Unitrans

Unitrans Employee Reviews

South Africa111 reviews
4,0
I enjoyed working at Unitrans it a good company. They treat every employee with respect. I've learn alot working as a team. Time management, dealing with clients. Pre inspection.
5,0
I work at unitrans for 7 years.2 years under egency 5 years under unitrans .unitrans is good company that everybody willing to work on,being at unitrans was good.
5,0
Know what is required management and teams are there to assists and clarify what is required from an employee. I had to familiarize my self with systems in place. Had to adjust meeting new friends and colleagues familiarize with different managers as we report to different managers per shift whether night or day shift. The hardest part was to get use to working night shift but body adjust and comply to the situation. The ever changing management is also kind of challenging because when you are used to ones style of management suddenly you change to adopt the new style the new manager is applying.
Strong and Positive Leadership
It is good company that has leaders that are decisive when it comes to steering the organization's course. They know how to build strong relationships and provide open communication with their employees. They motivate their team and hold everyone to high standards of responsibility and accountability.
4,0
I started working at uni... in 2013, we worked as a team n sometimes we were told to start at 6 am n finish late, I had good times and bad, overall I had a great time
5,0
Unitrans has a strong supportive culture. Safety is a lifestyle. The operations are system driven and guided by procedures. The communication from senior management is clear and accurate. Corporate governance is practised well and audits conducted regularly on all aspects of the business. There is a strong sense of pride in the brand. Targets and deadlines are tight.
5,0
I was happy at Unitrans the work is fun but safety always come first I had to leave the company because of personal problems but had not for that I would have never left Unitrans. Untrans always think of the safety of there drivers b4 anything els.
3,0
To do the job is nice and straight forward. But to loose R400 a day for any mistake and mishap is a bit out of line Doing garages and delivering fuel to garages One have to adhere to the safety rules of the company You must be safety concious on the road and site
3,0
Unitrans was great untill i took the job in Malmesbury. There was no workshop you had to work in Sun and rain. There was no support from supervisor at operations. This made my work hard to do. I am a good and hard worker
5,0
This job is very challenging work is very safety must work under very challenging circumstances but is great you can grown is this company and management is there to help you
4,0
Good place to work at. Environment friendly. Safety first. PPE supplies yearly, no mistake. No pay day issues. Your are not bothered with work activities when ur on leave
3,0
Unitrans has 4x MAN/VW dealerships in SA with the full provision for parts, new and used vehicles, service and breakdowns, that pertains a hands on approach. Our area is remote and apply a high demand of visits in our region. The OEM from Germany has the best practices in place and products superior in the world.

Daily management contains sales management, parts profiling, key customer dealings, eg Barlows, Supergroup etc.

Unitrans run a strict policy and governance with strong financial procedures. The culture is hardworking and time consuming on structuring of deals and the finance thereof.
Pros
20 days leave
Cons
Slow pace dealing with transactions on new and used vehicles.
5,0
UNITRANS is a productive and fun working place , I've learned to participate in a meeting, I've learned to record everyday cost and send weekly cost to the Manager. the hardest part of the job It when it was end of the month when I have to send monthly flash report to head office. counting stock, tire stock, updating new service schedule when it was Thursday because we use to update service schedule on Thursdays. The most enjoyable part of the Job it when there is no overruns on my service schedule.
3,0
When we arrive at the workplace we have our usual morning meeting and housekeeping after that is done we do general admin that is needed before the day starts.
1,0
It typical day needs to put more effort on what you doing ,and be vigilant at all times ,be brave stick to the time ,I've learnt to work with the team,to work on your own and take decisions if possible,management is there to make a plan and take decisions and work with zero harm at all times.
Pros
Full benefit coverage
4,0
This is a very stable and big company to work for. The hardest part of the job is to get promoted when you proof yourself almost everyday. Long hours make the salary worth it, but only for so long.
Great Company to work for
Management is Excellent

Hours is convenient

Protective clothing is comfortable

Salary is always on time

Benefits is good

Good environment to work in

Good work colleagues

Learning the work was a new experience
Pros
Free beveregas
Cons
Retrenchment
5,0
Flexibility needed interms of doing delivery so that workers will feel very comfortable to perform there duty without fear of making mistakes so management must allow them to show how they can manage there work without interference
5,0
I'm a good worker and hard working honest love working with people and in joy my job I tink on my feet and work good under pressure and olways on time
Cons
Im use to work long hours
5,0
It was a great 9 years at Unitrans I feel like I need to challenge myself and try other companies. I have learnt a lot and I have a clean record and collected many certificates.
Pros
Great team
Cons
Weekend shifts
5,0
My first day at work i fee comfortable and enjoy a task that were given at that time in order to be productive. I learn about the job and how must behave at a workplace. The management is strictly manage the job quite and enjoyable
Pros
Free lunches