Unilever

Unilever Employee Reviews in Pietermaritzburg, KwaZulu-Natal

Wonderful place to work, you have to be smart worker. You'll grow with the company or grow within the company even though they protect they employment and employees
Benefits
Cons
Too much work
I enjoyed working at the unilever and I wish to work for them again when the opportunity comes again. The management is good even staff was very friendly.
Pros
Resting
Cons
Short hours
A great company to work for overall. Great salary, and benefits. Overtime as 12 hour shifts on the weekend. 5 days of work a week. Lots to learn from the company with training.
Pros
Working hours and conditions were good
Every day work include being productive learning and giving input and making sure that you produce good quality product in a safety way being to work on time and making sure that you follow the company policies
Pros
good behaver
Cons
sucsess
ha ha ha. If I could and wasn't for the company shutting down its site, I would still say this is the best place to ever be. Growth, fun, leadership, career advancement, management and staff. Man I had the best moments of my life with this Company. They really are no 1.
Pros
Vp
Nice working environment, good engineering culture, friendly colleague, open learning place where everyone is allowed to come with new ideas. Good team work
Pros
everything
Cons
nothing
Unilever head lots of opportunity and people was so kind the only problem they were using agents unfortunately they chase that agent and our contract were terminated
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Long ours
I gained much experience working for Unilever.It contributed a lot to my upbringing as I started working there while I was still young. Promotional opportunities are there if you are well dedicated.
Pros
Own lunch
Cons
Moderate hours
Unilever is an exciting and progressive company that offers numerous benefits to their employees along with pleasant working hours. There is also always a scope for improvement.
Pros
Stability
Cons
Shift hours
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Unilever?
I worked at uniliver wearhouse as checker in receiving(inbound), I was selected as best checker of the year, I In my two years I gained more experience
Cons
Unilever is a great company ,the thing about this job is you don't have time on your life and family schedules due to long hours of work and working on weekends.
Pros
Two lunch breaks
Cons
Daily focus meeting early in the morning. Trouble a shooting and resolving and machine related breakdowns via breakdown analysis tools. Disciplined but helpful managers. Good communication and teamwork among colleagues. hardest part of the job are the late nights and early mornings while resolving technical issues in the factory. The most enjoyable part is the excellent team spirit and the amount of knowledge and experience due to the size and development of the factory.
Pros
Good team work
Cons
It a very good experience to work at Unilever.The time they provide for training is average.Opportunities for growth are provided within the operational plant.
Pros
Free journey
As a general worker, I loaded and offloaded imported and exported goods. Asset management were part of the skills I learned at Unilever, as I had to receive and handle goods. Efficiency was part of my daily job since my team and I had to make sure that we load and offload the trucks within the required time. Safety management was also part of the job since we had to practice proper house keeping and work safe all time in order to protect the business, environment and personnel. Team work was the fuel that we used to achieve each goal and serve the company efficiently. The management at Unilever kept us disciplined and working smart by their time management and clear communication skills. I enjoyed working with my team since we all got along well and worked together towards the common goal.
Pros
positivity and being part of a hard working team
Cons
Working night shifts
As a quality control technician, all non-conformance in the factory were to be attended by a technician on shift and also being the quality representative with regards to any quality deviance in product quality. Use of SAP system and communicating to all management any non-conformance and being able to follow up with a particular department. Making right decisions on shift without contacting the management as most of quality issues rest with a senior technician.
Pros
Internet use
work is good..learnt alot as it is my first permanent position. started as a packer and made my way up to operator..looking to gain experience in engineering
Cons
shifts
I learn to love my job,The more I love my job its easy to work with other people and other race.Typical day its where people came back from leave and they don`t concentrate.Managers are there to give guidelines that need to be following and I must share with my co-workers and we must work as team.Its happen that someone didn`t report at work in time and I must cover or work more hours.I enjoy being recognized and appreciated of what I am doing.
Pros
Companies provide free lunches at the end of year parties or award ceremonies.
Cons
I work 3 shift that 8 hours per shift but its happen that I must work 12 per shift and weekends.
Writing lots of CAPEX motivations with the aim of having budget allocations. Running with projects and contractor management. I learned a lot about CIP plants and CIP lines. I worked very well with my co-workers. Hardest part of the job was the extremely long process it took to get projects approved. I enjoyed the people and the company culture.
Pros
14th cheque
Cons
Things did not happen very quickly
Unilever taught me that you do not have to be in management position to portray leadership skills, they helped me realise the potential i never thought i had in me. Unilever believes in producing quality products at the same time keeping their employees motivated all the times. Unilever recognises the talent and help employees to excel more by organising trainings, encourage people to study and fund their studies and also reward the employees who did well. Management was interested in each and every employees work including in-service trainees, they organised presentations and check if students are really getting a proper training and also do a follow up if they still happy in their departments and gave the support students needed. The challenging part was the effluent treatment plant project, i had very little knowledge when it came to water treatment and i was leading the project but with more research and team work it became a success.
I loved every second of my job as include travelling to different places, my co-worker was like my brother we talked all the way to our destination
Pros
Cons
Yes and night shifts
it starts a 08.30 daily with a morning meeting discussing the previous days preformance.. issue , actions and things to be donelearn about people , challenges that we face, working under pressureI manage people whom I respect ,I have managed on quiet a few occasions latest 2012 for 3 months in inbound stores.My co -workers are great , they share laernings hadpart of my job is time keepng ..The most enjoyable is knowing that I have earned my salary and the people I work with, the emmense impact of the current business
Pros
flexibility
Cons
dont get paid according to your worth
  1. Pietermaritzburg, KwaZulu-Natal