United Nations

United Nations Employee Reviews

South Africa6 reviews

4,2Work-Life Balance

Well structured

I enjoyed working for two different UN organisations in a period of 15 years. (With a 3 year gap between them). I enjoyed them both even though stress levels were high and there was little or no work-life balance (country specific). The first 13’ years I enjoyed thoroughly, with the variety of responsibilities and great colleagues and team spirit.

Meaningful job

Meaningful job. If you like challenges and you like helping people in need than this is for you. The colleagues are nice and very motivated to help others.

Professional

Working for United Nations Development Program was a great experience and I learned allot from my employment with UNDP I got extensive experience of how United Nations operates and business process

Pros

Professional Environment

Cons

No cons

Great experience and knowledge gained.

Training and development of staff / handlers, managing of dog unit and logistics on a daily basis. Members were trained from green to well qualified handlers.Working conditions and cultural differences were a challenge.

Pros

Job satisfaction

Cons

Working conditions

Excelente

La jornada se iniciaba a las 06:00, actividad física y desayuno, charla de actividades para el día, patrullajes terrestres según planificación, inserciones aérea según disposiciones del mando. Todo se dió de acuerdo al período previo al despliegue, por tal razón nada fue difícil. Lo destacable, fue el reencuentro con mi familia en República Dominicana, en un período de descanso.

Pros

Excelente sistema de seguros de vida, y de viaje, como también la logística

Cons

No hubo percepción de puntos negativos o contras.

I loved working in a team

I have worked around people for 4 years, a typical day was 12-14 hours, I loved the pressure and time constraints. Feeling accomplished when work got done on time and was right. The management was friendly, and helpful and always there to assist. The hardest part of the job was leaving (consultation) and was not a permanent position.

Pros

Good working environment

Cons

Not permanent

Ask a question about working or interviewing at United Nations. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4,2 out of 5 stars for Work/Life Balance