Umgeni Water
Umgeni Water Employee Review

Fun work place

3,0
10 January 2019
Informs all employees about the progress of the company. They have good programmes such as wellness day and aids day every year for all employees. Great organisation and treats all employees as family.
5,0Work/Life Balance
2,0Salary/Benefits
2,0Job Security/Advancement
3,0Management
4,0Culture
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
No promotions
4,0
24 December 2014
Same roleSame location
Junior Electrical Artisan (Current Employee) - Durban, ZN
I start of my day by reporting to my foreman(electrical/instrument) to receive mandate on a days work so to help me priorities duties for the day. I than adhere to instruction than report back to foreman towards the end of the day. I've learnt how to deal with obstacles involving work or personal. I'm based in a maintenance workshop remote from management offices. Co-workers vary in characteristics but however I've learned to embrace different cultures and people. Hardest part of the job is attending to breakdowns when water levels are extremely low but succession of breakdown builds skill and elevates thinking and work ethics. Most enjoyable part of the job is working in December we host a lot of braai's.
Pros
Knock off early on Fridays
Cons
Working on contract
5,0
14 January 2020
Same location
Lab Technician for Analytical Chemistry (Former Employee) - Durban, KwaZulu-Natal
I am highly motivated, enthusiastic young man. I learned to how to come with new ideas and strategies in order to solve the problems, how to do the troubleshooting. Managing time is my culture.
5,0
9 January 2019
Same location
MAINTENANCE PLANNER (Former Employee) - Durban, KwaZulu-Natal
Maintenance of all assets at all the various Dam sites and waterworks. Make sure that equipment is well maintained and breakdowns are minimized. Also make sure that the maintenance management system is updated and maintained.
Pros
buying facilities
Cons
overtime