7 families but all of them have been great.

Pros

Not 1099 work, flexible, don’t have to seek out students

Cons

Less pay than independent tutoring, can’t choose families

Great place to work part time

Good management and flexibilityI have worked for Tutor Doctor for almost 5 years and have enjoyed the flexibility and extra income it has provided me with. Fair and kind management.

Pros

Flexibility

Cons

Tutoring rates

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Tutor Doctor?

Flexible work schedule, available, open, and honest communication

Management returns calls promptly and makes great effort to make sure tutors have what is needed to confidently provide services for students. Ask and listens to tutor recommendations.

Pros

open, honest communication

Cons

May want to consider compensation for session preparation and/or materials purchased by tutors

Great Opportunity for Teachers

Great opportunity for retired teachers• former teachers•stay-at-home teacher moms/dads• teachers looking for additional income or summer income. Make a difference one student at a time, one family at a time! Great flexibility! Work as much or as little as you choose! Part-time or Full-Time! Accept only client contracts you want; set your own schedule, travel radius, subject matter. Meet & work with great families who need and appreciate you! Teachers use/create materials; nothing dictated from company. During school year, most students have homework / assignments or skills to work on, but I always have something ready. Tutor Doctor sources & vetts clients, conducts assessments, handles payments, & the very rare issue/conflict. You show up & teach, then complete online report for each session within 48 hours.

Pros

Flexibility, Instructional Control, Low Stress, Making a difference, Good pay

Cons

Really none, lots of clients want same hours (3-6), drive times can limit number of clients you can take, may have to purchase teaching materials, no benefits (but it's a contract job so normal), cost of gas

Flexible and fun

Happy with the flexibility that I have working as a tutor at Tutor Doctor. The online portal and organization is current and modern. Happy to have a platform that allows me to do all submissions of my sessions online. And happy that I am still able to continue with teaching during this pandemic online. The support is phenomenal from management and the experience overall is great.

Enjoyable

Tutor Doctor Central Coast has been very responsive to any questions I have asked or support needed. I enjoyed working with the families on working out times and days that suit us both, and the students have been amazing!I highly recommend Tutor Doctor as an employer, especially for the experience in the diverse learning needs of children.

Pros

Plan your time

Cons

Travel

Great management and great environment

The management is super supportive and answers your calls and emails right away. There is always new clients that need tutors so there is never a moment with not enough work. The management understands and support tutors when they have questions or issues with their students. The only down side is there is not a lot of recourses for lesson planning or learning teaching techniques so you will have to prepare and research on your own.

Pros

responsive management

Cons

no tools provided

Flexibility and Independence

This is a great company to work for if you are looking to pick up a few hours here and there. You set your own schedule with your clients so it is easy to fit into your schedule. There is also ample opportunity to tutor virtually if that is what works best for you. Additionally, there is a streamlined test prep service that makes it easy to help students with test prep. They get homework and tutelage from you to help them score better on their ACT and SAT tests. Finally, the non-test prep tutoring is very independent. You can identify the students needs and work autonomously to help them gain those skills that they are needing. The managers and owners are exceptional and the nicest people. They want to see you do well and care about the students under their service.

Flexible hours and Excellent Students and Staff

I have been working with Tutor Doctor for three years. I love the flexibility in hours, and the ability to make my own hours. I also love my students, and management are pretty great overall. My only complaint is that the pay is only okay. It’s not terrible, but considering my education, and the price of living, it is supplementary income, not only income.

Pros

Excellent Students, Flexible Hours, Great Staff

Cons

Income

Good workplace

Interactive and like the discussions with parents beforehand. Build good relationships with the child.Work is accessible and session reports. Very good place to work for

Pros

N/a

Cons

Would like more students to take on

Flexible work life

This is my part time job and I love working with kids. I can choose my clients and hours per week - I don't have to work with anyone if I don't want to. The management team are supportive and available - I've never had a sense of me vs them.

Pros

Resources are available.

Cons

The pay per hour could be a bit better.

Fairness and supportiveness

Always feel supported and can rely on a quick response any time I need it.Good management, great cooperation based on shared principles and shared points of view . Fairness and transparency in terms of work relationship

Pros

Reliability, fairness, supportiveness

Cons

Supportive management with flexible schedule and hours

Tutors have the ability to make their own schedules and choose their hours. Management is incredibly supportive and encouraging. The job itself is very rewarding.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tutor Doctor. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.3

• Tutor Doctor
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?