UCS Technology Services
3,4 out of 5 stars.

UCS Technology Services Employee Reviews

South Africa17 reviews

3,2Work-Life Balance

Productive and good work environment

My typical day at work it will disagreement with my manager when i know that i have a point with something. To Be harsh on technicians to resolved calls in SLA.

nice environment and i have learn a lot from working there

working at the UCS was good experience have learned a lot working there has opened many doors for me. the hard part of the work job is waiting for documents and you could wait for weeks for those documents. and dealing with rude customers but it was a nice environment working for them.

Fun work place

Provide third line support for our point of sale system, managed to learn bow to work with databases and always try to find the most effective solution towards a problem. I have a clear understanding of SQL.

Wonderful working experience

Loved working alongside the great workforce in this company. Hard work with great reward. Exceptional work environment with many teams to grow with. Great work space.

Pros

Exceptional work environment

Cons

Results driven yet people first

High pressured, fast paced, results driven, customer focused work environment. It has taught me to work independently and as a team member. Friendly, approachable management willing to go the extra mile to ensure staff is happy.

Productive, inspired

Got a huge passion for my work and there is challenges every day. Enjoy working with the big diversed group in the company and do a lot of cross skilling/training. It's very important to empower your co-workers.

Pros

Team builds and office socials

Cons

Work with in the stipulated office hours

working

i had over 450 - 600 sites to remotely connect to for the access of data collection, in some instance you'll find that the site is not connecting to us and i had to find out what is making us to loose the connection and it will need for me to do the troubleshooting till i find the problem. i will send a technician if the equipment is not working or send the service provider for the network connection to check the network. i enjoyed my work but was not appreciated enough.

Pros

Friday lunch

Cons

salary was little

Dynamic and Supportive

Very dynamic team, lots of different things to learn, Different customers across different verticles. Fun office space and hard working individuals etc.

Benefits

stressful job

very stressful was under pressure every day hours were long the pay was not that great there was no self growth for me here i decided to leave for self growth

Pros

exposed to the I T fuel industry

Cons

pay was too low

diverse, educational and fun

I used used to work in a set up center where we had to assemble computers ,servers laptops, Point of sales and their peripherals. and test printers scanners before they are sent on site. we also did our own stock tacking every month end, packaging of our devices before shipping them on site

Pros

incentives

Cons

productive and motivational

Fun and productive

Customer service. Dealing with difficult customers. Great management. Staff are focused. Missing my early flight. Exploring places after work.

Pros

Free working holiday

Cons

Long distance traveling

Relaxed work environment but Job can be stressful at times

Great on the job learning but my position was very stressful dealing with clients needs and trying to resolve issues within SLA. Though the stressful environment could be attributed to the transission period we were in at the time with clients adopting a new OS that end-users weren't familiar with.

Pros

Lunches (sporadic), no strict dress code

Cons

Pay wasn't very competitive. had to supplement income by doing overtime

Productive work place

Work is completed timeously. Great learning opportunities. Co-workers are fun. Management style is okay. Allows great opportunity to see the world, but away from home for extended periods of time.

Cons

Too much travel

Fliexibile, dynamic organisation

Values that were part of the organisation such honesty, entrepreneurial & innovation - where definitely being lived by leadership. I valued that I received recognition for my contributions and was allowed the flexibility in my role. Also appreciated the work-life balance, being allowed to work from home on certain days. I give credit to the CEO who made sure all of these things were in place. Trusting & believing in his people Being in HR, my days were never the same which I enjoyed - kept things fresh & relevant . In my world change was the order of the day so had to learn how to prioratise work accordingly. I thoroughly enjoyed my time there, working with the staff & the rest of manangent

Interesting type of work - requires a firm yet professional person,fun at times

UCS has moulded me in many ways - i now know how to be a team player - i can work independently as well - i get along with the co -workers.the hardest part of this job is that it is retail driven - meaning I work shifts - and sometimes it is difficult as a family woman, I need a good job as well as be part of my family.I enjoy assisting clients and putting a smile someones face daily - I love challenges - software testing is my best,analysis

Productive and Driven

We log calls for IT related issues and our weekly benchmark is 360 calls apart from the email queries we receiveI have learned to work indipendantly and be more assertive and pro-active in my thinking.My co-workers are bunch of hardworking people we rely on each other with our daily basis workloadThe hardest part of my job is the high call volumes we receive on a daily basis and we work every weekend at times 7 days a weekThe enviroment we work in is a very positive one therefore you look forward to going to work on a daily basis regardless of the workload we have.

Pros

half day

Cons

work shifts 08:17:00- 07:16:00 - 11:00:19:00

Productivity and fun.

As long as you do you work then you stats go up and i have to say that it is recognised.The only issue is that the salary does not meet the amount of work i do.I do the job for three people and i get a salary for one of thos jobs.The fun part is the socials and team building events held almost every month at work.Then we get to interact with each other in a relaxed inviroment.

Pros

socials and team buiding sessions.

Cons

long hours, too many delegations on the job one is not contracted on.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at UCS Technology Services. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3,2 out of 5 stars for Work/Life Balance