Unilever

Unilever Employee Reviews for Marketer

They believe in training i have attended a lot of those. Development is key to them if you achieve you get rewarded and recognition. The technology is great
Pros
Big conferences
Cons
Hard work
It seems like the only thing keeping Unilever relevant is their strong brand because other than that the company is lacking when it comes to applying an ethical culture, new advancements in technology especially with regards to Digital Marketing and to be honest with the amount of work outsourced to agencies you can perhaps wonder what exactly is your role in the company if the agency does most, if not all of the work! A very disappointing experience of a massive, well established company (perception wise). I do hope things change for the South African head office in Durban because high salaries and good perks eventually fade away and wont keep all your staff happy for long. Stop selling dreams and fix your house!
Great to come to work wearing sneakers and jeans. Unilever is big in development and its always useful to have tools on hand to easily learn about a skill that i need to acquire.
Pros
Cons
increases way below inflation
I enjoyed working at unilever although there was a lot of pressure with regards to deadlines and feedback. Changes brought about by new management brought about restructure and job losses. This also had an adverse reaction to sales. Loss of sales brought about more restructure. Will not go back to work for unilever because you do not have job job security.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
High pressure
interaction team work planning budgeting managing activations executing and tracking of all planned activations managing new projects developing new countries
Pros
flexible
Cons
limited growth
Working for Unilever has not only taught me what classically marketing is all about, but let me jump into the world of digital marketing. The resources, training and investment that comes with working for this company is invaluable and has been a brilliant grounding for me in marketing. A typical day for me includes juggling meetings with agencies, gathering input from cross-functional teams such as R&D, sales and finance in order to deliver the best marketing execution possible. I have been lucky enough to work with a fantastic team. Our office atmosphere is dynamic and there is a high level of trust amongst our various teams. When the chips are down, everyone jumps in to get the job done which can mean the difference between meeting a target, or not. I love the culture in Unilever where inclusivity and diversity are high on every managers agenda. The hardest part of my job is jumping between projects and making sure all our forecasts are as close to perfect as possible. I love the unpredictability that comes with a marketing role as I am constantly challenged to keep our projects on the right track
Pros
Agile working, access to training, fun culture
Cons
high pressure, constant restructuring
i follow my daily call cycle. i deal with the store owners and buyers. the hardest part of my job is getting the store buyers/owners to take what i am offering. that is also my most enjoyable part of my job because i get what i want most of the time.i have about 37 staff that report to me.( merchandisers and field marketers) i am always assisting co-workers on closing deals and explaining them how a certain deal works. i really enjoy my job.
helping customer in help they need,looking after the stock and shelves,working with different people of other companies.
Pros
fre lunches
Cons
i place orders from then its floor walk then i pack the stock on the shelves.the most important part of my job is doing displays and meetingwith store managers for updating with new innovations.
Pros
meeting every month on updates about the company and new innovations