US Foods

US Foods Employee Reviews

Showing all 3,566 reviews

Very intense

If you have a family an or kids us foods is not the place for that. We go in at 4pm and are not off until the work is complete. The hardest part of the job is working overnight

Pros

Unlimited overtime

Cons

No family time

Uncomfortable

As far as me going to work and doing my job it was cool, my job wasn’t hard but when I can’t communicate with my managers on a problem I’m having that’s an issue, so I began to get uncomfortable and just stopped caring

Pros

You get two 15 minutes breaks they piece count small

Cons

No communication with the managers

Great place to work with room for advancement

Fast paced, hard work with great pay and management. Management listens when you speak up. There will be long hard difficult days however its very satisfying to know you taken care of the customers and emptied the truck.

Pros

Pay

Cons

hard work

Good job! Takes hard work but your compensated for it.

You get well compensated for your hard work! You earn every cent . Keep a positive attitude as time goes on it gets easier. Just like every where else can’t make everyone happy

Pros

Pay

Backing breaking but excellent pay

Great location to work for. The job itself absolutely sucks but the pay is outstanding and management generally does care. You have some that care and others that don’t want to be bothered. Home/work balance could be better. Be prepared for 60-70 hour weeks especially during the summer. The job is back breaking but if you like money, a lot of it, then this is the place for you.

Pros

Good management team. Amazing money

Cons

Very labor intensive. Work/life balance pretty much nonexistent

Not being able to get a full 40 hours of work each week

It started out as not so bad the hours was good and pay is decent. But we have hit a wall and now I have been told not to come in three days out of the week and that this will continue til March.

Pros

Sometimes you get free food from the restaurants you deliver to.

Cons

Long days and working in all weather conditions.

Good company low pay

The company is great, maybe it’s my location that needs changes. New hires have to wait 90 days for insurance. This jobs is very physical and you can get hurt everyday doing it. They need to offer health insurance day 1 like most companies. They pay doesn’t meet industry standards at my location. People who are good at this aren’t going to take a pay cut or go uninsured for 90 days. Until they increase pay and offer insurance day one they will never be staffed with the best employees for the job.

Pros

Good company

Cons

Low pay, long wait for insurance

Coworkers were great

It’s not like it use to be company is taking a turn for the worse; the name US Foods is what is keeping them alive. The company needs more knowledgeable and educated supervisors & management staff. They wait to an issue occurs to take action instead of taking precautionary measures ahead of time to prevent such occurrences. Hiring the right people and keeping them is another issue.

Pros

Decent pay and benefits

Cons

Incompetent management; they will take anybody who wants the job!

Nothing at the time.

Us Foods is a good company to work for. You will have good days and bad days, but mostly good ones. The only down side to the company is only working 4 days and one day on call.

Pros

Easy routes. You will work less than 8 hours a day.

Cons

Not enough work days. Only 4 day work weeks.

Trash set you up to failure.

Pay is great but work environment is horrible communication horrible. Only care about delivery your just a number to them. Don’t care about personal life at all

Pros

Pay

Cons

Management don’t care about you, try rush you on routes. But route never on schedule, an they blame you for not finishing on time

Intense work place …. and you’re pretty much suppose to become a machine for 12 plus hours

Honestly if you’re able to meet the 100 percent standard the pay is great . As far as being considerate for employees , if you’re not a top selector management tends to not care as much about the needs or issues that come up with employees. After 90 days you’re expected to be at 100 percent weekly, which for some people is very challenging , especially when you’re only 4 or 5 months in , which is still fairly new . Training for me was horrible, what I did learn I had to learn on my on and tips from veterans that’s been at the job for years . Management was horrible as far as training … my training supervisor told me directly he didn’t like training the basics .

Pros

Incentive pay if you meet the 100 percent standard, full benefits, 401K

Cons

Short breaks, horrible training, no confidentiality

Overall decent job,Good pay but, hard physical work,you will earn every cent

A typical foodservice job. Unloading and delivery groceries and food service supplies. Anywhere from 8-15 stops a day . work 14 hours on avg. Most deliveries made via ramp. The more you do the more you're expected to do, hard to get in touch with management when needed. enjoyed servicing some customers

Pros

great pay, good benefits and time off, safety is a priority here, job security due to the industry, plenty of OT

Cons

long hours, physical work, bad routing and communication

Pay is terrible as a driver, unless ypu want to work yourself to the bone. Management is useless.

This company doesn't care for its drivers. They work you to the bone, start times are never a set schedule. They blame drivers for everything that goes wrong, there is no advocating for their employees. They promise certain things that never seem to be fulfilled. This company has a high turnover rate of drivers and Supervisors. One of the worst companies to work for.

Pros

Experience.

Cons

No work -life balance, Poor compansation, Management, Poor communication to drivers, Nobody knows what they're doing there

Management is absolutely destroying moral!

The employees are good people to work with… management on the other hand. You’d be better off talking to a wall, absolutely worst management I have ever encountered in my working career.

Pros

healthcare

Cons

Management!

Amazing trainers and pay and benefits, extremely hard work though

Best pay and benefits around…..amazing trainers managers and people. If your in great shape and don’t mind working hard than it’s worth it. Extremely physical though.

Pros

Pay benefits

Cons

Hard work

Great job to gain experience driving tractor trailers. Only for a select breed of people who can mentally and physically handle food service trucking

Great job to get some trucking experience without going otr. Management at the Pittston branch in Pa is as good as i can imagine a management team to be. They are very respectful, work with you and always try to help you succeed... problem is food service is brutal in nature. 13-15 hr days. Running up and down that ramp all day will destroy your body. Extremely stressful industry and unpredictable start times. Come here to build character and gain some awesome trucking experience, be warned though, not for the faint of heart

Pros

Pays well, though not enough for the hours and type of work. Management team is great. Free food

Cons

Extremely long hours, day to day start times. Brutal on the body. Stressful industry

Productive fast pace, good money but no life.

Productive fast pace, good money but no life. Co-workers were cool, management was ok, over judged work load in order to get more production out of employees.

Pros

Food sometimes, good pay

Cons

Attitudes

My goodness

The management is a huge problem. The way these guys runs this it's almost like they don't want people to work here. You get written up for everything. Car stuck in the snow. Write up. Wife in the hospital but you have no sick time. Write up. To slow ,write up. Family emergency write up. Drivers and order selector make this place what it is. 1 out of 20 stay. You would think they would appreciate that one who stays but it's not the case. Recently just voted on wages and settled for nothing. Every other competitor will be starting where our wages end in the next 3 years

Pros

25$ to start. Medical is top 5

Cons

Working 9 hours at a place that wants you to quit.

Great pay and that's where it ends.

If an unpredictable life balance is what you're after then this is the place for you. Routing doesn't consider where you live before sending you to a outlying yard.

Pros

Pay. Truck shop.

Cons

Milage pay takes months to come in. Body pain. No routine days off.

Can't rely on management to handle and correct daily problems. Union employees are a joke.

Nothing you do or how well you do it, is not enough or appreciated by management. Union employees have ruined the work atmosphere and affected daily operations even in the outlying areas. Local 104 hasn't done a productive thing, in the way of a contract, but they will take your dues without a hitch.

Pros

Worked away from Phoenix and accomplished tasks without help.

Cons

Phoenix interfered with daily tasks to try and create problems, so as to justify their jobs.

Worse place I ever worked for

I wouldn't recommend anybody to work there . management is terrible the router wasn't even a driver plus the guy the does the schedule has never been a driver or has been out there in field he came from the warehouse has no clue what is to be out there .the way the load the trucks is bad they just throw everything in there how ever they want to for to figure out on your own.when you ask for help none of them get off their desk to help they just say you got plenty of time you can do it.you could be go in at midnight or 2 in the morning you never know you schedule untill you call at 8 pm every night so you don't really enjoy your time off or weekends I wouldn't recommend anybody to work there I saw some new guys getting hired on they only lasted a week tops

Ask a question about working or interviewing at US Foods. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9