Umgeni Water
Umgeni Water Employee Review

Productive and Challenging work place

5,0
14 January 2020
I am highly motivated, enthusiastic young man. I learned to how to come with new ideas and strategies in order to solve the problems, how to do the troubleshooting. Managing time is my culture.
5,0Work/Life Balance
5,0
18 April 2019
Same role
Laboratory Technician (Current Employee) - Pietermaritzburg, KwaZulu-Natal
Its not only work but there's opportunities for play as well. There are different sporting codes you can get yourself involved in as part of the wellness program. There are leadership programs such as toastmasters to enhance communication skills. There's is plenty to do besides producing results.
Pros
Time off to study
Cons
immediate managers
4,0
6 January 2015
Same role
Laboratory Technician (Current Employee) - Pietermaritzburg, ZN
Samples need to be analysed as they arrive. There are about 70 to 90 samples that are recieved a day for analysis. I learnt to work under pressure and to meet delivery times thus ensuring customer satisfaction. The hardest part of my job would be to ensure completion of my work especially when samples arrive late however I work as a team and ensure that all preservation times are met and work is completed accurately. The most enjoyable part of the job is when you are allowed to train on different methods or techniques especially because of the exposure one would get when it comes to technolgy.
Pros
75% medical aid and a 14th cheque
Cons
Travelling
3,0
10 January 2019
Same location
JUNIOR ARTISAN / INSTRUMENT MECHANICIAN (Current Employee) - Durban, KwaZulu-Natal
Informs all employees about the progress of the company. They have good programmes such as wellness day and aids day every year for all employees. Great organisation and treats all employees as family.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
No promotions
  1. Productive and Challenging work place