UDM International

UDM International Employee Reviews

South Africa69 reviews

fun workplace, too much pressure

fun place to work. the supervisors are friendly. everyone is motivated to meet their targets and they are super focused. There a lot pressure on you to perform, which cause stress sometimes.

Pros

paid transport

Cons

high pressure environment

Awful experience avoid this company

At UDM you are nothing but a number and they treat you like dirt. They hand out warnings like sweets and coming to work is terrifying and I hated every second of it.

Pros

None Nothing good happens here

Cons

Worst experience of my life

25 January 2022
Dear Former Employee,We are concerned that you believe you are just a number at UDM International, as this is does not fit into our ethos.We have an open door policy in place, so that if you have any issues, there are Supervisors available to assist immediately. UDM International has high standards that we are proud of. These very standards have allowed us to pay employees way above market related salaries. We do wish you the best in your future endeavours.

Productive and fast paced environment

One of the best call center I had an opportunity to work for They have training that prepares you and the work environment is great, stressful when you are not reaching the Target but if you are then you will definitely enjoy working thereHappy hour was my favorite after getting a sale one would choose a snack of their choice.

Pros

Happy hour

Cons

Long hours if target is not reached

Effort is rewarded

Not an easy environment. Hard work is rewarded. There's some racism. Long hours. Rewards for sales made. Profesional, clean and good work ethic. Proper training provided.

Pros

Insensitives

19 November 2021
Dear Former Employee,Sales is never an easy job, it requires a lot of hard work and dedication. Like you’ve mentioned, at UDM International we will always recognise and reward your hard work. We find it very concerning that you believe there is racism in the company. We are a multicultural company, creating the diverse, yet vibrant company culture that we are so proud of. We do wish you all the best in your future endeavors and hope you have gained some valuable skills from UDM that will be of benefit throughout your career. Kind regards,UDM International

No Job security

I would strongly not recommend any person to apply here or work for UDM. Within 2 weeks you will be out when not reaching their unreasonable target. You are expected to perform miracles on impossible leads given to you.Breaks are shorter. Salary wise not good.You will have anxiety and stress. They will sell you the world when they interview you.They will tell you they don’t retrench it’s true because they fire you within 2 weeks.

Pros

Sweets and free goodies

Cons

Long hours, unreasonable targets, bad leads, Short breaks

25 October 2021
Dear Former Employee,It’s disappointing to see you feel this way about UDM International, as we believe this is not a true reflection of us.We are in the business of changing the lives of our employees, as we have hundreds of success stories that we’re proud of.Our standards are high; however, our targets are attainable. We start your target off at 2 per day when you start training and progressively increase your target week by week. Therefore, we are concerned about your misunderstanding about our process.Stress unfortunately falls part of any job, more so in sales. We do mention this throughout your interview process because we know the industry is tough and we want to be transparent from the beginning. This position is challenging, but it is also rewarding. We are proud of the fact that we have never retrenched a single employee over the 27 years we’ve been in business. There is comfort in knowing that once you go permanent at UDM, it is your forever job. Throughout training, we do have people who believe sales isn’t for them, which is completely understandable – it’s not for everyone. For those that challenge themselves daily and aim for success, then this position is for you. And we are there to help you reach your full potential.We wish you all the success in your future. We hope you have learnt some valuable skills that will stay with you throughout your career.Take care,UDM International

Stressful and harsh

Not a good experience at all. One is left with the distinct impression that you're replaceable any second, they tell you as much. There's no job security. Training doesn't cover difficult clients and how to talk to them, you're thrown in the deep end. If you are the single breadwinner for your family it's not a good choice because you'll most likely not be able to make your bills for the first few months, if they don't decide to cut you before the probation period ends.

21 September 2021
Dear Former Employee,We are disappointed that you feel you did not have a good experience with UDM International.We’re concerned that you believe you’re replaceable, as this does not fit out ethos. Our open door policy is in place to ensure all our employees have a voice and can speak up when they face any challenge. Our training academy is a supportive team of professionals, who train you from your first day to your last day of training. Our training academy starts your targets low and builds your skill the further you progress in training.UDM International pays salaries way above market value. The money doesn’t come easy, as you’d find in most companies. However, it’s definitely worth it.We wish you all the success in your future endeavours.Kind regards,UDM International

High Pressure but rewarding Job

Not everyone makes it but, there is training and incentives involved,did not make it myself but cannot fault the company if youre willing to work hard you can make something of it

Productive safe and target driven

It's a great place to learn and make more money. Enjoying the company culture. The have great bonus structures and great training division to support you archive target daily.

Not a business

Corporate Businesses are not operated like this. No sales position is in jeopardy like this. Would not recommend any person applying. Unrealistic targets, disrespectful management (would like to see management spend a day on the phones and reaching the targets they set). Join a real business. They run their business like a sports team. Every week there is a new line up and new players in the team. THIS is not a business. You will be treated well in training and then once you phone clients you will be just another number. Great companies don't offer free popcorn and gifts, they are just great to work at overall. The free stuff from UDM International is just a guilt gift for the bad days you are put through. My advice, steer clear and go work at a real company.

Pros

None, although there are some good people deserving better at the company.

Cons

Misrepresented information when applying, bad management, you can get fired after 1 week, no job security etc etc etc

9 September 2021
Dear Former Employee,We are disappointed that you feel like you didn’t have a great experience with UDM International. We are a corporate company that has been in business for over 27 years’ and we have never retrenched a single person. We have teams of passionate employees who love what we do and have amazing work ethics that help them achieve success. We are a company that recognises and rewards your hard work, paying salaries way above market value. Sales is a challenging job, this is explained before you join our company, however it’s also an extremely rewarding job. Perhaps isn’t for everyone. We wish you all the best and hope that you find success and joy in your future endeavors. Kind regards,UDM International

Productive company that trains you to be the best version of yourself

Udm can change your life in 3 months but you have to be willing to put in the work.. Work hard and know your "why" it will definitely keep you going. Make it work for youBefore you make it to permanency, you will go through a 3 months training and every week you get paid so you always have money in your pocket

Pros

Snacks, tea and coffee, no Claw backs

Cons

Long hours and Saturdays

UDM - not for the weak

Work hard. Get paid for the work you do. It's that simple.Ive never worked for a company like UDM. It's difficult, so be ready for that, but it's also extremely rewarding. I'm never looking back.

Pros

Free popcorn, performance bonus, Gautrain benefit. Free training, sales coaches there to help you whenever you need them.

Cons

Overtime. Sometimes stressful.

Forever grateful

I've been working at UDM for over a year. I'm not gonna lie, sales can be difficult. But then I recieved my salary and I forgot about all those bad days. Take each day as it comes and you will see. This position can really change your life. I love my team, I love being able to life the life I've always wanted and now I can. Thank you UDM. You took a chance on me and now my life is amazing.I love my job!!

Pros

Free popcorn, performance bonus, Gautrain benefit

Cons

Overtime. Sometimes stressful.

Forever grateful

Pros

Free popcorn, performance bonus, Gautrain benefit

Cons

Overtime. Sometimes stressful.

Very productive company, great atmosphere, target and goal oriented place

I was challenged in an amazing way when I was at UDM, the management takes pride in the qaulity of their products, so much that they give you the best training in order for you to provide qaulity sales skills when moving their products. The incentive is ridiculously amazing, you can make so money, however it is only up to you to do. You give in the best and you get the best. The only negative I came across at UDM is the fact that they over recruit, probably every week. And this because while working you need to meet your weekly target, failing to do will unfortunately result and you being let go. So every week a certain amount of agents always leaves and they always have new agents ready to take their place. So you not given much opportunity to become your best. It either you get it right the first time or leave.

Pros

Great money, you grow, learn, develop professionally

Cons

Target driven, too much pressure, now room for mitakes

It was a lovely place to work for,very fun environment

UDM International taught me a lot about recruitment, it was lively environment to work for and very informative and industry to work for.It truly was a great company to work for ,the culture was great and there was a lot of room for growth.

Pros

Target and incentive driven

Cons

A fun place to work in. Awesome culture and lovelt incentives

The money is good . Terrible leads they are recycled. The clients are being phoned 3 times in a month by 3 different Agents. The sales coaches are amazing. And motivates

Pros

Sweets and chocolates

Cons

Flexible working hours

Employee turn arounds are massive

Your are just another number, don't fall for the permanent trick. You most probably won't get permanency. You work hard to get them sales, and they will treat you like a school child.

9 September 2021
Dear Former Employee,We are disappointed that you felt like you were just a number.At UDM International, we have never thought of our employees as a number. We take pride in knowing that we treat our employees with respect and our open-door policy is in place because we want our employees to know they have a voice.We don’t offer false promises at UDM. As in any corporate company, you need to work hard and prove yourself as a dedicated and hard-working employee before you gain a permanent placement.We wish you all success in your future endeavors. Kind regards,UDM International

Great place to work. Great friendships, super work life balance with excellent working hours. Competitive and rewarding for loyalty, sales talent and hard work.

Pros

Salary, friendship, family atmosphere

Good company

Everything about the company is cool. Great products Good Management Intense training (12weeks) Paid while in training Great location Good internal opportunities

Good expensive

The workplace culture was amazing and a truly learning experience management team were great with the staff and i learned alot during my time at this job.

It's a good company if you deal well with stress

I enjoyed working at udm even though it was not a walk in the park it challenged you as a person on how to deal with high intense pressure and stressful situations

Ask a question about working or interviewing at UDM International. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9
  • UDM International
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?