UBS Employee Reviews

South Africa4 reviews
4,0
Daily PnL's
Daily Capital Adequacy

Daily interaction with front office, back office staff

Everyday is a new challenge (never a dull moment)

Best part of my day the interaction with with my peers
Pros
Subsidised Lunch
Cons
Small Enviironment to grow
5,0
Great company to work for and I would recommend it to anyone. People, culture and job as a whole was a wonderful experience in the United Kingdom.. I would work for them again...
3,0
A typical day at work will be hard working.

I have learned a lot from this company, how to work out quotes, ordering of stock, etc.

Management was good. They made sure that they motivated the different branches.

Co workers where talkative and hardworking

The most enjoyable part of this job was the fact that management only came to the branch once a month.
Pros
Free Lunches
3,0
UBS has a completely different culture, being a Swiss Company. They have good benefits, and the atmosphere is overall good.
The day would start early in the morning at about 6am, and I would work through to 5pm. I did learn more about investment banking, and what the different departments were for. Management overall were reasonable. Some of the co-workers were fine, but one or two felt that they were better than anyone else. The hardest part of the job, which eventually became so unbearable was seniors who did not adhere to cut off dates for tasks, which on more than one occasion led to bottle necks at month end, putting a huge amount of unnecessary pressure on me. The most enjoyable part of the day was to get into the office early in the morning, and to get so much done, without the worry of colleagues or telephones.
Pros
Free breakfast and subsidised lunch
Cons
Overtime which had to be worked