Umgeni Water

Umgeni Water Pay & Benefits reviews

South Africa40 reviews
4,0
Was very family orientated back then
At times its very stressful. Honesty and ethics is non negotiable. Management must be approachable and one should not be victimised when concerns are raised. When you have staff reporting to you and they are disciplined for not following procedures they then contact hotline and falsely accuse one of being racist or to shift the focus, now you have to deal with the inquiry and false accusations. this is the hardest part of your job. the most enjoyable part is when staff are troubled or need help be it with work or personal, and you can console or assist staff. when they walk away understanding their work and they are happy it gives me great satisfaction. Happy staff, good work.
Pros
Good company benefits and staff gatherings and functions
Cons
confidentiality
productive
there is no such worse day as i come to work as i can,as a SHEQ Assistance i leaned to do checklist which help them . know what not good to be use at
Pros
yes if we have a meeting
Cons
sometimes long hours
5,0
Highly professional department and supportive team
I am allocated to facilitate environmental education programs in schools and communities of 4 local municipalities. This requires a lot of travelling- initiating contacts- managing stakeholder relationships- project management and setting realistic targets. The job is quite lonely but we meet as a team at regular intervals to discuss performance. One has to have top notch problem solving skills in order to deal with challenges in the field. Management is there for performance review. The most enjoyable part is the diversity of programs that one implements and seeing school children expanding their learning and growth about environmental matters.
Pros
good salary
Cons
regular long distance driving
Family atmosphere
A very good organisation to work for. Distances between depots/work sites, especially when called out was an Achilles heel. A very good management culture and style, giving one the latitude to make decisions.
Pros
Subsidised housing
Cons
Distances between work sites/depots on call out and/or emergencies
2,0
Self-fulfilling job
I enjoyed teaching and I would like one day to go back there and pass on my knowledge to the next generations when i retire.
Pros
Impacting knowledge
Cons
Low Salary and poor working conditions
5,0
Umgeni Water encourages employess to develope themselves by providing educational encouragement schemes
Umgeni Water is an excellent company to work for, they care about the well - being of its employees. The salary and benefits are market related and the wok atmosphere is conducive
4,0
Productive potential for growth.
My typical day would be Printing work for the day, preparing by setting up the bench and conducting analyses. Filling up forms in required files. I have learnt to be independent meaning self starting than waiting to be told what to do. I got an opportunity to have gotten close to my collegues where we help each other and encourage each other. The job is not hard and I enjoy working on new things such as audits. My salary expectations will be from R10000 onwards.
Pros
hard working but relaxed environment and performance bonuses.
Cons
routine work