United Nations High Commissioner For Refugees (UNHCR)

United Nations High Commissioner For Refugees (UNHCR) Employee Reviews

5,0
The world body of peace maker, humanitarian service to the needy
People around the world , for those affected by war, famine, natural disaster through of organs food provider the world food program and world health organization,environmental agency serve entire world. Keep air , water land cleans environment.
5,0
As a committed Human Rights advocate and lawyer with extensive experience investigating existing and potential violations of the Human Rights laws and protection of victims of human rights abuse in the field of refugee protection, I enjoy working with the UNHCR, but the payment for the interpreters is not enough for life expenses.
5,0
Highly recognized International organization, leading humanitarian assistance across the world.

I loved my job with UNHCR and wish to continue working in the future
Pros
Great environment
Cons
Nothing specific
3,0
Learned a lot about project management, budgeting and project control.
Good salary and benefits. Fast paced job. No opportunities for advancement for local staff. No job security.
5,0
UNHCR performs crucial activities to safeguard the livelihoods of persons of concern (i.e. refugees) and provides its employees with the relevant training and skillsets to action protective functions accordingly.
5,0
Learned a lot about the current refugee crisis and world politics. The workplace used to offer meditation and yoga session since the work was stressful.
5,0
I can work in a happy working environment. There is a opportunity to work with people in different countries and different cultures. I acquired new knowledge and experiences and learn to negotiate with different people, different situations and culture. I truly expose to the world.
Pros
Flexible working hours, benefits, Insurance, Prestige
Cons
Less job security due to international Issues.
5,0
UNHCR is an organization hosting thousands of refugees and their mandatory is to protect refugees. Protection is one of their mandatory, such as resettlement, shelter, food and women and children protection.
4,0
Its was first intern in the United Nations and the experience was very helpful and educational , I learned all the basics of supply , logistics and procurement and custom and duties and other important clearances.
Pros
Educational experience
Cons
No time
3,0
Working at UNHCR is good. however it doesn't give an opportunity to promote yourself. working as an interpreter in UNHCR got you paid less comparing to the other stuff.
Pros
safe working environment
Cons
no promotions when you work as an interpreter.
5,0
As I was working among refugees set up,I learned that it is very important to respect everyone without looking on how someone looks like.And when you help people as you suppose to do,you feel realxed.
Pros
Free lunch and 2 breaks
Cons
Lack of torelance when there is accusation from the client.
4,0
The workplace is very active, with a fast pace. It is a good thing to work for a humanitarian cause and try to make the world a better place, especially by helping those in need.
4,0
My work was directly related to my legal training, I learned a lot, and they pay interns (a rare gem in the UN system). However, there is no guaranteed position after your internship.
3,0
Ευχάριστο και πολυπολιτισμικό εργασιακό περιβάλλον, σεβασμός στο ωράριο του εργαζομένου, έμφαση στην ασφάλεια του εργαζομένου κατά την εκτέλεση των καθηκόντων του, πάρα πολύ καλές αμοιβές. Πολύ ενδιαφέρον εργασιακό αντικείμενο, άμεση επαφή με εξυπηρετούμενους.
Απουσία αξιολόγησης, ελάχιστες ευκαιρίες εκπαίδευσης και εξέλιξης.
4,0
I was management the sectors of health, education, SGBV, people with specific needs, medical cases. I was responsible for 5 northern governorates. The job was quite stressful especially when my supervisor resigned and I had to do her part of the job as well.
Pros
Free lunches, two coffee breaks per day
Cons
stresful
4,0
Again, my experience was with UNHCR's office in Bihac. I don't know that I can speak to all of UNHCR. But, if I did I would say the organization is very slow in changing.
5,0
I love my job at the UNHCR. it is fun, you get to meet and interacts with new people on daily basses. some of this people love what my organization is doing and want to be part of it. While some other could be very different. However, it is our duty to make them understand what we do. what your organization is all about and how there can be part of it. The job requires you to put in the right attitude and energy at all times in other to get the right results.
5,0
We started work at 8 am and go for lunch at 1pm and then we finish work at 5 pm.
I learned talk to people of concern in a better way and also assisting them in whatever they wanted

We shared with colleagues whatever that we had

when refugees become violent during consultation periods

being able to solve problems for refugees was the very enjoyable part of the job
Pros
free transport
Cons
paying for our own accomodation when going out with work
3,0
challenging, working under pressure, follow up and dealing with deadlines and emergency situations that require immediate intervention. improved analytical & communications skills. Great Team of coworkers and colleagues. advancement is somehow subject to networking
5,0
Home to homeless people and should be supported by all human beings. I learned about humanity and humanitarian services and would like to commence the staff for their commitment
Pros
free internet
Cons
deepresing
5,0
Me encanta ayudar y ser parte de una gran organización, hay más alegría en dar que en recibir, valoro y respeto las personas desprendidas de su tiempo para dar a los demás un poco de alivio a sus necesidades y fortalecer su diario vivir.
Pros
Ver las necesidades de otros y poder dar de lo que no tengo para satisfacer sus falencias.
Cons
No contar con suficiente, ver tanta angustia en sus rostros y no lograr aliviar completamente el objetivo de la organización