UDM International

UDM International Employee Reviews

South Africa57 reviews
4,0
UDM International is a company that will treat you well, if you treat it well. As much as it has been a long and sometimes difficult journey, it's been worth it. I gave 150% and now I've never been happier in where i am in life.
I love this company and I'm so glad i took the chance, this job has changed my life. I'm not a cheesy person, but this opportunity is really life changing.
1,0
They make you push for a sale even if you can tell that someone can’t afford it, I also heard one of the recruiters say they were told to look for white woman who are around the age of 23 instead of people from other races my overall experience was very stressful
Pros
They pay you on a weekly basis with uncapped commission
Cons
Stressful environment and racial bias
5,0
The only company I have ever been at that seriously rewards you for your efforts. When you get there, put your head down, listen to your tutors and mentors, but remember, everyone there is under pressure. Diamonds are created under pressure.. you can earn a R1million per year if you go there, give it EVERYTHING you are made of.. I was there for almost 3 years, in the top ten, but I got busted with drugs and I got ended...
Pros
money is otherworldly...
Cons
Management are a bunch of men hating lesbians
1,0
Your are just another number, don't fall for the permanent trick. You most probably won't get permanency. You work hard to get them sales, and they will treat you like a school child.
5,0
Great place to work. Great friendships, super work life balance with excellent working hours. Competitive and rewarding for loyalty, sales talent and hard work.
Pros
Salary, friendship, family atmosphere
5,0
Everything about the company is cool.
Great products

Good Management

Intense training (12weeks)

Paid while in training

Great location

Good internal opportunities
5,0
The workplace culture was amazing and a truly learning experience management team were great with the staff and i learned alot during my time at this job.
5,0
I enjoyed working at udm even though it was not a walk in the park it challenged you as a person on how to deal with high intense pressure and stressful situations
2,0
your getting there process is so long and the tatgets almost seem un reachable but when you do hit the commission bracket you earn big..
you get rated on a weekly basis for 9 weeks where you start with 2 sales a day and end up with 8 a day very chalenging
1,0
You go through 12 weeks of rigorous sales training, each week becoming harder and harder. You are taught that home life means nothing to management, only reaching targets matter. no target, no home time. most trainees end up working till 8/9 at night trying to achieve targets. you are made to feel worthless if you don't achieve targets and your contract is ended on a Friday if targets are not reached. DON'T FALL FOR THEIR PROPOGANDA.
2,0
The sales coaches are a bit hard on the trainees, Trainees need more than 3 weeks fir the company to decide if they can make it to permanent status or not. Too strict on sick leave policy for trainees
1,0
I reported directly to the Senior Manager, who is awesome, however, the rest of the experience was absolutely horrible. The MD of the company is so fake, so ingenuine!! They deduct money if you're 5 mins late (which happened literally once), equal to half an hour. The culture is like stepping right into a highschool playground.
5,0
I applied to this position about a year ago through Indeed and i just want to thank Indeed and UDM for this job. I've always been in sales, but nothing comes close to how much i've earned at UDM. In my past positions, although i was a top agent, I didnt make a lot of money. At UDM, I've made enough money to save up and buy a new car, I can support my family and still have money at the end of the month. I want to be clear though, this position isnt easy. I work hard every single day. I come across good clients but bad ones to. I work really hard, but I always know that the 25th of every month is going to be a good day. I want nice things in life, so I work very hard for them.
Ive been here for over a year and I dont plan on leaving anytime soon.

Work hard, work smart and reap the benefits - its that simple.

I could say thank you a hundred times a day for this opportunity and it still wouldnt be enough.
3,0
A typical work day would be phone calling from 8:30AM to 4:30PM everyday. I learnt a lot about customer service, the art of sales and the importance of time and making every minute count (as we had certain targets on the number/length of calls everyday). The hardest part of the job was having to adjust and coming out of my shell to appease potential customers so that they could buy the product. The workplace culture was very playful yet professional, so it was a good balance of the two.
3,0
overall a good working place - very target driven - lots of hard work and great rewards - with a potential to earn a substatial income. very strict work ethic. takes care of the staff who are dedicated
Pros
wonderful incentives
Cons
no room for error
5,0
UDM international is a fast pace environment where you are constantly aiming to hit target. They are very motivating. There are a lot of people coming in each week and leaving as it is a job not meant for everyone.
Pros
Motivation
Cons
Clock watching
1,0
Basic salary as per advert is a lie
Easily dismissed. Terrible company overall, they recruit evry week because they easily dismiss due to paying you less, r1000 a week. The training as promised is barely a training, they put you on the phone after 4 days of "training" and you have to start making targets or sales immediately.
Pros
Popcorn machine
Cons
Cant take our breaks, Easily dismissed every thursday you get a letter with your payslip, 7H30-6pm, Have to go to work even with a medical certificate and they deduct from your salary
4,0
Great working environment good management and soace for grownt if yoy willing to worj very hard and make the best out of it
Peoples friendly and supportive very energised and driven
5,0
I only recently started working at UDM International(about 6 months now), and it is by far one of the most vibrant, lively and supporting corporate companies i have worked for. Its a lot of hard work, but it pays off. UDM pays you what you are worth. Its a sales company, you get paid for sales. Its as simple as that! Although the basic is relatively low, the commission is FANTASTIC.
Pros
Great environment, great support structure, great money!
Cons
Stressful at times
1,0
You're in fast and out even faster.
I suggest not leaving permanent jobs for this company unless you know you're extremely strong in sales.

Not for the faint hearted.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Not secure
5,0
Working here was lovely but it wasn’t for me and that’s okay. It was hectic meeting target everyday and the trainers push you so hard that when you don’t meet target you feel so confused if the job is for you.
Pros
The great popcorn and lovely Sarmies
Cons
Meeting daily target