UDM International
3,6 out of 5 stars.

UDM International Employee Reviews

I've been working at UDM for over a year. I'm not gonna lie, sales can be difficult. But then I recieved my salary and I forgot about all those bad days. Take each day as it comes and you will see. This position can really change your life. I love my team, I love being able to life the life I've always wanted and now I can. Thank you UDM. You took a chance on me and now my life is amazing.I love my job!!
Pros
Free popcorn, performance bonus, Gautrain benefit
Cons
Overtime. Sometimes stressful.
Work hard. Get paid for the work you do. It's that simple.Ive never worked for a company like UDM. It's difficult, so be ready for that, but it's also extremely rewarding. I'm never looking back.
Pros
Free popcorn, performance bonus, Gautrain benefit. Free training, sales coaches there to help you whenever you need them.
Cons
Overtime. Sometimes stressful.
They lure people in offering so many benefits and a high salary when it's cold calling and commission based. It's really difficult due to people not being interested and yet you have to still phone them back and try more and more.
Pros
Free popcorn, performance bonus, Gautrain benefit
Cons
Overtime. Sometimes stressful.
An organized mess and a bunch of unfriendly people from management to the staff. A bunch of slave drivers and racists. No black people in management and their "elite" campaigns. All they care about is making a sale and meeting your target. Every week they have new people in training because every week more people are resigning. When you call in sick they say you must go to the doctor then come to work to submit the doctors note on the same day. They totally misrepresent themselves during the interview process. Oh! you cant wear jeans even on a friday yet you can wear leggings. The most corporate of companies allow jeans on a Friday but not UDM; a call centre where you can come to work wearing flops during the weeK but you cant wear a jean on a Friday.
Pros
Knock off at 15h30
Cons
Stressful enviroment
I was challenged in an amazing way when I was at UDM, the management takes pride in the qaulity of their products, so much that they give you the best training in order for you to provide qaulity sales skills when moving their products. The incentive is ridiculously amazing, you can make so money, however it is only up to you to do. You give in the best and you get the best. The only negative I came across at UDM is the fact that they over recruit, probably every week. And this because while working you need to meet your weekly target, failing to do will unfortunately result and you being let go. So every week a certain amount of agents always leaves and they always have new agents ready to take their place. So you not given much opportunity to become your best. It either you get it right the first time or leave.
Pros
Great money, you grow, learn, develop professionally
Cons
Target driven, too much pressure, now room for mitakes
UDM International taught me a lot about recruitment, it was lively environment to work for and very informative and industry to work for.It truly was a great company to work for ,the culture was great and there was a lot of room for growth.
Pros
Target and incentive driven
Cons
The money is good . Terrible leads they are recycled. The clients are being phoned 3 times in a month by 3 different Agents. The sales coaches are amazing. And motivates
Pros
Sweets and chocolates
Cons
Flexible working hours
The only company I have ever been at that seriously rewards you for your efforts. When you get there, put your head down, listen to your tutors and mentors, but remember, everyone there is under pressure. Diamonds are created under pressure.. you can earn a R1million per year if you go there, give it EVERYTHING you are made of.. I was there for almost 3 years, in the top ten, but I got busted with drugs and I got ended...
Pros
money is otherworldly...
Cons
Management are a bunch of men hating lesbians
Your are just another number, don't fall for the permanent trick. You most probably won't get permanency. You work hard to get them sales, and they will treat you like a school child.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at UDM International?
Great place to work. Great friendships, super work life balance with excellent working hours. Competitive and rewarding for loyalty, sales talent and hard work.
Pros
Salary, friendship, family atmosphere
Everything about the company is cool. Great products Good Management Intense training (12weeks) Paid while in training Great location Good internal opportunities
The workplace culture was amazing and a truly learning experience management team were great with the staff and i learned alot during my time at this job.
I enjoyed working at udm even though it was not a walk in the park it challenged you as a person on how to deal with high intense pressure and stressful situations
your getting there process is so long and the tatgets almost seem un reachable but when you do hit the commission bracket you earn big.. you get rated on a weekly basis for 9 weeks where you start with 2 sales a day and end up with 8 a day very chalenging
UDM International is a company that will treat you well, if you treat it well. As much as it has been a long and sometimes difficult journey, it's been worth it. I gave 150% and now I've never been happier in where i am in life. I love this company and I'm so glad i took the chance, this job has changed my life. I'm not a cheesy person, but this opportunity is really life changing.
You go through 12 weeks of rigorous sales training, each week becoming harder and harder. You are taught that home life means nothing to management, only reaching targets matter. no target, no home time. most trainees end up working till 8/9 at night trying to achieve targets. you are made to feel worthless if you don't achieve targets and your contract is ended on a Friday if targets are not reached. DON'T FALL FOR THEIR PROPOGANDA.
The sales coaches are a bit hard on the trainees, Trainees need more than 3 weeks fir the company to decide if they can make it to permanent status or not. Too strict on sick leave policy for trainees
I reported directly to the Senior Manager, who is awesome, however, the rest of the experience was absolutely horrible. The MD of the company is so fake, so ingenuine!! They deduct money if you're 5 mins late (which happened literally once), equal to half an hour. The culture is like stepping right into a highschool playground.
I applied to this position about a year ago through Indeed and i just want to thank Indeed and UDM for this job. I've always been in sales, but nothing comes close to how much i've earned at UDM. In my past positions, although i was a top agent, I didnt make a lot of money. At UDM, I've made enough money to save up and buy a new car, I can support my family and still have money at the end of the month. I want to be clear though, this position isnt easy. I work hard every single day. I come across good clients but bad ones to. I work really hard, but I always know that the 25th of every month is going to be a good day. I want nice things in life, so I work very hard for them. Ive been here for over a year and I dont plan on leaving anytime soon. Work hard, work smart and reap the benefits - its that simple. I could say thank you a hundred times a day for this opportunity and it still wouldnt be enough.
A typical work day would be phone calling from 8:30AM to 4:30PM everyday. I learnt a lot about customer service, the art of sales and the importance of time and making every minute count (as we had certain targets on the number/length of calls everyday). The hardest part of the job was having to adjust and coming out of my shell to appease potential customers so that they could buy the product. The workplace culture was very playful yet professional, so it was a good balance of the two.
  1. Employee Reviews