UDM International

UDM International Employee Reviews for Sales Representative

Sales Representative12 reviews
South Africa12 reviews
3,0
A typical work day would be phone calling from 8:30AM to 4:30PM everyday. I learnt a lot about customer service, the art of sales and the importance of time and making every minute count (as we had certain targets on the number/length of calls everyday). The hardest part of the job was having to adjust and coming out of my shell to appease potential customers so that they could buy the product. The workplace culture was very playful yet professional, so it was a good balance of the two.
5,0
I only recently started working at UDM International(about 6 months now), and it is by far one of the most vibrant, lively and supporting corporate companies i have worked for. Its a lot of hard work, but it pays off. UDM pays you what you are worth. Its a sales company, you get paid for sales. Its as simple as that! Although the basic is relatively low, the commission is FANTASTIC.
Pros
Great environment, great support structure, great money!
Cons
Stressful at times
5,0
Everyone is so friendly there,let say one of the days your mood is down,they make sure they try and boost your mood.for us to reach a target they assist us a lot.it a great environment.
Pros
Competition
Cons
Target
1,0
Guys these people are crooks!!! They lie and tell you R5000 basic, basic where? They sell you dreams about not cold calling BUT THATS EXACTLY WHAT YOU’RE doing!! They work on a week to week contract that is HORRIBLE, you have ZERO job security!! If you don’t make target for the week you’re OUT! it’s the most stressful environment ever!!! God I hated that place with a passion! They interview and bring in people every single week because they know you are expandable! The minute you don’t perform e.g a slow week your out and there’s someone to replace you on a week to week contract. Disgusting! You get R180 per sale, so you can just imagine how long it will take you to get to even R5000 for the month🤦🏽‍♀️ They lull you into a sense of comfort by giving you R1000 for the first 4 weeks then after that 180 and you’re on your own. TRASH!
Pros
Free popcorn
Cons
Long hours, false pretenses, stress STRESS STRESS, illegal week to week contract, hectic time schedule🤦🏽‍♀️ Just don’t do it to yourself!
5,0
I loved working here and will miss it immensely. Unfortunately resigning was out of my control, due to travel constraints. Otherwise I was performing really well. They pay and build their representatives unbelievably well, and have the most exciting approach to business I never could have imagined.
Pros
Cons
Overtime to reach targets
5,0
Productive and very professional workplace but it is fun at the same time. Target and goal driven. Too much positivity. Trainers are very good, patient and passionate.
Pros
Free popcorns
Cons
Short lunch breaks
2,0
I enjoyed working for UDM and doing the telesales. The clients are fun to deal with and the QA helps when you struggle and give you tips to do much better. Over all I had a wonderful experience. The only bad downfall of the company is the fact that the turnover is so huge. I got diagnosed with a sickness and provided a doctors note for the HR team. Even though the note was provided, they ended my contract as I didn't make quota for the week. Hence I was booked of for three days to recover.
Pros
Gaining great Sales Experience
Cons
Staff Turnover huge, ended contract if not making quota when falling sick
4,0
I am currently in training at UDM International. Currently in week 6 and i am only 19 years old. This is not easy you have to fight for your sales but the company gives everything to you all your clients and they even teach you what to say when. I made 80% target in week 5 and i am going for 100% this week. I must say if you just want a job this is not for you but if you want money then i can tell you they actually pay. Perm in training
Pros
dont have to look for clients or do cold calling
Cons
need to fight for your sales
5,0
some days good and some days bad. But what I have learn is to strive and do better daily to manage my work. Culture of the business sales. The hardest part of the job is to make sales to people who does not have money. The nice and enjoyable part is the atmosphere and the people you meet. To work together as a team.
Pros
Free rusk biscuits
Cons
normal hours 08:00 am -16:30 pm
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at UDM International?
5,0
UDM International is a different company. I have never worked for a company like this. They are very strict with absenteeism and on reaching targets but you always have full support to help you and guide you. They even give you vitamins to stay healthy.I dont think this company is for everybody. You need to work hard and if you want success know not in 3 or 5 years know! You are the perfect person for UDM International. Great atmosphere but it does take hard work and hard work actually pays of.
Pros
Free popcorn pays gautrain all leads are provided no cold calling
Cons
You need to put in hard work in training it is stressful
5,0
I love the working hours at UDM International from 08:30-16:00 wich gives me enough time to get home and enjoy the money I make here. I learned that you can achieve anything if you are willing to work for it. We do have strict management which i enjoy because of that everything stays professional at UDM International and anybody can achieve their goal.I love my co-workers very money and target driven like me. Always motivated and ready for the day. The hardest part of the job i would say is competing for the incentives. All sales people are very driven and competitive, but it is also fun.Most enjoyable is working on a uncapped commission and not having claw backs. Money earning is unlimited targets are great and very reachable. I was an average income earner and know i earn more than market related and have been here only 7 Months. Sometimes i do work over time but it is because i want more money it is like your own company. Just not so much stress and you don't have to pay for anything.
Pros
Free popcorn, basic gets higher if you perform monthly bonus of R10 000 if you work hard
Cons
If you do not work hard your income will be low. But i like working hard so that no problem for me
1,0
Company sales targets too high. Worked very hard every day as well as overtime hours and made daily targets of 8 sales a day a couple of times however too steap for most people to reach. averaged on 3-4 sales. was in a group of 20 people and only 1 person made it to the final round LMAO! Feels like you're on Survivor SA. I actually made the final 4 in my group!!!. . LOL. Yes, I admit, not all of my team mates was sent home and haha me neither - some just left as did I however my reason was pure and simple and possibly why others left too; It's ridiculous to ask someone to call people who in most cases live on or under the breadline having only 20 "new" leads per day (people who in most cases regretably received some sort of a gift from UDM and who will now be constantly called intill they ask to be taken off UDM's lists ) and sifting through called leads untill you're basicaly stalking people for hopefully one more sale!!!! terrible company to work for. Recruits people weekly to bi-weekly, probably makes a lot of money out of all the sales?!?! Pays R10000 per month gross and sends at least 80% of people packing out of a group of about 20 and so the cycle continues until mark my words they will eventually run out of people to recruit.
Pros
Cons
All as stated.