Umgeni Water

Umgeni Water Employee Reviews

South Africa40 reviews
4,0
At times its very stressful. Honesty and ethics is non negotiable. Management must be approachable and one should not be victimised when concerns are raised. When you have staff reporting to you and they are disciplined for not following procedures they then contact hotline and falsely accuse one of being racist or to shift the focus, now you have to deal with the inquiry and false accusations. this is the hardest part of your job. the most enjoyable part is when staff are troubled or need help be it with work or personal, and you can console or assist staff. when they walk away understanding their work and they are happy it gives me great satisfaction. Happy staff, good work.
Pros
Good company benefits and staff gatherings and functions
Cons
confidentiality
5,0
I am highly motivated, enthusiastic young man. I learned to how to come with new ideas and strategies in order to solve the problems, how to do the troubleshooting. Managing time is my culture.
5,0
I have gained lot of experience pertaining water purification and using SAP as well as laboratory analysis, house keeping and loading data on SAP. Using SCADE at control room
Pros
Free gift
5,0
Its not only work but there's opportunities for play as well.
There are different sporting codes you can get yourself involved in as part of the wellness program.

There are leadership programs such as toastmasters to enhance communication skills. There's is plenty to do besides producing results.
Pros
Time off to study
Cons
immediate managers
4,0
as an Trainee Internal Auditor of Umgeni water with SizweNtswaluba Goboda .our day to day work is to run the internal audit plan to conduct the audit that are required but the audit Committee.

What i have learn is that to be a good internal auditor you need more exposure on the field. I have also learn how to document the business processes and procedures.
Pros
Cofee
Cons
long Hours
4,0
it was very good working for this Client, Very good working environment with a very good management.

there are lot of things that i have learned while working
Pros
New things to learn
3,0
Informs all employees about the progress of the company. They have good programmes such as wellness day and aids day every year for all employees.

Great organisation and treats all employees as family.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
No promotions
5,0
Maintenance of all assets at all the various Dam sites and waterworks. Make sure that equipment is well maintained and breakdowns are minimized. Also make sure that the maintenance management system is updated and maintained.
Pros
buying facilities
Cons
overtime
5,0
there is no such worse day as i come to work as i can,as a SHEQ Assistance i leaned to do checklist which help them . know what not good to be use at
Pros
yes if we have a meeting
Cons
sometimes long hours
4,0
Umgeni Water is a busy working area that , each day you get different issues that need to be resolved.
each and every day I get to know new things .

people that I work with are very understanding and that makes my job become very easy.
5,0
Umgeni Water was a great company to work for, in a day one has something to do and has something to learn on it.
I learnt that even with the smalled work experience you can add value into the organisation

The management is very proactive in terms of providing support and development for their employees
Pros
Good working hours
3,0
Warehouse Supervisor, Receiving and Dispatch and supervising.
Managed the contracted security co. I personally had a good experience working for this company
5,0
I learnt project management at Umgeni Water. I was handling various projects and was required to monitor contractors on site as well as report back on project statuses and compile reports.

I loved the easy going warm environment.
5,0
I am allocated to facilitate environmental education programs in schools and communities of 4 local municipalities. This requires a lot of travelling- initiating contacts- managing stakeholder relationships- project management and setting realistic targets. The job is quite lonely but we meet as a team at regular intervals to discuss performance. One has to have top notch problem solving skills in order to deal with challenges in the field. Management is there for performance review. The most enjoyable part is the diversity of programs that one implements and seeing school children expanding their learning and growth about environmental matters.
Pros
good salary
Cons
regular long distance driving
5,0
A very good organisation to work for. Distances between depots/work sites, especially when called out was an Achilles heel. A very good management culture and style, giving one the latitude to make decisions.
Pros
Subsidised housing
Cons
Distances between work sites/depots on call out and/or emergencies
3,0
Coordinate health and safety systems. Retain and maintain documented information.Support quality in water oprations . Brainstorm innovative ideas within the SHEQ systems.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Lot of Paper work
5,0
Opportunity to learn new things everyday.
Gained extensive knowledge on SAP.

Management is fair and includes me in all work related things as I have a disability of hearing problem.

I get along with most of my colleagues who makes sure that I'm welcomed at all times.

The hardest part of the job is to keep up with conversations in meetings but is a challenge that I can overcome.

I enjoy working with my Supervisor in the GRC Support Team and he imparts knowledge regarding Governance Risk and Compliance.
Pros
Friendly and respectable people
3,0
great place for development for young professional with numerous resources for growth with challanges and great mentorship. well organised career upliftment. it is so say that my contract is ending very soon
Pros
cheap lunches
Cons
normal hours
4,0
I have received excellent training during my time at Umgeni Water. I have been exposed to many different engineering problems and challenges which has helped me grow and develop as a Chemical Engineer.
Pros
Good experience/exposure
2,0
The day is busy, I have learned to listen my colleagues and working overtime was the hardest but receiving a call from a satisfied Supplier was enjoyable.
Pros
Team building once in a while
Cons
Overtime
4,0
Management was direct and specific on what was required for achievement of goals.

If they were not happy with your pitch you were suppose to do it correctly till you get it right no compromise.

I learned how to read maps on the pipeline infrastructure a skill I obtained within the company.

the hardest part was getting access to company vehicle and learning how to use MAXIMO.

My co-workers and I worked wonderful together , and they were very helpful in terms of training.

The hardest part of the job was when engineers did not avail themselves to approve and critic what has been done or give direction on the next step to be taken.

the fun part was when a pipeline was completed.
Pros
Lunch Time prayer meetings
Cons
not receiving direction