Tutor Doctor

Tutor Doctor Work-Life Balance reviews

Clear
3.5Pay & Benefits

Supportive management with flexible schedule and hours

Tutors have the ability to make their own schedules and choose their hours. Management is incredibly supportive and encouraging. The job itself is very rewarding.

Great Opportunities and administrative staff; no real room for advancement

Working for this company was very rewarding, but that was primarily because of the interactions with students and parents. They do a great job of matching you with appropriate students, but they don't provide any room for career advancement or raises, no matter how exceptional you are. Given this, few-if any talented employees will stick around for a long time. Overall, the work was very fun and rewarding. But if you are looking for any real benefits or need to support a family I am not sure how you can do this with this company.

Pros

Fun work and engagement with diverse teaching opportunities

Cons

No benefits or healthcare.

Ambiente de trabajo muy flexible

Al principio se coordinan los horarios, pero pueden ir variando a medida que se conocen mejor a los apoderados y a los alumnos. La flexibilidad horaria es la mejor ventaja de este empleo

Pros

Dinámico, flexible y facil de coordinar

Cons

Muchos reportes diarios, cada clase necesita y lleva un reporte

Grato ambiente de trabajo

Es un lugar de grato ambiente laboral y horarios flexibles y cumplen con los pagos

Excellent supervisor,great learning experience

I had an excellent suprvisor and a great opportunity to use my education to help others succed. It was great working there. I would highly recommend this company for others.

Pros

Excellent supervisor.Its great to boost others to achieve their learning goals.

Cons

Driving supplement would be nice

22 January 2021
Thank you for your review. We are happy to see that this was a rewarding experience for you!

Great company and owner

I had a great flexible position. The owner worked with my schedule and was open to new ideas. Company offers supplies and training. A great place to work!

Pros

Management, flexibility

Flexible, and fun

Flexible job, you can make your own schedule. Work with students from their home, quiet a good experience. You are independent, you can always find your own clients too.

23 October 2020
Thank you for submitting a review! There are so many benefits to being a tutor with Tutor Doctor, and we're glad to see you are experiencing those.

Una gran familia. Una excelente oportunidad para obtener ingresos extras con un horario cómodo y flexible. Con el respaldo de la compañía y del equipo académico local

Good Company!

A good company to work for, with help and advice always at the end of the line or email. I have enjoyed working for this company. There is plenty of work available, but sometimes the distance to travel can make it unviable for me.

Pros

Manager takes trouble to match you with suitable students for you, and you can mostly choose your hours, depending on whether the family can make day times or evening times.

Cons

Driving can be a pain, especially on the dark winter nights through windy roads, The company does not provide rescources, You can spend quite a bit of time finding relevant and suitable material, so you need to factor that into your hourly rate

Extremely helpful management that respond promptly and are easy to communicate with

Ever since I began working at Tutor Doctor Cypress in September 2019, I have really enjoyed working at there....the management is very helpful, and friendly. They try their best to help me help the students in the best way possible. The hardest part of the job is driving to the students homes, but even that is made easy by how enjoyable it is when you get to teach a student a new concept or make something clear to them that they don't understand. This moment of understanding makes it worthwhile and makes working here memorable.

Good people and good flexibility

I feel that Tutor Doctor is a good company to work. I’m able to choose my hours and the people I tutor. I have seen a great improvement in student grades. I’ve also watched the confidence levels improve from when I started

Pros

Flexible hours and flexible choice of students.

Own hours

It allowed us to make our hours. We were allowed to pick which student we wanted to teach and where. The parents and students both were on the same page as me on the first meeting day.

23 October 2020
Flexibility is one of the many benefits of working as a tutor for Tutor Doctor!

Great Experience!

Fairly simple, as you ask your boss to make scheduled sessions with your students. You are paid well and you’re given the opportunity to help out kids that are struggling to make it through.

Reliable Company

I work parttime for this company. So there is not as much interaction as if I was full time. They have a very good online set up which makes it easy to match with your students

Great environment to work in

If you love teaching then this is a job for you. The people you meet and help out are very appreciative of your approach and willingness towards helping them succeed.

Pros

The people

Cons

No enough hours

Productive and flexible schedule

Working for Tutor Doctor, gave me a purpose and for that I will forever be grateful. I always look forward to my sessions with the kids because most the of time, they are always happy to see me.

Desarrollo de habilidades profesionales

Es una empresa Canadiense con valores y procesos muy bien planeados. Donde desarrollas tus habilidades como profesionista, te mantienen capacitado y continuamente hay mejoras en todas las áreas. La mayoría de los clientes, trabajadores, profesores y alumnos les gusta el sistema que se maneja, ya que los resultados son inmediatos.

Pick your hours and clients

Very flexible scheduling, can deny or accept as much work as you can handle. Though hours for jobs are similar (afternoon/evenings) and the mid to late summer is really slow.

flexible job

works well around other commitments, but it would be great to have more job opportunities during the day as the jobs on offer are limited to the hours after 4:30 p.m.

Pros

you are in charge of how much you want to work

Cons

limited working hours available

Be an owner

Difficult job. Home office is supportive but not as competant especially in the areas of technology. Expect to spend more than they tell you. Own your day. Be positive and be an influencer in the community. Have a good support system at home.

Flexible Work Place

Tutor Doctor is a great place to work. A typical day would start with surfing the job board to pick up any prospective students. If you have an appointment that day, you would drive to the students house and tutor them for the agreed upon time. You are in direct contact with the parents and set your own schedule according to the student's needs and your availability.

Pros

Flexible

Cons

Travel times

23 October 2020
Flexibility is one of the many benefits of working as a tutor for Tutor Doctor! For more tutoring opportunities involving less travel, we encourage you to speak with your local Tutor Doctor office about online tutoring opportunities.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tutor Doctor. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.3