Tutor Doctor

Tutor Doctor Job Security & Advancement reviews

Clear
3.5Job Security & Advancement

Great place to work part time

Good management and flexibilityI have worked for Tutor Doctor for almost 5 years and have enjoyed the flexibility and extra income it has provided me with. Fair and kind management.

Pros

Flexibility

Cons

Tutoring rates

Enjoyable

Tutor Doctor Central Coast has been very responsive to any questions I have asked or support needed. I enjoyed working with the families on working out times and days that suit us both, and the students have been amazing!I highly recommend Tutor Doctor as an employer, especially for the experience in the diverse learning needs of children.

Pros

Plan your time

Cons

Travel

Great Opportunities and administrative staff; no real room for advancement

Working for this company was very rewarding, but that was primarily because of the interactions with students and parents. They do a great job of matching you with appropriate students, but they don't provide any room for career advancement or raises, no matter how exceptional you are. Given this, few-if any talented employees will stick around for a long time. Overall, the work was very fun and rewarding. But if you are looking for any real benefits or need to support a family I am not sure how you can do this with this company.

Pros

Fun work and engagement with diverse teaching opportunities

Cons

No benefits or healthcare.

Fun Enviornement

It was fun and cool meting new students and the staff was super helpful! I got to experience what a tutor does while also finding out new things I wish to pursue in my career.

Flexible workplace with satisfactory pay + incentives

The hiring process is very informative and let us know everything we need to know in order to get the best out of your tutoring job. It provides very good flexibility and satisfactory pay.

Excellent supervisor,great learning experience

I had an excellent suprvisor and a great opportunity to use my education to help others succed. It was great working there. I would highly recommend this company for others.

Pros

Excellent supervisor.Its great to boost others to achieve their learning goals.

Cons

Driving supplement would be nice

22 January 2021
Thank you for your review. We are happy to see that this was a rewarding experience for you!

Great opportunity

Tutordoctor is in a business to help improve the educational environment for children and adults.As a former tutor it is a good place to work. Depending on the franchise.

Pros

Flexibility

Great Experience

Thoroughly enjoyable experience with this company during the CO-VID 19 lockdown. The manager was excellent, she communicated effectively with me, and (with no complaint) paid me the sort of wage that I feel my skills and qualifications deserve.

Pros

Great staff, work flexibility and pay.

Great company and owner

I had a great flexible position. The owner worked with my schedule and was open to new ideas. Company offers supplies and training. A great place to work!

Pros

Management, flexibility

Great company to work for

Very pleasant working environment. The Director is approachable and supportive. The position is customer facing and you need very good people skills, the job involves visiting students in their homes to assess them and then to match them to a suitable tutor. A very satisfying position indeed.

Productive but with core family values. Everything that I had or had been looking for in a job and place of work.

My experience working for Tutor Doctor helped me with my confidence level as a whole person. In addition about learning different new skills. The encouragement and step by step help. As well as involvement and contribution that you can make is a phenomial place to work in.

Pros

Team effort and spirit.

23 October 2020
Thank you for submitting a review! There are so many benefits to being a tutor with Tutor Doctor, and we're glad to see you are experiencing those.

Great flexibility with schedule.

I enjoyed getting to know the students and their families. The downside of working for Tutor Doctor is that sometimes a family would cancel their session after I had already left my home in route to theirs.

Part time hours

sometime there are no students in my area, and there is a lack of communicatioin from the office; overall good experience but a need to improve the team aactivities

23 October 2020
Thank you for your review. We are always looking to improve so we appreciate your feedback!

Great Gig

Depending on the need and your area, your schedule can be as busy or as flexible as you desire. The pay is on the lower side for tutors, but it is a great opportunity to gain experience. Management is effective with communication, families are amazing to work with.

Productive and Educational

As a tutor with Tutor Doctor you gain experience while working with various students, and while teaching you are constantly learning about the different ways people learn.

Pros

Experience

Cons

lots of driving

Great experience

Having been given the opportunity to work here has greatly improved my communication skills. As well, I feel more confident in teaching subjects which will prepare me for my future career in writing and/or teaching.

Desarrollo de habilidades profesionales

Es una empresa Canadiense con valores y procesos muy bien planeados. Donde desarrollas tus habilidades como profesionista, te mantienen capacitado y continuamente hay mejoras en todas las áreas. La mayoría de los clientes, trabajadores, profesores y alumnos les gusta el sistema que se maneja, ya que los resultados son inmediatos.

Enriching Experience

As a teacher, you learn a lot about students and courses. I worked with many experienced teachers and educators. It was a great place to teach, learn and improve as a teacher.

flexible job

works well around other commitments, but it would be great to have more job opportunities during the day as the jobs on offer are limited to the hours after 4:30 p.m.

Pros

you are in charge of how much you want to work

Cons

limited working hours available

Great company

This is a good company to work for. The salary isnt the greatest however management is great and I would love to work for them again in the future if I needed to.

Freedom and Flexibility

Tutor Doctors is fun and a great way for me to build relationships with parents and their children. It also allows me to build my resume for possible teaching position and that I can work a second job fitting my schedule around it. I feel like I'm running my own business the way it functions but I'm relieved of the stresses in the having to directly find the clients and negotiate the fees by myself. I feel comfortable knowing I'm not alone and my company leaders are very compassionate and do a great job giving suggestions and new tools to making my tutor career beneficial and efficient.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tutor Doctor. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.3