Uber

South Africa16 reviews

3,7Work-Life Balance

Found 16 reviews matching the searchSee all 2 597 reviews

Flexible working environment

I nolonger make enough to support my family. I need new challenges in life.I can't manage to service and work because the money is too low.I need to expand my world

Pros

Nothing is free

Cons

Noo breaks

A very good company to work for.

A very good company to work at,but wages differ from week to week. You meet different people everyday and you must treat them with respect. You must always be presentable every day.

Pros

You buy your own food

Cons

Very long hours

Workplace

It is good to know places also learn different peaple on the platform and assist them by transporting self home, also to do your work with your own heart you'll never notice how hard are and the struggle you come through, in this environment you have to be carrying, love , honnest, respect , communicate and behaviour person

Uber is good job but it need some one who knows what do you want in life then take all the calls then you will survive here

Here we need people who are knows what they want or need then be ready to move with a good pace active Zeal and motivate yourself and allow people to run on you or crush you spiritual before you meet them physically then you will survive most important be polite loving patients working under pressure customers service is very important it where you will overcome all situations on your way you will face whatever situations they try to put you in you will overcome smile greeting apologizing even you know you right but humble yourself because customers always right then you will always happy to do Uber

Quick and easy way to make money.

Sign up as a delivery partner. You can then do Uber Eats, Uber Connect as well as Uber Deliveries. Its great because you can work anytime hou want and payment is relatively fair. If you really put in allot of hours on the road. Say 8 hours per day you can up to or even more than R2000 a week. You get paid every week on a Tuesday.

Very fun workplace with alot of opportunities

Overall great experience thou the some people are very sensitive keep to yourself, at the end of the remember you there to work not family, keep your head down work as much as possible it's easy to raise your hand up

Uber company is a large transport technology industry, it very unique with its safety features like car specifications, driver safety, rider safety, customized apps, communications, quick responses, security and safety. The advantage of driving here, you meet many people and you get to know the most of the cities all around.

Pros

Freebies

Cons

Drunken masters in their best actions

Happy hour

Company was just starting up and I was part of so much vibe and promotions it was really enjoyable. Think this job and partnership lifted my morale and the staff helping was a plus to ensure your business is running smoothly.

Pros

Surging

Cons

Long hours depends on market dynamics

It is a good opportunity on the Uber platform.

It is good to work on Uber as long as you drive your own car and do not work for fleet owners. It becomes a rip off driving for fleet owners. Overall it helps individuals.

Pros

You work on your own time

A home away from home

If you're looking to work with a small yet dynamic team then Uber Cape Town is exactly what you've been looking for. The team is more like a family and you're sure to enjoy the drivers as you interact with them on a daily basis.

Pros

Free lunch, Ps4, Benefits

Cons

Lack of communication between top management and those on the ground.

On Uber there's advantage an disadvantages it need a discipline because you have to manage your time position where u must be don't be at a wrong plac

To work at Uber is good chance to make money.. You need to now how to manage your time don't be at the wrong place at wrong time. Now how to use your spot is very important.

Productive and Good Working Environment

Good working environment, work as part of the team, no favoritism among all employees. Although it was contract employment, this was wonderful job for me. I enjoyed everything,meeting new people daily, assisting them with problems they face. The management team was great,helpful on every challenge the new employee faces, If any chance comes along for me to go back, I will not hesitate to go back. The hardest part was that, payment was done from international ( Head Office), So you need to draft your salary invoice, send it through and wait for payment. You need to communicate with your bank before your bank process your money into the account.

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

contract to be signed every month

Uber provides young people with great talent and skills a good platform to grow and find their skills and talents. Anyone who is not capable of leade

A typical Day at work is that you are always hustling I have learnt coding languages, peoples management, project management and much much more The workplace culture is very vibey and always moving but not formal The hardest part of my job monday's the most enjoyable part of my job is developing others

Pros

Benefits, flexible hours, remote work

Cons

Poor management

Productive and Fun

Amazing Working environment that allows you to grow and learn at the sametime, I have been one of the luckiest to have experienced working with talented team.

Uber Campaign

The environment around Uber changed almost every day (this was when the attacks on Uber drivers started to become more common and when there was controversy around the Uber CEO), this meant every day there was more mostly negative news around Uber which would influence the direction the campaign went, the Uber management knew which direction they wanted to take Uber in South Africa but were still open minded with ways to get to their goal.

Pros

Free Uber

Cons

Constantly changing environment

Work hard play hard create change stimulate staff affect change

Stressful environment Multi skilled tasks everyday mediator and liaison with management and staff environment changes consistently travel based environment

Pros

Free lunches, breakfeast, dinner, cellphone allowance, laptop, company vehicle, petrol allowance

Cons

Extensive long hours, non-benfical benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Uber. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Based on 2 597 reviews