UDM International

UDM International Employee Reviews for Sales Consultant

Sales Consultant16 reviews
South Africa16 reviews
4,0
UDM International is a company that will treat you well, if you treat it well. As much as it has been a long and sometimes difficult journey, it's been worth it. I gave 150% and now I've never been happier in where i am in life.
I love this company and I'm so glad i took the chance, this job has changed my life. I'm not a cheesy person, but this opportunity is really life changing.
1,0
Your are just another number, don't fall for the permanent trick. You most probably won't get permanency. You work hard to get them sales, and they will treat you like a school child.
5,0
I enjoyed working at udm even though it was not a walk in the park it challenged you as a person on how to deal with high intense pressure and stressful situations
2,0
The sales coaches are a bit hard on the trainees, Trainees need more than 3 weeks fir the company to decide if they can make it to permanent status or not. Too strict on sick leave policy for trainees
5,0
I applied to this position about a year ago through Indeed and i just want to thank Indeed and UDM for this job. I've always been in sales, but nothing comes close to how much i've earned at UDM. In my past positions, although i was a top agent, I didnt make a lot of money. At UDM, I've made enough money to save up and buy a new car, I can support my family and still have money at the end of the month. I want to be clear though, this position isnt easy. I work hard every single day. I come across good clients but bad ones to. I work really hard, but I always know that the 25th of every month is going to be a good day. I want nice things in life, so I work very hard for them.
Ive been here for over a year and I dont plan on leaving anytime soon.

Work hard, work smart and reap the benefits - its that simple.

I could say thank you a hundred times a day for this opportunity and it still wouldnt be enough.
4,0
Great working environment good management and soace for grownt if yoy willing to worj very hard and make the best out of it
Peoples friendly and supportive very energised and driven
1,0
You're in fast and out even faster.
I suggest not leaving permanent jobs for this company unless you know you're extremely strong in sales.

Not for the faint hearted.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Not secure
5,0
Amazing company, where you get paid what you are worth! The training is advanced and not for people that aren’t serious about success and financial freedom! It opened more doors than I could imagine. Financial freedom and a comfortable lifestyle is most definitely worth the hard work that you have to put in. Most definitely motivated to get up to go to work and work in an safe, modern, and clean environment. If you are not ready for challenging but rewarding work, this is not for you.
Pros
Working hours, salaries, working environment and most definitely the culture
Cons
Now and then stress
5,0
I did not work at UDM International for very long. I left within the first 2 weeks. However, what I experienced of the company was incredible. The feedback and encouragement from mentors and management is amazing. The vibe is great. The money is worth it. I left because sales, as an industry, was not suited to my personality. I cannot fault the company. Absolutely great.
Pros
Work culture
4,0
Starting with a face to face interview followed by a panel interview and then a 12 week sales training program.

I learned how to handle objections and close.
Pros
Start at 0730 and leave at 1530
Cons
Extremely high targets
5,0
As you can see with my title, I love love love love my job! It’s a dream come true to me. Imagine working for your coach/mentor... not even working for, working with your life coach or mentor! Is the most amazing thing ever. Believe me, this is what I get it UDM International.

UDM found me when I was out and dry. I got a warm welcome in first training week. My trainer was/is the kindest warm understanding caring person I’ve ever met. He was always willing to go an extra mile to help with a smile always on his face.

Second week I started on the phones. I had a QA dedicated to build me. She’s also the most amazing person I’ve ever met. She always had time for me for when I had questions. I had to call numerous clients and explain our products. To be honest it wasn’t easy however my QA was always there to help with a cheerful gracious attitude. Management as a whole is supernatural! They are all very hardworking and dedicated to see you succeed. They really want the best for you and won’t let you settle for less!

Week 5 to 11-12 were the toughest. I used to cry sometimes but I only learnt to be stronger. It really takes a lot of hard work, dedication, determination, positivity, discipline, enthusiasm, tenacity, honesty and commitment. you know when they say it takes a stone to go through so much pressure and heat and friction and other things for it to become a diamond. That’s exactly what you go through for you to reap those nice $$ rewards.

The money is limitless. You can earn sooooo much money if you willing to put in the work!

After week 12 I got extended
 - more...
Pros
positive vibes, fun events, massive earning potential
4,0
working at Khula weekend school and UDM international was a learning curve for me as they have different workplace culture.i was also learning as an individual
Pros
free popcorns.transport allowance
Cons
long hours and have to work on weeeknds
4,0
UDM is a company that pays well with monthly bonuses if you make your target. UDM pushes you to work hard to make a good salary for yourself. Young motivated vibe at the company.
Pros
Money is good.
Cons
Long working hours
5,0
Generally we meet at 07:30 where the sales agents, admin and management gather to an almost social vibe to take stats from the previous day and be informed of whatever relevant information there may be for the day. We then get onto the phones where we rigorously dial clients and pitch the products we sell in order to get the client to become a client. At Three o' Clock we end and if we are on target that is the day over. Often there will be fun days which are cash prizes, wine, toys, sweets and various other things used to incentivize sales.

I have learned the most from this position. I have learned to perfect my telephone technique and my ability to sell very well by understanding people on an individual scale. And then using this information to adequately market the product to client. It has taught me how to work well under pressure as targets are prominent in this company.

The management is competent and young in their approach and have personal interest in each and every employee as it is a small company. We are split into two divisions so our management is always competing with the other division in a positive and fun way ensuring they are always performing at their best.

The workplace culture is one of the reasons I fell in love with this company. It is such a dynamic and energetic environment with the fun days used to incentivise sales. Also the causal day Fridays usually accompanied by music in the morning to get the vibe going for the day.

The hardest part of the job is to take the declines. Even though there is adequate resilience training it is a tough
 - more...
Pros
Incentive structure, fun day, short hours
Cons
Changes in economy affect sales ability
4,0
it is a hard working place with supportive management. If you work hard and do your part the salary is very good, the people at the office is awesome and fun to work with
Pros
free coffee
4,0
Spend my 90% of the my day doing my daily work contacting customers marketing the policy to them convincing them to buy the product. Sometimes go beyond to make them agree to take the insurance . I have learned that percvearance is the mother of succeess and that to achieve your goals you have to work had nothing comes easy in life.

Rated on perfomance and target made on sales reached per day per week and salary based on the commision.

Management very strict and firm on time management and attendandance which made co-worker not to stay at the company as they were expelled due to under performance

Could not contact anyone during working hours or answer phones during working hours tea break and lunch time very accurate

So far I never had enjoyable time did not ejoy any time at this job.

Have to leave the place as i was always stressful and fighting to achieve target and end up not happy to wake up and go tp UDM
Pros
instantives are earned at UDM to motivate, performance, gifts are offered to those who excell to thier perfomance, I had a chance of receiving the gifts during the time at UDM, Not working during weekend
Cons
long working hours, Short lunch, short tea time, overtime, Evaluated every friday given warning letters for under perfoming and sent home for non performance