UDM International

UDM International Employee Reviews

South Africa76 reviews

3,2Work-Life Balance

Not for everyone

My time at UDM was not great at all.They expect you to make sales from leads that has been contacted before and making sales is really not easy.You go to work everyday and waste petrol money to get there but don't make anything in return

A lot of incentives

The training was very hard but worth it at the end …you are given leads everyday and the teams are fun to work with …there’s a lot of growth and everyone there is very friendly

Productive and growth opportunities

UDM International is a great place to work in where there are endless opportunities to grow and be creative. UDM International takes care of their employees and only wants the best for their employees to succeed. It is fast paced and very target driven but that’s what creates drive in the company. Everyone working at UDM is very friendly and respectful and their trainers train exceptionally well.

Pros

Growth and drive

Fun, Professional and tons of recognition. Great salary and staff!

This is a fast-paced company where you immediately get recognized for your hard work! The energy is amazing, and everyone here is so passionate and driven, it's hard not to smile 24/7. Other than the amazing staff the grounds are so beautiful and after working hard, everyone here has fun! I would definitely recommend working here, I wish that I knew about UDM International sooner!

Pros

Gym, nail technician, cafeteria, massages, fun days etc

Cons

Cannot think of one, you get whatyou give so if you put the work in, no cons!

Hard work = Uncapped potential to earn

Fast passed, healthy competition, uncapped potential to earn. Sales is not for everyone. Hard work, dedication and motivation needed. You determine your own success

Boring

All I can say is it's KAK KAK KAK.. people always get fired , pay is too low than what you think you get ..They mislead too much. They use people to get money out of them then fire and hire every week.MD makes millions everyday but fails to pay. Office park is nice but wait till you get to see the selfish acts of managers and supervisors.

Pros

Just free coffee

Cons

Working hours are not what they say

Fun productive and grooming

I love the work environment the fitflo gym is one of the benefits I love Nd i love the fact the out MD knows each and everyone of us there's a beautiful incentive structure that u must meet. And there's also basic salary plus you get rewarded for ur hard work. Not forgetting how tough the training period was but after the 12 weeks I have been smiling from ear to ear

1st week Training =R1000, thereafter dololo

They promise you all this benefits,but they are not very transparent as to how and when you will qualify for it.Only the 1st week of training you get guaranteed R1000,thereafter for the next 4 weeks that you are on training if you don't make your target you don't get paid. They say it's not cold calling, its ice calling lol,their clients are rude and have all been called before,hence it's making your job as the new agent 10x more difficult.

Pros

Great training

Cons

Cold calling

I would not recommend this to my worst enemy

UDM taught me how to close hard. Other than that it is a human butchery. I was there for 2 years of my life, felt like I lost 10. Stay away! To top it off you get micro-managed by people who can't even close a door let alone a sale...

Pros

Good pay if you perform

Cons

Small

Fun work place.

They are targetdriven and always willing to assist when needed. The training center is a fun environment and the people working there makes is easy for you to grow. They have a lot of activities and are always rewording people for there hard work.

You can be fired at anytime

The company has a horrible training process, u are given a weekly target and if you don't achieve it you get fired, they do not appreciate hard working sales people and the team leaders lack sales techniques, feedback is just connect with the customer or you sound really good. Nothing valuable to teach you. Management is not fair and based on who team leaders and trainers like.

Competitive workplace

Cool place. Full of young people. Very competitive. Fun environment. Clean and stress free. Successful people. Good working hours. Everyone is vibrant and hard-working.

Great place but some processes could be better

The company has a very conducive environment and overall positive experience. By far I highly rate them on certain operations, they are indeed the best in the world, no doubt! THE DOWNSIDE Process "Tapping" as they call it, is so inhmanely done, worst nightmare and so traumatic as job seeker, done without being discreet in front of the whole floor.. It's really uncalled for, and some of the supervisors seemingly enjoy putting people in that position, with a fake smile. Interesting though that some Temps at the company are given "second opportunities" to improve or unrecycled leads, etc depending on race ofcourse (true story) and how cosy you are with the team leaders, this part is really so appalling to even watch cos they pretend like everyone is treated equally but not if you observe closely. Their supervisors undermine ppl intelligence based on appearance or race to think you cannot see certain things. Their MD is a phenomenal woman with great leadership and people skills, not sure about some of her subordinates. The company uses a very in-depth structured training program with their campaigns however the fact that certain races can only be limited to certain campaigns is a problem. Maybe a personality analysis is the first step, I could be colored but sell very well to people outside that race...interesting how language also is only selective to certain clients. Selling to Afrikaans market u can use their language but to Africans not, interesting contradiction when you think about it.

Pros

Work environment

Cons

Pretenses and fake smiles

Awful experience avoid this company

At UDM you are nothing but a number and they treat you like dirt. They hand out warnings like sweets and coming to work is terrifying and I hated every second of it.

Pros

None Nothing good happens here

Cons

Worst experience of my life

25 January 2022
Dear Former Employee,We are concerned that you believe you are just a number at UDM International, as this is does not fit into our ethos.We have an open door policy in place, so that if you have any issues, there are Supervisors available to assist immediately. UDM International has high standards that we are proud of. These very standards have allowed us to pay employees way above market related salaries. We do wish you the best in your future endeavours.

fun workplace, too much pressure

fun place to work. the supervisors are friendly. everyone is motivated to meet their targets and they are super focused. There a lot pressure on you to perform, which cause stress sometimes.

Pros

paid transport

Cons

high pressure environment

Productive and fast paced environment

One of the best call center I had an opportunity to work for They have training that prepares you and the work environment is great, stressful when you are not reaching the Target but if you are then you will definitely enjoy working thereHappy hour was my favorite after getting a sale one would choose a snack of their choice.

Pros

Happy hour

Cons

Long hours if target is not reached

Effort is rewarded

Not an easy environment. Hard work is rewarded. There's some racism. Long hours. Rewards for sales made. Profesional, clean and good work ethic. Proper training provided.

Pros

Insensitives

19 November 2021
Dear Former Employee,Sales is never an easy job, it requires a lot of hard work and dedication. Like you’ve mentioned, at UDM International we will always recognise and reward your hard work. We find it very concerning that you believe there is racism in the company. We are a multicultural company, creating the diverse, yet vibrant company culture that we are so proud of. We do wish you all the best in your future endeavors and hope you have gained some valuable skills from UDM that will be of benefit throughout your career. Kind regards,UDM International

No Job security

I would strongly not recommend any person to apply here or work for UDM. Within 2 weeks you will be out when not reaching their unreasonable target. You are expected to perform miracles on impossible leads given to you.Breaks are shorter. Salary wise not good.You will have anxiety and stress. They will sell you the world when they interview you.They will tell you they don’t retrench it’s true because they fire you within 2 weeks.

Pros

Sweets and free goodies

Cons

Long hours, unreasonable targets, bad leads, Short breaks

25 October 2021
Dear Former Employee,It’s disappointing to see you feel this way about UDM International, as we believe this is not a true reflection of us.We are in the business of changing the lives of our employees, as we have hundreds of success stories that we’re proud of.Our standards are high; however, our targets are attainable. We start your target off at 2 per day when you start training and progressively increase your target week by week. Therefore, we are concerned about your misunderstanding about our process.Stress unfortunately falls part of any job, more so in sales. We do mention this throughout your interview process because we know the industry is tough and we want to be transparent from the beginning. This position is challenging, but it is also rewarding. We are proud of the fact that we have never retrenched a single employee over the 27 years we’ve been in business. There is comfort in knowing that once you go permanent at UDM, it is your forever job. Throughout training, we do have people who believe sales isn’t for them, which is completely understandable – it’s not for everyone. For those that challenge themselves daily and aim for success, then this position is for you. And we are there to help you reach your full potential.We wish you all the success in your future. We hope you have learnt some valuable skills that will stay with you throughout your career.Take care,UDM International

Stressful and harsh

Not a good experience at all. One is left with the distinct impression that you're replaceable any second, they tell you as much. There's no job security. Training doesn't cover difficult clients and how to talk to them, you're thrown in the deep end. If you are the single breadwinner for your family it's not a good choice because you'll most likely not be able to make your bills for the first few months, if they don't decide to cut you before the probation period ends.

21 September 2021
Dear Former Employee,We are disappointed that you feel you did not have a good experience with UDM International.We’re concerned that you believe you’re replaceable, as this does not fit out ethos. Our open door policy is in place to ensure all our employees have a voice and can speak up when they face any challenge. Our training academy is a supportive team of professionals, who train you from your first day to your last day of training. Our training academy starts your targets low and builds your skill the further you progress in training.UDM International pays salaries way above market value. The money doesn’t come easy, as you’d find in most companies. However, it’s definitely worth it.We wish you all the success in your future endeavours.Kind regards,UDM International

High Pressure but rewarding Job

Not everyone makes it but, there is training and incentives involved,did not make it myself but cannot fault the company if youre willing to work hard you can make something of it

Productive safe and target driven

It's a great place to learn and make more money. Enjoying the company culture. The have great bonus structures and great training division to support you archive target daily.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at UDM International. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3,2 out of 5 stars for Work/Life Balance