Umgeni Water
4,2 out of 5 stars.

Umgeni Water Work-Life Balance reviews

I am highly motivated, enthusiastic young man. I learned to how to come with new ideas and strategies in order to solve the problems, how to do the troubleshooting. Managing time is my culture.
I have gained lot of experience pertaining water purification and using SAP as well as laboratory analysis, house keeping and loading data on SAP. Using SCADE at control room
Pros
Free gift
Cons
as an Trainee Internal Auditor of Umgeni water with SizweNtswaluba Goboda .our day to day work is to run the internal audit plan to conduct the audit that are required but the audit Committee. What i have learn is that to be a good internal auditor you need more exposure on the field. I have also learn how to document the business processes and procedures.
Pros
Cofee
Cons
long Hours
there is no such worse day as i come to work as i can,as a SHEQ Assistance i leaned to do checklist which help them . know what not good to be use at
Pros
yes if we have a meeting
Cons
sometimes long hours
Umgeni Water is a busy working area that , each day you get different issues that need to be resolved. each and every day I get to know new things . people that I work with are very understanding and that makes my job become very easy.
Opportunity to learn new things everyday. Gained extensive knowledge on SAP. Management is fair and includes me in all work related things as I have a disability of hearing problem. I get along with most of my colleagues who makes sure that I'm welcomed at all times. The hardest part of the job is to keep up with conversations in meetings but is a challenge that I can overcome. I enjoy working with my Supervisor in the GRC Support Team and he imparts knowledge regarding Governance Risk and Compliance.
Pros
Friendly and respectable people
Cons
great place for development for young professional with numerous resources for growth with challanges and great mentorship. well organised career upliftment. it is so say that my contract is ending very soon
Pros
cheap lunches
Cons
normal hours
Working at Umgeni as an administrator / PA had its normal daily routines, yet there was room for growth and improvement. The management where great to work with and were always helpful, there was nothing in particular that was difficult about the job.
Pros
ability to grow in different departments
Umgeni Water is an excellent company to work for, they care about the well - being of its employees. The salary and benefits are market related and the wok atmosphere is conducive
My typical day would be Printing work for the day, preparing by setting up the bench and conducting analyses. Filling up forms in required files. I have learnt to be independent meaning self starting than waiting to be told what to do. I got an opportunity to have gotten close to my collegues where we help each other and encourage each other. The job is not hard and I enjoy working on new things such as audits. My salary expectations will be from R10000 onwards.
Pros
hard working but relaxed environment and performance bonuses.
Cons
routine work
1. A day where the management had to change the deadlines and all the dates were moved to 3days before the initial dates.2. I've learnt that it is very important to always be ahead with my work.3. Management was very supportive and assisted the team.4. From co-workers i just saw an exceptional team spirit from them.5. The job is not hard at all, but may be let say for a new person who is fresh from varsity, the challenging part can be speed and accuracy.6. It gives you a break in the middle of the month, it is quiet.