Ubuntu Education Fund

Ubuntu Education Fund Employee Reviews

South Africa11 reviews

3,7Work-Life Balance

Engaging space

Ubuntu is a community center to cater for the needs of the poor from the poverty stricken communities of Port elizabeth. A typical day consists of different clients, seeking help for different needs, ranging from health care to mental health issues. I learned to be patient and empathetic. Management was uncompromising with the standard of work delivered and punctuality. As a result, the culture of the organization was impact driven, excellence was an unspoken expectation that all subscribed to. The hardest part of the job was going the extra mile for the clients--having to think proactively about each unique case. The enjoyable part of the job was the opportunity to interact with the youth--when they come in for the free extra lessons--and their hope and drive.

Pros

Walking distance from my house

Cons

Voluminous workload

Challenging and educational. I have learnt so much about department of finance and its role in a company. It has really equiped me for the business world.

Cons

productive and fruitfull work place

Having workrd at the Organisation i have learned peoples skills,and enjoyed serving and doing the job ilove working with people.my co-workers were amazing they showed me the robes in the workplace and also taught me to be long sighted as an employee. The hardest part about my job was having to do two jobs at the same time, being at the bar and also beeing a runner. I enjoyed empacting the information that was empacted on me on other people, which inturn made me feel good that i have atleast done a difference.

Pros

Amazing work collegues

Cons

working with your peers

Demanding work environment, High standard maintaned.

The work place requires your undivided attention, maturity and at most requires overtime in order to meet deadlines. Employees must always bring their best foot forward, complete dedication to work and very energized. At all times you must be able to work in a team, be timeous and have complete honesty about deadlines.

Pros

Lots to learn

Vibrant and pressure orientated workplace

High pressure workplace that focuses on the needs of disadvantaged children of the location. It was a pleasure to work with such people.

good to work

It was the best place to on , very rewarding in terms of giving back to community development . and helping the helpless to manage their health

Pros

Milestone meetings

Cons

working overtime

Supportive Management and Teamwork, Personally I learnt a lot in this Company. I worked as a Data Capturer for Monitoring and Evaluation Unit based and Also act as a Clinic reception at this company.

productive workplace

capacitate on working with people in a caring environment where client are empowered with skills, knowledge and better health. Focus on the growth of children from cradle to career. Well taking care of the child from protecting them on transmitting HIV/AIDs from their mother. At 0 - 3 years their parents attending Early Years program where children are developed and monitored through aging and staging. Enrolling in Early child education when they are 3 years to 4years. 5 - 12 years they attend Junior Leaders Program 13 - 18 years attending life skills programs Up to Matric attending Future Leaders Program Assisted in enrolling and get scholarship for Tertiary education until they graduate. Doing Internship program with Ubuntu and become Alumni. Ubuntu is a very productive working place which encourages us everyday to assist and take care of our clients by developing them in every sphere in their lives. It also enables to be a part of team by working together to reach the goal. Hard times from management when not reaching time line for deadlines. demonstration of ideas and planning for programs

Pros

free coffe in our Barista. Tea breaks with cup cakes

Cons

Some deadlines not met on time, changes and new developments

Empowering and fulfilling

Preparing for the tutorial sessions. Conducting tutorials. Meeting with fellow student tutors. Giving the lecturers feedback about students' participation in the tutorial sessions. Conducting informal assessments. Marking the informal assessments. Giving students feedback. Helping students prepare for formal and summative assessments.

Pros

Gaining more responsibilities as a student.

Cons

Balancing work with school work and social life.

Family orientated workplace

meeting up with potential investors. there's no greater feeling than helping others in need. Management too strict, pays attention to detail. travelling was the fun part

Pros

Free lunch

Stimulating environment

a typical day onsists of seein clients, of all ages from different walks of life. I learned how to deal with problems related to Hiv & Aids including psycho-social ones. Most enjoyabk=le part of the job is to see a client starting treatment improve and being productive in the community

Pros

not working weekends, public holidays

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ubuntu Education Fund. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3,7 out of 5 stars for Work/Life Balance
3,6 out of 5 stars for Salary/Benefits
3,5 out of 5 stars for Job Security/Advancement
3,5 out of 5 stars for Management
4,2 out of 5 stars for Culture

Ubuntu Education Fund Reviews by Location

• Ubuntu Education Fund
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?