Umgeni Water
4,2 out of 5 stars.
Umgeni Water Employee Review

Productive potential for growth.

4,0
11 April 2013
My typical day would be Printing work for the day, preparing by setting up the bench and conducting analyses. Filling up forms in required files. I have learnt to be independent meaning self starting than waiting to be told what to do. I got an opportunity to have gotten close to my collegues where we help each other and encourage each other. The job is not hard and I enjoy working on new things such as audits. My salary expectations will be from R10000 onwards.
4,0Work/Life Balance
4,0Salary/Benefits
3,0Job Security/Advancement
3,0Management
4,0Culture
Pros
hard working but relaxed environment and performance bonuses.
Cons
routine work
5,0
14 January 2020
Same role
Lab Technician for Analytical Chemistry (Former Employee) - Durban, KwaZulu-Natal
I am highly motivated, enthusiastic young man. I learned to how to come with new ideas and strategies in order to solve the problems, how to do the troubleshooting. Managing time is my culture.
5,0
18 April 2019
Laboratory Technician (Current Employee) - Pietermaritzburg, KwaZulu-Natal
Its not only work but there's opportunities for play as well. There are different sporting codes you can get yourself involved in as part of the wellness program. There are leadership programs such as toastmasters to enhance communication skills. There's is plenty to do besides producing results.
Pros
Time off to study
Cons
immediate managers
4,0
6 January 2015
Laboratory Technician (Current Employee) - Pietermaritzburg, ZN
Samples need to be analysed as they arrive. There are about 70 to 90 samples that are recieved a day for analysis. I learnt to work under pressure and to meet delivery times thus ensuring customer satisfaction. The hardest part of my job would be to ensure completion of my work especially when samples arrive late however I work as a team and ensure that all preservation times are met and work is completed accurately. The most enjoyable part of the job is when you are allowed to train on different methods or techniques especially because of the exposure one would get when it comes to technolgy.
Pros
75% medical aid and a 14th cheque
Cons
Travelling
  1. Productive potential for growth.