Unilever

Unilever Employee Reviews for Operator

12 hours shift 4 day shift Safety priority,The benefits are quite fair, you get shift incentives,gift,salary is very well market related, for me it was a distance walk to work.
Good and bad moments. Overall "okay" expereience. Good company for people that are new to work environment. The progress/ growth, however, varies from department to department.
The organizational structure and culture is superb, it’s only problem it’s the evolution of ways of production, where lot of production is getting automated and employees are losing jobs, you cannot really say you have secured job more especially if you’re on the floor...overall it’s has reasonable salaries with better benefits
I worked as an operator during an Apprenticeship program. I experienced a lot of engineering practical work. Did maintainance on machines. Attended management meetings. Received exposure in a production firm. Learned to work with people.
Pros
Free product
Cons
No cons
Requires strong individual drive. Lacks experienced managers. Lacks structure and defined job roles and tasks. The company macro culture is not filtered through to ground floor.
Pros
Job security, benifits
Cons
Little recognition
I love the Unilever part time study scheme and the future leader programme.being funded by your company is the best feeling ever.I love working for Unilever.
Pros
free unilever products and a staff shop
Cons
cold factory
Unilever is a great company, I would recommend it to anyone. the working conditions and environment is health and the company caters for all the needs of employees. They pride them selves in ensuring safety.
Pros
Team away sessions
Cons
It's a good workplace, the workload is manageable. Friendly work environment. Personal Development is more crucial. Team players are most important in this field
Unilever Ola factory is a great company which affords opportunities to young people by giving them an experience in the workings environment . The company is a good to start a career.
Pros
Free ice cream
Cons
Shifts
They typical day i encountered was when the line i was working at was broken and i was asked to assist to the other line which i was not given work training. That gave me an opportunity to learn abroad about the company and never relay on working on the same position. The management are the great leaders and understands that communication is the key in the workplace. The hardest part of the job is when we can not deliver the target due to the machine problem .e.g Brian Leakage etc. The most enjoyable part of the job was on production day where management come to the factory and work with us, and we become their management.
Pros
free launches and trips
I gained much experience working for Unilever.It contributed a lot to my upbringing as I started working there while I was still young. Promotional opportunities are there if you are well dedicated.
Pros
Own lunch
Cons
Moderate hours
Its good working environment and people are friendly it's a good place to be and management people are friendly to anyone I enjoy working there and it's a good experience
Cons
Unilever is an exciting and progressive company that offers numerous benefits to their employees along with pleasant working hours. There is also always a scope for improvement.
Pros
Stability
Cons
Shift hours
very productive,mind stimulating , easy working , fun , enjoyable,very friendly co workers, easy to approach management,high quality standards,many new inovations
Pros
incentives
Cons
working conditions were not good in peak seasons. We were always working under pressure because the demand was very high in peak seasons. Sometimes they would bring tons of water to wastewater treatment plant and expect you as an operator to monitor the flow of water into the plant and when there is an overflow because of tons of water brought into the plant, they would come and blame you, but it was really a nice experience because i was adapting to work under pressure.
Pros
There were no benefits for temporary workers.
Cons
working conditions were very bad on peak season.
long hours day connect chocolate bath easily communicating with employees fun to work with long hours working under staffed be able to connect with other departments easily
Pros
free ice cream
I was Mixing Raw Materials on the particular sous requested, whipping Operational that Unilever and also Supplying. My Co workers were very good, understanding, Matured and Multi Skilled because we were mostly working in Teams.
Pros
My team members were so helpful and motivating me
Cons
Long Hours
Unilever is the great place to be . It gives everyone opportunity to develop in terms of future and life planning.I have achieved tremendous experience and skills for example , committment , planning , problem solving and orgnisational . I cannot forget to mention being responsable.
Pros
Away session to Drankenburg
Cons
Normal
I started working at Unilever from 1992/06/04 to 2015/12/31,i enjoyed my stay at unilever with no regret,i enjoyed every moment being there until i got retrenched.I worked as a Receiving and Dispatching clerk and moved to operation as a universal operator/team leader and i was involved in many activities due to my flexibility e.g safety rap,first aider and fire fighting within the department,i got an Oscar award for that. I was having good relationship with my managers and also the team that i'm working with were good to me because i'm a team player and a good leader.The hardest part with my job is that its a physical job it needs your strength and focus and the most enjoyable part is that meeting our given target on daily basis and what i have learn is that team work and flexibility with the team is the most remarkable thing you can ever achieve.
stick to logic, basics ,focus and never go off concentration therefore any day at work should/must be fun, be happy around your colleagues and your management that's when you're going to enjoy a working place
Pros
appreciations
Cons
unclear instruction
My area of work is very clean and safe to work in not only for me but also to other employees.It is very good when you we after our targets and you will always want to beat the line record/ shift record, monthly record and year record, We do general maintenance and machine change overs and repairs on the line. i ve learn that you have to stick to production plan in order to meet the demand and lowering the cost. Management are not very good when coming to communication and can divide work for their own benefit. My co-workers very good in information sharing Setting high target for production when their is no or less maintenance on equipment Being a Health and Safety Representative Officer
Pros
vouchers and discount at staff shop
Cons
long hours, environment not healthy in a long run