Umgeni Water
4,2 out of 5 stars.

Umgeni Water Culture reviews

I am highly motivated, enthusiastic young man. I learned to how to come with new ideas and strategies in order to solve the problems, how to do the troubleshooting. Managing time is my culture.
A very good organisation to work for. Distances between depots/work sites, especially when called out was an Achilles heel. A very good management culture and style, giving one the latitude to make decisions.
Pros
Subsidised housing
Cons
Distances between work sites/depots on call out and/or emergencies
The day is busy, I have learned to listen my colleagues and working overtime was the hardest but receiving a call from a satisfied Supplier was enjoyable.
Pros
Team building once in a while
Cons
Overtime
The environment at Umgeni water was so welcoming and excellent team members with social and cultural events on Friday, I really enjoyed working there
Pros
Excellent organisationculture
Cons
temporary position
be the best and strive to get best results all time and become the ambassador of the organisation you work for. Collect and learn as much as possible and be the best you can be.
I start of my day by reporting to my foreman(electrical/instrument) to receive mandate on a days work so to help me priorities duties for the day. I than adhere to instruction than report back to foreman towards the end of the day. I've learnt how to deal with obstacles involving work or personal. I'm based in a maintenance workshop remote from management offices. Co-workers vary in characteristics but however I've learned to embrace different cultures and people. Hardest part of the job is attending to breakdowns when water levels are extremely low but succession of breakdown builds skill and elevates thinking and work ethics. Most enjoyable part of the job is working in December we host a lot of braai's.
Pros
Knock off early on Fridays
Cons
Working on contract
Working at Umgeni as an administrator / PA had its normal daily routines, yet there was room for growth and improvement. The management where great to work with and were always helpful, there was nothing in particular that was difficult about the job.
Pros
ability to grow in different departments
Umgeni Water is the best Company to work for, the company is result driven, the KPIs are clear the moment you join the company you know exactly your required output and the performance is measured fairly.
Pros
Free Gym access
Cons
willingly go an extra mile
1. A day where the management had to change the deadlines and all the dates were moved to 3days before the initial dates.2. I've learnt that it is very important to always be ahead with my work.3. Management was very supportive and assisted the team.4. From co-workers i just saw an exceptional team spirit from them.5. The job is not hard at all, but may be let say for a new person who is fresh from varsity, the challenging part can be speed and accuracy.6. It gives you a break in the middle of the month, it is quiet.