Unilever
Information from Unilever:

Unilever Employee Reviews

South Africa413 reviews
5,0
working for the company was really interesting and informative because everytime a new product came we would go and get educated about it so when we sell to customers we know what we selling.
Pros
free product on promo
Cons
flexible hours
1,0
Very stressful environment characterized by lack of clear job requirements, lack of clear direction, unclear reporting structure, no career advancement
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Low salary
4,0
Wonderful place to work, you have to be smart worker. You'll grow with the company or grow within the company even though they protect they employment and employees
Benefits
Cons
Too much work
2,0
This company can be great again if only Management will change their style. It is super hierarchical and levels in the org matter, the management style is based on fear and HR is the worst place to be at as they do not correct bad behavior or lead by example! You are not promoted for hard work, but for agreeing to all the bad decisions leadership make. The culture used to be admired, now it is a rut.
Pros
Promotional discount on Unilever products
Cons
Pathetic Management style
Slow production

wellknown brand

Dominet brand

Few adverts of Unilever

Nice work place
Pros
Hamper
Cons
Ratail hours
5,0
I was under Aprenticeship Programme but also gained from other learning opportunities apart from it.l found Engineering field very interesting machine operator,maintaining and solving problem was not just a job but inspired me.Working as a team create was fun.Competing with other shift with production rate while considering good Quality of products was most fun.
5,0
It was a great honor to work in such an environment. It presents the ideal work environment for any job role. Everyone who works there is disciplined and well behaved, professional and 100 % competent in whatever position they may hold. Everyday you will learn something new and everyone feels happy and are ready to help you succeed and grow. Everything is fair at Unilever.
Pros
You can trust the company; great employee benefits
Cons
I cant think of any
4,0
This particular opportunities can change a sales professional to make professionally efficient sales decision that will give them necessary attention to their representatives for them to elevate them to a new level of experience quickly enough while they are still active. With a monthly procedure to be changed into weekly payment distribution might be a better option.
Pros
Set the standards to be met by your employees.
Cons
Do a strict follow up on weekly base and offering support where necessary.
5,0
I grabbed same of values, skills and more. I actually taking the job as my own Business, my own baby. I didn't know anything about packing, extra space. But now I know everything about PI label, layout of the shelves etc.
3,0
Its a great bubbly environment for employees, i had a bad experience unfortunately due to my manager being a terrible person to work with. Managers And HR dont correct bad management behaviour.
Pros
Subsidized meals, unilever store discounts, fun environment
Cons
Bad management and hr culture
5,0
The work helped me to learn how to promote products and interact with customer. I get a chance to take ownership in my work and learn few leadership skills.
4,0
Great experience very supportive line managers and a it really feels like you make an impact in the world with our products. The company values its people and development is a key focus.
4,0
I have learned a lot of things, team work, dissipline, managing to work under pressure
I enjoyed working for this company, n I don't mind to go back n work again for this company
4,0
The core values of the company and senior management are awesome. Problem is WL2 management in Durban Head Office in Global Mobility department. They tend to sweep lots of things under the carpet, causing bad reputation for the company
5,0
8:30 to 4:30 working hours with the ability to work from home.
culture its very agile

Management very supportive and very welcoming.

growth is the main goal
2,0
It seems like the only thing keeping Unilever relevant is their strong brand because other than that the company is lacking when it comes to applying an ethical culture, new advancements in technology especially with regards to Digital Marketing and to be honest with the amount of work outsourced to agencies you can perhaps wonder what exactly is your role in the company if the agency does most, if not all of the work! A very disappointing experience of a massive, well established company (perception wise). I do hope things change for the South African head office in Durban because high salaries and good perks eventually fade away and wont keep all your staff happy for long. Stop selling dreams and fix your house!
5,0
It was great place to work, learn and grow.
The people I worked with at Unilever were great people and Unilever had a wonderful way of bringing us together to collaborate and deliver results. At times it could be very challenging and there was a high level of pressure to deliver as the business is very results driven. It is a large corporate company and some decisions did not filter down to lower levels however considering the size of the business Unilever still did a great job of transparency and this made you feel comfortable with your job security and that of your teams. This bread great culture I would recommend it to anyone who is considering it.
1,0
Currently restructuring. No stability
Very pressuring. The managers have very poor leadership. HR is a total waste of time. They only there to protect the middle Management. If you complain, you are then victimise with no growth opportunities.
4,0
If unilever can create more opportunities and increase the salary i think employee's would be willing to stay for a very long time because thet have great benefits for their employees
5,0
-When store managers dont wanna give you some negotiated space and and yet you have to build those displays to meet your deadlines.
-Never to promise them something that you wont be able to do ,and when you have to give them feedback on something make sure you get back to them and give them feedback.

-working with amazing managers who does not discriminate and treat each and everyone equally at work.

- everyone is living according to the smollan values.

-meeting new people, managing yourself, working as a team, managing your team,driving sales, being rewarded for all the good work that you have done, and also attending meetings which keeps you on the loop of what is expected on us and how to deal with difficult situations and how to solve most of the problems encountered
4,0
good experience...lots of free things quite often... good prices at the staff shop...the people are very friendly...very pressurizing job situation...